Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Thank you. Should the old Sky box give us FTA now if I plug it back in? (will dig out and try it later) If so I wouldn’t bother getting the two mini Q boxes
    If you go ahead and order Q you must get a hybrid lnb with enough connection points for the old boxes. The old boxes will not work with the new Q lnb.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

okidoki987 wrote: »
    With Sky for years but it's just getting dearer and dearer each year.
    Pulled the plug as next month's premium was going to €146.50 which was for original plan TV, Sky Sports, BT Sports & 2 multi room boxes.
    Rang the 1800 number and said I wanted to cancel, usual wait, came back with a lower offer to €119.50 and said if I took Broadband off them, they would lower it to €100 a month for the TV with another €45 for 1GB BB.
    Said it was still too dear and cancellation confirmed.

Got the 35% off email after cancelling.
    12 months 35% off offer: Any Sky TV package for 35% off for 12 months (from €22.20 a month for 12 months), Sky Sports (€26 extra a month for 12 months) and Sky Cinema (€18.85 extra a month for 12 months). Offer excludes stand alone Premium Channels, Sky Box Office, pay-per-view services and Multiscreen. You will pay the full price for your chosen package after the offer period ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

That also excludes HD and Sky sports extra. If you ring them, they'll likely do separate deals on those.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭KevinK

Was on €60 per month offer for sky q and internet. 12 month initial offer now expired and paying , anyway to get a better deal?

Pretty happy with sky so don’t necessarily want to change but seems like an awful lot to being paying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭antimatterx

KevinK wrote: »
    Was on €60 per month offer for sky q and internet. 12 month initial offer now expired and paying , anyway to get a better deal?

Pretty happy with sky so don’t necessarily want to change but seems like an awful lot to being paying.

Honestly, in my experience you just have to ask.

I called them up last month and said it's to expensive, can we get it down a bit. He said what would you do if we can't get it down, I said I'd probably cancel some of my subscriptions. He put me on hold, applied a promotion to every sub I have and we saved 60 quid a month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Honestly, in my experience you just have to ask.

I called them up last month and said it's to expensive, can we get it down a bit. He said what would you do if we can't get it down, I said I'd probably cancel some of my subscriptions. He put me on hold, applied a promotion to every sub I have and we saved 60 quid a month.

https://www.sky.com/help/canceltvroi
    Fill that out. They’ll ring you with discount within a day or so. Saves you being on hold for hours.

Qprmeath wrote: »
    https://www.sky.com/help/canceltvroi
    Fill that out. They’ll ring you with discount within a day or so. Saves you being on hold for hours.

I wasn't on hold for hours, maybe about 5 minutes. I've always found Sky easy to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭KevinK

Thanks guys..

Just one more question before I call. I signed up to Sky on a 12 month contract in June 2019, I presume I am not under contract now- if I do call and get put back on a cheaper deal will that involve committing for another 12 months (hoping to move in May/June next year so not ideal)

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

KevinK wrote: »
    Thanks guys..

Just one more question before I call. I signed up to Sky on a 12 month contract in June 2019, I presume I am not under contract now- if I do call and get put back on a cheaper deal will that involve committing for another 12 months (hoping to move in May/June next year so not ideal)
    You’re out of contract but any offers will be for 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Qprmeath wrote: »
    You’re out of contract but any offers will be for 12 months.

Not necessarily I've had offers that didn't require committing to a new contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Spn744

Sky Sports & Sport Extra pack currently €30 per month for 6 Months. Does anyone know if you get HD as standard without the HD package? Seems crazy charging €8 extra just to watch the sport in high definition.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Stewball

Spn744 wrote: »
    Sky Sports & Sport Extra pack currently €30 per month for 6 Months. Does anyone know if you get HD as standard without the HD package? Seems crazy charging €8 extra just to watch the sport in high definition.

I think Premier Sports 1 & 2 included in the Sport Extra pack is HD - but you have to stump up the €8 for Sky Sports & BT Sports HD channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Spn744

Stewball wrote: »
    I think Premier Sports 1 & 2 included in the Sport Extra pack is HD - but you have to stump up the €8 for Sky Sports & BT Sports HD channels.

