Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 bobsnob

end of watch is fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭McGrath5

"End of Watch" just added to Flix US, going to give it a look now.

Great film.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, Blackthorn was recommended a good while back, a very enjoyable tale about a exiled American villian living in Bolivia who attempts to return home.
    It has some great scenery and all the actors deliver their respective parts with good conviction.
    This is on the US Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

McGrath5 wrote: »
    Great film.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, Blackthorn was recommended a good while back, a very enjoyable tale about a exiled American villian living in Bolivia who attempts to return home.
    It has some great scenery and all the actors deliver their respective parts with good conviction.
    This is on the US Netflix.

"End of Watch" is pretty good alright, though the shaky cam stuff was driving me nuts at the beginning, I was going to switch it off after 10 minutes of it, its totally unnecessary and made no sense to the story line, very good cast, thogh if even 50% of what's portrayed in the film is true that Country is completely fcuked. I was one of the people who recommended "Blackthorn", very enjoyable film.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,142 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Separate threads for film & TV
    I thought End of Watch was ok, but the found footage aspect of it nearly ruined it. No need for it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Yeah I would have prefered End of Watch to be a straight movie instead of found footage type stuff. It's not a bad watch though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,183 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Netflix having major problems for me since the update.

I'm going to have to cancel my subscription.

noodler wrote: »
    Netflix having major problems for me since the update.

I'm going to have to cancel my subscription.

By update do you mean to that knew interface with the bar at the bottom with easier access to subtitles?

Dark Knight Rises is on Netflix Sweden, for all you G's who roll like that. (you can switch off subs btw).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Picture quality on Netflix over the last month has gone pretty poor. Not sure if it's Netflix to blame or UPC. Haven't noticed any problems with my broadband otherwise and I was upgraded to 100mb recently...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The Intouchables is on Netflix US according to Instant Watcher. I personally thought it was a load of cliched, regressive rubbish, but a lot of people on here and elsewhere loved it, and even I would concede the performances are excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Coutinho 10

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Picture quality on Netflix over the last month has gone pretty poor. Not sure if it's Netflix to blame or UPC. Haven't noticed any problems with my broadband otherwise and I was upgraded to 100mb recently...

I am stuck with Imagine Wimax and don't have any problems with picture quality at all with Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Netflix has grabbed the Uk & Ireland rights to the Killing Season 3, shown 1 day after US ... episode by episode.

link

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

The Intouchables is on Netflix US according to Instant Watcher. I personally thought it was a load of cliched, regressive rubbish, but a lot of people on here and elsewhere loved it, and even I would concede the performances are excellent.

Was just about to sit down to watch it having previously seen it listed and it seems to have disappeared. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Both versions of Apocalypse Now have been added to US netflix. The redux version doesn't work half as well as the original cut so it's best avoided until you watch the original cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Worked my way through all of the episodes of Its Always Sunny, really hope they add more. It's one of the few genuinely funny american comedy's around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Worked my way through all of the episodes of Its Always Sunny, really hope they add more. It's one of the few genuinely funny american comedy's around.
    I only began the 1st season a few weeks ago. Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Barna77 wrote: »
    I only began the 1st season a few weeks ago. Brilliant.

I think it get's better and better as the seasons go on. Your in for a treat.

Homeland season 1 is on Canadian Flix, hadn't seen any of it before its pretty good.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,142 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Homeland season 1 is on Canadian Flix, hadn't seen any of it before its pretty good.

Nice, that's been on my to do list for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Dogtown and Z-Boys is on netflix uk now, my favourite documentary couldn't even count how many times I've seen it

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Nice, that's been on my to do list for ages.

Don't know if you've seen the Sundance Channel series "Rectify", its also on Canadian one, its fantastic, a better show then "Homeland" if you're looking for something new to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Dogtown and Z-Boys is on netflix uk now, my favourite documentary couldn't even count how many times I've seen it

See Bones Brigade too? Great doc as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I haven't but it was on my suggestions to watch after dogtown and z-boys I'll have a look at it tonight

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    I haven't but it was on my suggestions to watch after dogtown and z-boys I'll have a look at it tonight

Dog Town and Z-Boys is a great film. Worth checking out Riding Giants also, Stacy Peralta driected it too, easily the best surf documentary ever made. Not on Netflix unfortunately though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭da_hambo

The Fall is now on Brazil Netflix...all five episodes...think i saw it on US as well. Time to make room on the Sky box!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Just watched Rampart on US Netflix. Good little LA cop drama. A lot of it has been seen before and it's missing a certain something that keeps it from being great but the central performance by Woody Harrelson is excellent and makes the film very watchable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Goosebumps is on US Netflix now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Goosebumps is on US Netflix now.

Just season 1, I'd love for them to upload 'Are You Afraid of the Dark?', used to love that show.... Children's tv used to have a genuinely disturbing aspect to it sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭da_hambo

Dark Knight Returns, an animated Batman film based on the comic now on Swedish Netflix. Awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭cordni

All these recommendations are great but we need an Irish Netflix thread. A

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement