Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen-Sync !!NEW online radio channel!!

Options
1363738394042»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Lads....whats the story with the Sync? Anyone interested in attempting to get a few hours broadcasting in?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

I'm going to start again Friday, took a small break for the world cup! Trust Sean doesn't mind me playing, doesn't seem to be anyone else at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

I'm on the radio again today, just had a few technical difficulties but it sorted now, so ill be starting at 2.10 I've got some great new tracks by Toby Tobias, Oliver Huntemann, Walls, Joe Goddard, Jorgensen, RadioSlave, Le Noir and Four Tet. Enjoy! http://kitchensync.listen2myradio.com/

Sean I had to change the server to get it working.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Yeah cool, sorry Ive abandoned this station, I just really dont have the time. If someone would like to take over the running I don't mind paying for the hosting.

Sean

Ahhhh, it's been a while.

Just thinking out loud here, seen as the Boilerroom robbed our idea :rolleyes: maybe we could rob one of theirs. How about, instead of trying to stick to a schedule which has failed in the past, we do something similar to the boilerroom setup were we have a night every month or so and have 3/4 DJs play that night over the course of 3/4 hours.

That way you don't have to commit to a weekly slot and we keep the station going. We may even be able to run it from pre parties etc..

As I say just a thought, what ye think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Sounds like a class idea

Yeah it's getting some support on the fb page too

Before we hadn't any rules but audio quality and setlists will be a must this time. We can then keep an archive of mixes online for folk to download.

Want to let this run for a while see what ideas come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Ahhhh, it's been a while.

Just thinking out loud here, seen as the Boilerroom robbed our idea :rolleyes: maybe we could rob one of theirs. How about, instead of trying to stick to a schedule which has failed in the past, we do something similar to the boilerroom setup were we have a night every month or so and have 3/4 DJs play that night over the course of 3/4 hours.

That way you don't have to commit to a weekly slot and we keep the station going. We may even be able to run it from pre parties etc..

As I say just a thought, what ye think?

Sounds like a solid idea man, i think something like this would do well. I was trying to the same with Stomp on Thursday nights but the venue i had was impatient and then i got too sick to care.

The way we ran this in the past was people played from their homes. Do you think this can work in the same way? There is also the possibility of having different hosts each time. Ideally we could have a night in a club and do this but I can't see that happening anytime soon.

I'm in a situation now where I could run a night from my place.

• Advertisement

The way we ran this in the past was people played from their homes. Do you think this can work in the same way? There is also the possibility of having different hosts each time. Ideally we could have a night in a club and do this but I can't see that happening anytime soon.

A house party vibe would be pretty sweet...I reckon people would get behind it because they could just grab a few cans and dodge the pub pricing structures as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Go for it! A bit of a Dublin style Boilerroom buzz minus the poncey london haircuts could be a right laugh!

I'd be up for it anyway!

Go for it! A bit of a Dublin style Boilerroom buzz minus the poncey london haircuts could be a right laugh!

I'd be up for it anyway!

If we can sort out a hot blonde like the one from the Actress set i think that would do a lot for the scene tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

I'll give this a bump seeing the internet connection in the basement back room of TP is being discussed on facebook

What are the thoughts on Vinyl-Only?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

joker77 wrote: »
    I'll give this a bump seeing the internet connection in the basement back room of TP is being discussed on facebook

Like proper DJs !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

joker77 wrote: »

Well, it's been a while since I've worn my vinyl catsuit and I have put a bit of weight since the last time but I'll clean off the jizz stains and see if it fits. Good idea!

Just fired off a mail to them there.

Yea, I like the idea of vinyl only but I don't think we would have enough people with would be all vinyl.

I have been in contact with Twisted Pepper today, they seem to like the idea. I hope people don't mind me sending a few of your soundcloud accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭dubsbhoy

I'd be into a vinyl set only start collecting vinyl again in the last year or so but i reckon i could swing a set or two if there is any going

whats the facebook page ?

• Advertisement

It's official Kitchen Sync is back! YEOW!!

KS#001 will be live from 8pm the 21st January. Eavan O'Donoghue, Tom Mullin, Sean Conlan & Alexander Connolly will play live on the station from a location in town. Contact us for invite details.

KS#002 will be live from The Box @ Twisted Pepper on the 18th Feb where Alex Connolly, Neal Hudson and Sean Conlan. Pogo have Lerosa (live), TR-ONE & More on the same night.. Tickets will be €10 and are available on the door.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Who would I chat with about being a KS DJ? I'm vinyl only.

Drop me a PM there.

Advertisement