I thought the same, thanks for replying :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Elias79

There is an offer up for me to upgrade to sports and movies for 6 months at 24.50 per month. Do you think that's the best deal around? Haven't seen anything better than that.

Elias79 wrote: »
    There is an offer up for me to upgrade to sports and movies for 6 months at 24.50 per month. Do you think that's the best deal around? Haven't seen anything better than that.

It's €49 without any offers, so you're getting a very good deal there.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Denny61

It's €49 without any offers, so you're getting a very good deal there.

Yes that is a brilliant offer....considering you would spend that much on a few groceries you fit in to your pocket .yet all the movies you can watch plus sport in one month...its a no brainer..go for it

Denny61 wrote: »
    Yes that is a brilliant offer....considering you would spend that much on a few groceries you fit in to your pocket .yet all the movies you can watch plus sport in one month...its a no brainer..go for it

I pay it generally for the sport, I get sports extra as well. I need my football fix. I know theres other means of getting it, but it's not worth the hassle. Movies is discounted to €9 when you have sports, so it's worth getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Any decent offers on broadband for existing customers ? Ive it been offered €39 for 12 months. I have TV too and getting the standard 35% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭celt262

Any decent offers on broadband for existing customers ? Ive it been offered €39 for 12 months. I have TV too and getting the standard 35% off.

39 for 12 months is good enough value

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

celt262 wrote: »
    39 for 12 months is good enough value

Meh when new customers can get it for €30 it doesn't seem great. I might switch to Vodafone who offer the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Meh when new customers can get it for €30 it doesn't seem great. I might switch to Vodafone who offer the same.

Very true.
    It's about time these companies gave the same "new customer" offers to existing customers.
    Just ring and cancel the service and be prepared to move if they don't offer you a deal to stay.
    No reason to stay if offer doesn't suit as there's enough choices out there nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 kayjay123

12 month Sky contract due to end in December. I am paying €84 p/m for basic + Sky Sports, BT sport's and Sports extra.

Anyone think I'd get a cheaper deal if I rang up or is this the cheapest?

kayjay123 wrote: »
    12 month Sky contract due to end in December. I am paying €84 p/m for basic + Sky Sports, BT sport's and Sports extra.

Anyone think I'd get a cheaper deal if I rang up or is this the cheapest?

Thats really good, as the retail price for both sport packages is 70+. You'll probably get a discount if you sign a contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Anyone getting any good loyalty deals from Sky lately? On Variety pack, Bb and landline(never used) paying €68 going up to €96 when out of contract next month

Also does anyone know if you can get BT Sport pack without Sky Sports

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Stewball

jkmanc1974 wrote: »
    Anyone getting any good loyalty deals from Sky lately? On Variety pack, Bb and landline(never used) paying €68 going up to €96 when out of contract next month

Thanks

The BT pack is €17pm without SS for the first six months - goes up to €34pm after that.

You can cancel before the price hike.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

jkmanc1974 wrote: »

Thanks

I just got an offer to upgrade to Sky Q for free. Saving the €155 installation and keeping my existing package. Paying €59 p/m at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

I rang them last week as I my current offers on sky sports and sports extra were up. They have given me both again for 1/2 price for 6 months so happy with that. Dropped the monthly cost a lot. Ill ring again when up again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Spoke with them online via their messenger service today - 3 hours to get offered the grand total of €5 off from €96 to €91 once contract expired

Time to head elsewhere for BB

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Elias79

My half price sports and movies offer ended in March so I just cancelled it and didn't bother looking for any offers because of the lack of sport on at the time. They ended up ringing during the week and offered a Sky Q box with free installation/the subscription at the same price as my current one with sky plus and sky sports/BT sports and movies for 29 euro a month extra. I haven't seen anything better than that on offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

Elias79 wrote: »
    My half price sports and movies offer ended in March so I just cancelled it and didn't bother looking for any offers because of the lack of sport on at the time. They ended up ringing during the week and offered a Sky Q box with free installation/the subscription at the same price as my current one with sky plus and sky sports/BT sports and movies for 29 euro a month extra. I haven't seen anything better than that on offer.

What’s your price now?

Advertisement