Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread V3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well I normally watch the eagles game when it’s on a Sunday and if that’s 6pm or 9:25pm I’ll watch red zone for the slot the eagles game isn’t in if that makes sense. The week the eagles were on a bye or when they are on TNF or MNF I’d use red zone for the late window on Sunday and pick a game for the early. So I used to see a fair bit but nobody can physically watch every minute of every game on a Sunday.

Edit: also nfl game day highlights is a great way to get an overall recap of what happened.

Yeah same, I’d watch the Steelers unless they are 1.00am starts and I’d have an eye on Redzone most of Sunday evening but am always getting distracted by kids or people calling to the house or whatever.

I used to like the early week catchup show but I’m sure I’ll live without it

MrKingsley wrote: »
    I thought mark Chapman was growing into it well well.

Fine recap show in MOTD format. I’m surprised it wasn’t kept

I’d imagine that the Saturday show will be expanded to an hour or longer?

All NFL highlight shows are terrible anyway because of that weird slow motion filming that the "highlights" always shown in. The condensed versions at normal speed they put on YouTube are way better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

I’d imagine that the Saturday show will be expanded to an hour or longer?
    Not even close, 35 minutes.
    I actually think it will probably move away from highlights more than ever and just become solely a Sunday preview

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I know that it says any game, any time on the gamepass bit and if you didn’t know any better you’d think there were no potential for blackouts of games (I say potential because they seem to have forgotten)

What's the blackout rule on Gamepass? Thought they abandonded that rule (in the states anyway)

• Advertisement

All NFL highlight shows are terrible anyway because of that weird slow motion filming that the "highlights" always shown in. The condensed versions at normal speed they put on YouTube are way better.
    I don't think there's any good way to watch NFL nightlights, watching the 5/6 minute version with regular angles is grand to show you the big plays and scores, but if you're watching highlights of a game you don't know the outcome of, it's hard to follow. Doesn't work as well as watching Sunday Game or Match of the Day I feel

• Registered Users Posts: 39,557 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Shedite27 wrote: »
    What's the blackout rule on Gamepass? Thought they abandonded that rule (in the states anyway)

The games that are shown on sky sports at 6pm and 9:25 pm on Sunday are meant to be blacked out for 24 hours but since the new crowd took over a few years ago and we don’t get them. I don’t know why it’s happening that way but I’m not complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,033 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Still in place in the States as well when using Sunday Ticket. Anything shown on local TV in your area is blocked.

I see skip Bayless is being his usual charming self. Those comments he made about Dak Prescott say more about him than dak.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I liked that Tuesday night NFL show on BBC, it was a bit cringey and Jason Bell is annoying as f##k but it was a decent run around the league. Presumably most of us don’t have time to follow it all on Sundays.

That said I never saw the point of two shows so I suppose it’s a sort of consolidation

Yep, a Saturday show is pretty useless for me. Who wants to warch last weeks recap when this week has already started? Hopefully theres something similar on Gamepass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Itssoeasy wrote:
    I see skip Bayless is being his usual charming self. Those comments he made about Dak Prescott say more about him than dak.

Yeah I just read them.. Jaysus talk about twisting the knife.. Bad form to sorta attack his well being like that. But Skip is a rag and always will be

• Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Would prefer if they had scrapped the Saturday night preview show and just stuck with the Tuesday night highlights. I found it a good way of recapping the weekend and they always touched on the upcoming game for teams so that was kind of a preview anyway.

Was just checking the schedule for Sunday, Sky Sports Mix (the free one for Sky customers) will have Redzone again. The afternoon they'll be showing NFL Network's Gameday morning too - 3 hour preview show from 2pm - 5pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Was just checking the schedule for Sunday, Sky Sports Mix (the free one for Sky customers) will have Redzone again. The afternoon they'll be showing NFL Network's Gameday morning too - 3 hour preview show from 2pm - 5pm

I'm not a fan of Gameday morning (I find the personalties and some of the gimmicks quite annoying). But in previous years in Gamepass you could select a game to watch 1 hour before kick off and see the last hour of the pre-game show from Fox or CBS. Both of which are much better than the NFL Network one.

