Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen-Sync !!NEW online radio channel!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Yeah that is being worked on aswel, hopefully will have more added over the weekend, im lucky to be living with two programmers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Lads what's the craic time long i do listen in occasionaly, i cant understand how i can play on http://onlyoldskool.com/radio.html yet last year when i tried to play on Kitchen Sync i couldn't manage to connect properly for some reason, any ideas?:)

Ah we will have a whole new broadcaster with proper audio, more will be releved at a later dat as we are still at the testing stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Don't know if its a good thing and been busy on here but this thread was 6 pages back?

Don't want to step on anyones toes but I remember before christmas there was a lot of talk about promotion and expansion of this idea and trying to bring it to a larger audience. Not really going to happen when its allowed disapear off the radar like this. I listened in a few times and was always impressed, would be a shame to let this fade away.
    I know a lot of people have commitments, and it probably isn't my place to say, but I think if people want this to spread to a wider audience for dance music in Ireland, then it just needs the people willing to consistantly stand by the commitment they make. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. It would be great to get this going fully and not allow it to fade out.

I am working on the new website, yes its going slow but Im also looking to get a job to pay the bills. I'm delighted your showing interest, but please understand other things can get in the way.

Honestly I'm ready to open up slots again so if anyone wants a slot PM me. The radio is now live 24/7 but im reluctant to release the website address until everything is sorted. PM me if you want a sneak peak.

Also at this time id like to invite people who would like to write for the station to PM me, I need people to write reviews on Gigs, Albums Singles and the like. I already have a few talented people ready but I need more.

Cheers;
    Sean

• Advertisement

I am working on the new website, yes its going slow but Im also looking to get a job to pay the bills. I'm delighted your showing interest, but please understand other things can get in the way.

Honestly I'm ready to open up slots again so if anyone wants a slot PM me. The radio is now live 24/7 but im reluctant to release the website address until everything is sorted. PM me if you want a sneak peak.

Also at this time id like to invite people who would like to write for the station to PM me, I need people to write reviews on Gigs, Albums Singles and the like. I already have a few talented people ready but I need more.

Cheers;
    Sean
    Good to hear theres been even more progress. Wasn't having a go or anything, just I realise the hard work gone into all this, even more reason it would be a shame not to continue to build on what has already been done. Hope to fill one of those slots when I get more practice under my belt, it seems like trance could be a niche on it:)
    Pm aswell.

Yo any website developer want to give me a hand with something, Im nearly finished everything.

Ok so I have three authors including myself for the blog. If anyone else is interested please send me a PM. The site is nearly finished here are the following improvements to be made,

** To Do List **
    - Finish Audio Player
    - Stretch Forum & Schedule Pages
    - Design Logo
    - Fill Schedule

A note to anyone wishing to take a slot, the output of the stream will need to be set to mp3 128k as this format is the only one which can be picked up by the website player.

Big thanks to acman.

Cheers
    Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Ok so I have three authors including myself for the blog. If anyone else is interested please send me a PM. The site is nearly finished here are the following improvements to be made,

** To Do List **
    - Finish Audio Player
    - Stretch Forum & Schedule Pages
    - Design Logo
    - Fill Schedule

A note to anyone wishing to take a slot, the output of the stream will need to be set to mp3 128k as this format is the only one which can be picked up by the website player.

Big thanks to acman.

Cheers
    Sean
    Just regards the output, I for one can only manage 32kBps MP3 upload at home due to my upload speed. Is it ok to upload at that lower rate but still keep it in MP3 stereo format ?? I'd need to be on a 10MB package to get that speed :(

Yeah thats grand once the audio is still good quality. The auto player can only decode mp3, I had it set to aac therefore couldn't get it to work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Yeah thats grand once the audio is still good quality. The auto player can only decode mp3, I had it set to aac therefore couldn't get it to work.
    Ah that's grand, I can do 128kbps in college but only 32kbps at home.

The player is working now, it will auto play when you click on the website. The rest of the work is just messing with the css hopefully finish that today.

Might be looking to launch in the coming weeks. I really need to start designing a header + a avatar for facebook. If there are any graphic designers that could help id be greatfull.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

Just posting so I get thread updates :) Hello everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Looking forward to this starting up again, can't wait to do a set either. I think a twitter feed is a great idea, it'd really help boost ratings.

Twitter

Currently updated automatically by the blog posts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Twitter

Currently updated automatically by the blog posts

eh sean could you fix that until you're set up proper? it's kind of annoying on twitter to see every edit and whatnot.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭donkeykingkong

yeah fair play sean for stickin at it the last while and gettin the site set up. ive been completely sidetracked the last while with jobs at home but hopefully i will be round to help out in the next few weeks

jtsuited wrote: »
    eh sean could you fix that until you're set up proper? it's kind of annoying on twitter to see every edit and whatnot.

Cheers Jeff I'll do that now

Ok who wants what time?

Ok who wants what time on the schedule?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭donkeykingkong

7-8 on a thursday

I'll have a look later and get back to you - am rushing to get out of the house at the moment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Fantastic work Sean. Really, you have given this a great go.
    I was hoping to do an hour on Monday and Friday if there's space for two slots? 10pm - 11pm?

Yeah the schedule is live on the site, I wan't to get all the original DJ's sorted first then start looking at promoting the other slots on other sites.

Just throwing an idea out there to check the response, How would people feel about another Kitchen Sync night?

Anyone awake right now? Am thinking about throwing a bit of industrial/EBM/electro on the stream :)

Hope you don't mind, Sean, just indulging myself in the middle of the night for a while :)

Could I please grab Thurs 8-10pm? It seems to be vacant :) DJ Darkginger Industrial/EBM/electro, all damn good.

No I don't mind people playing anytime there is no DJ Scheduled, actually if people want to use the off air radio as a DJ for a party text me Ive tonnes of class recorded mixes I can throw on and queue up for you :)

One other thing on the schedule, I know Daragh and Bren want to play on a Friday afternoon, thats no problem We can extend out the schedule to include these slots.

Mac compatibility is one of the next things to do, so expect an email if your a mac user in the coming days.

• Advertisement

Can the title of this thread be edited to include the new site address? Direct url for anyone who might lok at the forum.

Advertisement