Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread V3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭VillaMad

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So did sky sports announced they had MNF earlier and it changed ?

Sky are showing it also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

VillaMad wrote: »
    Channel 5 in the UK showing Monday Night Football, midnight the 14th, with the Giants v Steelers. They seem to have bought some NFL TV rights.

Can be manually added on Sky Boxes. Not sure if any other TV providers in Ireland show Channel 5.

Is it Mike and Nat again?

Is it Mike and Nat again?

No official announcement by Channel 5 about what they are doing. Would imagine they will just get the whole feed off ESPN as Sky do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Adrian Peterson is signing with Detroit.

....and Clowney to the Titans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Adrian Peterson is signing with Detroit.

I was absolutely not expecting that. Strange move.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭cosatron

I was absolutely not expecting that. Strange move.

Patricia is making some funny moves. What do u make of him

• Registered Users Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

cosatron wrote: »

Throwing **** at the wall, hoping to avoid the sack. He's been awful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

cosatron wrote: »

So there's a pretty wide variation of opinions on him. AbusesToilets is far from alone in his view but I do lean the other way. I do think most moves in the Quinn/Patricia era have a clear logic to them, whether you agree with that logic is another thing. This year should tell a lot beat writers have noted the feeling is different around camp this year and there seems to be complete buy in. They're definitely his guys now. I'm not expecting miracles but provided Stafford stays healthy there needs to be serious improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,203 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

What a sweet deal. 12 grand a week to be on retainer basically. He gets to continue living at home so apart from having to continue working out nothing in his life changes.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1302685764178841601

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

It’s week 1 baby!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Some fall for josh rosen, practice squad of the bucks. I know its a career move for him to try fix his career but still... Number one to practice squad in what 4 years??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Some fall for josh rosen, practice squad of the bucks. I know its a career move for him to try fix his career but still... Number one to practice squad in what 4 years??

You've got to respect the move all the same, could have taken backup money elsewhere but goes to the place where he's got the best chance to fight for #1 after this year and learn from the best.

hots wrote: »
    You've got to respect the move all the same, could have taken backup money elsewhere but goes to the place where he's got the best chance to fight for #1 after this year and learn from the best.

After this year....????? TB's going to play until he's 60.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,840 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

"The other team essentially would have been "buying" a draft pick, which the NFL has never allowed."

Yeah, Brock Osweiler says different.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

It's pretty common in the NBA from what I understand..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

just remembered that the Titans are on MNF, so highlights for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

just remembered that the Titans are on MNF, so highlights for me :(

Remoting in on Tuesday morning to watch it live.

HON DENVER!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Mercifully the Steelers are the early MNF game at 12.15. I will tell myself that I will only watch the first half but inevitably stay up for it all and pay the pice Tuesday

• Advertisement

Any bars in Dublin be showing the 6pm game? Be great if they also did lovely chicken wings

Mercifully the Steelers are the early MNF game at 12.15. I will tell myself that I will only watch the first half but inevitably stay up for it all and pay the pice Tuesday

One advantage (and probably the only advantage) of supporting a rubbish team, Washington in my case, is that they don't get any national games so all their games are either in the 1pm or 4:30pm time slots!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Any bars in Dublin be showing the 6pm game? Be great if they also did lovely chicken wings

The Woolshed will be and they do fantastic wings. There's a regular boards meetup there every gameday Sunday so loads of like minded fans as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

5 yrs 105m with 71m guaranteed for Jalen Ramsey.

The Rams dug themselves a hole by not extending him as part of the trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

5 yrs 105m with 71m guaranteed for Jalen Ramsey.

The Rams dug themselves a hole by not extending him as part of the trade.

Funny thing is that the new contract for him is the reason why they'll end up under the cap (were $400k above).

Rams made a complete mess of their contracts since the Super Bowl. Goff way over market for his skills and then moving on from Gurley and Cooks has cost them $33m in dead cap. Add big money for Donald and Ramsey, even if deserved, and trading away cheap draft picks has left them likely to struggle with depth for a while.

https://twitter.com/NFLUK/status/1303729699135221761

That's the final line-up for TV in Ireland & the UK. The Tuesday night show on BBC showing the highlights seems to have gone, while Channel 5's live Monday Night Football will be in a US studio, whilst also having a magazine programme on a Sunday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I know that it says any game, any time on the gamepass bit and if you didn’t know any better you’d think there were no potential for blackouts of games (I say potential because they seem to have forgotten) and I like MJD and I’ve never heard of Kirsten Watson but I’m sure she’s qualified to do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

I liked that Tuesday night NFL show on BBC, it was a bit cringey and Jason Bell is annoying as f##k but it was a decent run around the league. Presumably most of us don’t have time to follow it all on Sundays.

That said I never saw the point of two shows so I suppose it’s a sort of consolidation

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I liked that Tuesday night NFL show on BBC, it was a bit cringey and Jason Bell is annoying as f##k but it was a decent run around the league. Presumably most of us don’t have time to follow it all on Sundays.

That said I never saw the point of two shows so I suppose it’s a sort of consolidation

Well I normally watch the eagles game when it’s on a Sunday and if that’s 6pm or 9:25pm I’ll watch red zone for the slot the eagles game isn’t in if that makes sense. The week the eagles were on a bye or when they are on TNF or MNF I’d use red zone for the late window on Sunday and pick a game for the early. So I used to see a fair bit but nobody can physically watch every minute of every game on a Sunday.

Edit: also nfl game day highlights is a great way to get an overall recap of what happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

I thought mark Chapman was growing into it well well.

Fine recap show in MOTD format. I’m surprised it wasn’t kept

Advertisement