I'm not a fan of Gameday morning (I find the personalties and some of the gimmicks quite annoying). But in previous years in Gamepass you could select a game to watch 1 hour before kick off and see the last hour of the pre-game show from Fox or CBS. Both of which are much better than the NFL Network one.

And last year on the desktop version of gamepass the fox and cbs pre game shows were separate tabs without going into a game. On NFL gameday morning I like the individual people at times their combos annoy the **** out of me.

And also Lindsay Rhodes who was the long time presenter of total access has left the NFL network after 12 years which IMO is an awful lose to the network as Lindsay was a superb presenter.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29867844/titans-first-round-pick-isaiah-wilson-arrested-dui

The Titans first round pick Isaiah Wilson has been arrested for DUI. His blood alcohol level was .107 and the legal limit according to the article is .08 in Tennessee.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29867844/titans-first-round-pick-isaiah-wilson-arrested-dui

The Titans first round pick Isaiah Wilson has been arrested for DUI. His blood alcohol level was .107 and the legal limit according to the article is .08 in Tennessee.

I don't think he lasts the seasons, he jumped off a balcony a few weeks ago after being found at a party when he should have been using his brain and staying isolated. He's been on the covid list twice in 2 months.

Mohammed sanu has signed with the 49ers.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yep, a Saturday show is pretty useless for me. Who wants to warch last weeks recap when this week has already started? Hopefully theres something similar on Gamepass

The Sunday in 60 on Gamepass is really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,033 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Mohammed sanu has signed with the 49ers.

Happy with that presuming he comes in relatively cheap, especially with question marks over Kittle, Aiyuk, and Deebo (having a set back that could keep him out a while).

He won't help the week 1 struggles with stretching the field but will be a safe target, most likely taking the big slot role that was lined up for Hurd prior to his camp injury. Add to that a veteran presence for a very young group and knowing Kyle's system so shouldn't take too much time to be ready to play.

Having sniffed around him last year prior to the Patriot's trade it is great to get him without the cost of any draft picks, like most other options would.

• Advertisement

Is there any way not to have to view the UK version of NFL.com?

Is there any way not to have to view the UK version of NFL.com?

I just tried there. Had to VPN and private window to get it. VPN on it's own didn't work for some reason.

The only difference between the home pages that I could see is that extra level 'NFL UK' with the 4 boxes. Everything else seemed the same with the other sections ('What's Trending', 'Fantasy Advice' etc.) just pushed down a level. The headlines and content of all the sections seems the same.

I just tried there. Had to VPN and private window to get it. VPN on it's own didn't work for some reason.

The only difference between the home pages that I could see is that extra level 'NFL UK' with the 4 boxes. Everything else seemed the same with the other sections ('What's Trending', 'Fantasy Advice' etc.) just pushed down a level. The headlines and content of all the sections seems the same.

I always see a different main headline for about a second before it switches.

Any idea why they made the new LA Rams logo so similar to the LA Chargers. I would have thought with 2 temas moving to the same city they'd have made an effort to amke them very different. Every time I see the LA logo I think Chargers

https://twitter.com/RamsNFL/status/1242166121093976064?s=20

los_angeles_chargers_2017-pres.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,830 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Any idea why they made the new LA Rams logo so similar to the LA Chargers. I would have thought with 2 temas moving to the same city they'd have made an effort to amke them very different. Every time I see the LA logo I think Chargers

https://twitter.com/RamsNFL/status/1242166121093976064?s=20

los_angeles_chargers_2017-pres.png

Was very obvious during Hard Knocks. Would often forget which team you were watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

These two stats are incredible. Didn't realise they had not won since last October.

How did Patricia survive black Monday.

https://twitter.com/TommyBeer/status/1307808915170775041

Do you reckon this guy still has a job?

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1308793001213394944

I had heard that yesterday, insane! To add insult to injury (quite literally) he cost Taylor his starting job. I can’t see them taking Herbert out of that spot now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Cookies probably.

NFL(dot)com has your location stored.

• Advertisement

If Tyrod Taylor had cracked ribs why was he starting last week at all ?

Advertisement