Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

How many are there? I thought there was only 3.

Jurassic Park 1, 2 and 3. Jurassic World. Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom

• Registered Users Posts: 8,320 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

cian68 wrote: »

Blimey, if it’s making money, keep flogging it! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭munster87

garra wrote: »
    Has anyone watched Inhuman Resources with Eric Cantona?

I invited him but he said he doesn’t like to watch his own movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Buttros

Borgen coming June 15th.

Looking forward to that. Dont think I ever watched season three previously. Will start from the start

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

I said before it's a great film but not an enjoyable film given the subject matter

I am always hesitant to take a coke in any house I am visiting since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

The hangover trilogy

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 31,847 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

cian68 wrote: »
    Jurassic world Dominion coming next year!
    Lot of Jurassic Park people are back

I am a sucker for all of them tbh.
    Jurassic Park is still a classic and probably one of my top 10 films of all time

One of my favourite crap films...Dante's peak is in Netflix...perfect Saturday afternoon nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

gmisk wrote: »
    Jurassic world Dominion coming next year!
    Lot of Jurassic Park people are back

I am a sucker for all of them tbh.
    Jurassic Park is still a classic and probably one of my top 10 films of all time

First one is excellent
    Watched it with the 9 year old and he enjoyed it

I then watched the first “new “ one with him
    Jurassic World
    It was EXTREMELY violent and scary
    I couldn’t believe it
    He actually started crying at one point :D
    I’m a terrible parent
    Going to watch the original second one tomorrow night with him all the same :D

km79 wrote: »
    First one is excellent
    Watched it with the 9 year old and he enjoyed it

I then watched the first “new “ one with him
    Jurassic World
    It was EXTREMELY violent and scary
    I couldn’t believe it
    He actually started crying at one point :D
    I’m a terrible parent
    Going to watch the original second one tomorrow night with him all the same :D
    Jurassic world definitely a bit more gore/scary bits alright. I did enjoy it but it has a lot of lifts from the original film.

Jurassic Park 2 is a lot of fun not a patch on the original but some brilliant set pieces and scenes...plus Jeff Goldblum is always a positive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭santana75

gmisk wrote: »

Its funny because I just started listening to The Jurrasic Park Audiobook today. I read the novel years ago and remember enjoying it and thinking it better than the movie(which is very good). That made me think about Michael Crichton and how at one stage it seemed like every movie was written by the man himself. He created ER aswell and you couldnt walk into a bookshop or even newsagent without falling over the Michael crichton section. His life was really interesting, having studied medicine at Harvard no less, all the while churning out pot boilers every couple of months. Imagine that, in medical school which is full on and at the same time, writing novels that were actually being published........He was a stone cold genius who was taken way too soon. For me the new Jurassic park movies are missing something, and thats probably Michael crichton himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

santana75 wrote: »
    Its funny because I just started listening to The Jurrasic Park Audiobook today. I read the novel years ago and remember enjoying it and thinking it better than the movie(which is very good). That made me think about Michael Crichton and how at one stage it seemed like every movie was written by the man himself. He created ER aswell and you couldnt walk into a book or even newsagent without falling over the Michael crichton section. His life was really interesting, having studied medicine at Harvard no less, all the while churning out pot boilers every couple of months. Imagine that, in medical school which is full on and at the same time, writing novels that were actually being published........He was a stone cold genius who was taken way too soon. For me the new Jurassic park movies are missing something, and thats probably Michael crichton himself.

I never knew he died !
    I read a few of his books too and never really questioned why there were not more :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Dr Wu is a fantastic character in the Jurassic Park universe. I read that Sam Neill,Laura Dern and Jeff Goldblum are back for the next Jurassic World

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

One thing that annoyed me about Michael Crichton was he pretty much sold out to write The Lost World and then they didn't even adapt it. By that I mean he
    brought Malcolm back to life after having died in the previous book
    I know spoiler tag isn't needed but no harm

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭treascon

garra wrote: »
    Has anyone watched Inhuman Resources with Eric Cantona?

Yes, storyline was nonsensical but Cantona was surprisingly good in it I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Just started the British drama Broadchurch.

Three episodes in and it's very good.

It's on the Swedish library.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Just started the British drama Broadchurch.

Three episodes in and it's very good.

It's on the Swedish library.
    My one tip - just stop after season 1..

Basq wrote: »
    My one tip - just stop after season 1..

Oh is it that bad?

I checked the ratings and they still remain fairly high for the following two seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Oh is it that bad?

I checked the ratings and they still remain fairly high for the following two seasons.
    Tennant and Colman remain excellent, but the plot get thinner and thinner. Season 1 is outstanding though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Basq wrote: »
    Tennant and Colman remain excellent, but the plot get thinner and thinner. Season 1 is outstanding though.
    Yeah, season 1 very good, season 2 a little strained to maintain the momentum. I stopped there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Oh is it that bad?

Season 1 is strong and delivers a surprisingly strong drama when you consider that a number of the secondary cast are otherwise recognisable from daytime soaps.

Season 2 and 3 correct for that with some complete arsegravy in the way of plot. Don't waste your time on them.

Flying through the 1st season at the moment and it's hard to see how the following seasons could take such a dive. Oh well I'll enjoy the rest of this and maybe give the 2nd season an episode or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Friday and backdraft on Irish netfkix.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Fysh wrote: »
    Season 1 is strong and delivers a surprisingly strong drama when you consider that a number of the secondary cast are otherwise recognisable from daytime soaps.

Loads of soap actors are much better actors than people give them credit for. The work load on a soap doesn't allow for much prep or multiple takes. They're just firing out scene after scene. Sarah Lancashire, Suranne Jones, Margot Robbie, Samara Weaving, Chris Hemsworth (maybe) all started on soaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Flying through the 1st season at the moment and it's hard to see how the following seasons could take such a dive. Oh well I'll enjoy the rest of this and maybe give the 2nd season an episode or two.

Difference in quality of seasons 1 and 2 is night and day. Season 2 is absolutely awful.

Difference in quality of seasons 1 and 2 is night and day. Season 2 is absolutely awful.
    Is season 2 the one that focuses on the legal case? Yes very poor.
    Season 3 is decent though imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭BSK

Did anyone watch Last Days of American Crime yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭roady rhodes

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Friday and backdraft on Irish netfkix.
    Friday is legendary :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Just finished Schitts Creek, anything else light-hearted to become addicted to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Just finished Schitts Creek, anything else light-hearted to become addicted to?

Kim's Convenience

Advertisement