Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Big mac and fries

For me, I am getting season 2-3 of Ozark, but season 1 is gone

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Finished rewatch of dark season 1. This time with subtitles
    Excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

km79 wrote: »
    Finished rewatch of dark season 1. This time with subtitles
    Excellent

Might start rewatching it too. The identity of Charlotte's mother on first watch completely went over my head until a friend enlightened me. So who knows what else I overlooked!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

The mighty boosh is thd latest show to be taken off Netflix over a black face character

https://consequenceofsound.net/2020/06/netflix-the-mighty-boosh-blackface/

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

peteeeed wrote: »
    The mighty boosh is thd latest show to be taken off Netflix over a black face character

https://consequenceofsound.net/2020/06/netflix-the-mighty-boosh-blackface/

I was thinking about the the other day. Papa Lazarou from League of Gentlemen is another questionable one.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,159 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I was thinking about the the other day. Papa Lazarou from League of Gentlemen is another questionable one.

That's been taken down too.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    That's been taken down too.

I get why they're doing it but it's not really what anyone's calling for and if anything it's going to result in a lot of backlash towards the people actually trying to achieve real and lasting change. But that's a discussion for another thread, I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Gavin and Stacey also pulled because two of the characters have nicknames of Chinese Alan and Black Sean

Da 5 Bloods
    Spike Lee’s new joint tells the story of four African American vets who return to Vietnam. Searching for the remains of their fallen squad leader and the promise of buried treasure, they battle forces of man and nature – while confronted by the lasting ravages of the immorality of the Vietnam War. Chadwick Boseman leads a cast that includes Delroy Lindo and Clarke Peters

F is for Family: Season 4
    Bill Burr’s comedy, co-created with Michael Price, takes us back to the 1970s for a slice of politically incorrect dysfunctional family comedy – with Jonathan Banks joining the show as Big Bill Murphy.

The Woods: Season 1
    The six-part mystery series, based on Harlan Coben’s novel, follows a Warsaw prosecutor, Paweł Kopiński, who is still grieving the loss of his sister from 25 years ago – the night she walked into the woods at a summer camp and was never seen again. But now, the discovery of a homicide victim – a boy who vanished along with Paweł’s sister – reveals evidence that links him to her disappearance. What really happened?

Don't Crack Under Pressure 1,2 & 3
    There are risks. Then there are risk-takers. In an around-the-world trip, follow athletes perform jaw-dropping acts in unpredictable elements of nature.

Frank Elstner: Just One Last Question
    In his farewell show, legendary German host Frank Elstner digs deep and savors his discussions with stars such as Daniel Brühl and Lena Meyer-Landrut.

Jo Koy: In His Elements
    Jo Koy brings the laughs and beats to Manila, spotlighting local culture in a one-of-a-kind show featuring Filipino American comedians, DJs and B-boys.

Magnetic
    Attracted to thrills across the globe, intrepid athletes venture to remote locations in pursuit of their extreme form of bliss.

The Search
    When a girl vanishes from a suburb near Mexico City, the personal goals of some involved in the case muddy the search. Based on a true story.

Addicted to Life
    Chasing extreme challenges, athletic daredevils test their limits in various environments from giant waves to snowy slopes around the world

Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts season 2
    Making her way in a world of mutant animals, a sheltered yet scrappy girl learns to survive -- and discovers her powers -- with help from a ragtag crew

added

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,159 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Da 5 Bloods
    Spike Lee’s new joint tells the story of four African American vets who return to Vietnam. Searching for the remains of their fallen squad leader and the promise of buried treasure, they battle forces of man and nature – while confronted by the lasting ravages of the immorality of the Vietnam War. Chadwick Boseman leads a cast that includes Delroy Lindo and Clarke Peters

Been looking forward to this, seems to be getting pretty positive reviews.

• Advertisement

Been looking forward to this, seems to be getting pretty positive reviews.
    yep
    https://www.metacritic.com/movie/da-5-bloods?ref=hp

Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts season 2
    Making her way in a world of mutant animals, a sheltered yet scrappy girl learns to survive -- and discovers her powers -- with help from a ragtag crew

I enjoyed S1 of this. I don't think it's quite as good as SheRa but it's a lot of fun, and the soundtrack is amazing. DreamWorks are putting out some great animated series.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Hereditary lands on Monday. Meant to be very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

twirlagig wrote: »
    Anyone watching ‘Rita’?
    Its in Danish but subtitled. It’s a bit of a slow burner but I quite like it

Love Rita, I got rediculously invested in her life :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Yeah a lot better than Midsommer IMO

final trailer for DARK

• Registered Users Posts: 5,808 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Saw it in the cinema...it’s worth a watch for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

final trailer for DARK

Haven’t seen one episode of this but I watched that trailer and it definitely looks like one I should check out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Glebee

Recently watch Parasite (not on Netflix) and its got me hankering for some good Asian fims. Anyone recommend any other Korean / Asian stuff on Netflix. Watched Pandora but it was only ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Glebee wrote: »
    Recently watch Parasite (not on Netflix) and its got me hankering for some good Asian fims. Anyone recommend any other Korean / Asian stuff on Netflix. Watched Pandora but it was only ok.

The film Snowpiercer is really good. Not necessarily Asian/South Korean but from the same director.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,808 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Glebee wrote: »

Old boy is a classic

The Netflix movie Okja is actually the same writer director as Parasite.

The Host is another one of their films worth tracking down.

Other than that the Vengeance Trilogy, The Good the Bad and the Weird, A Better Tomorrow, I Saw the Devil, Train To Busan, The Handmaiden are all worth a watch. Not sure how many, if any, are on Netflix though.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭iniall

The film Snowpiercer is really good. Not necessarily Asian/South Korean but from the same director.

Not on Netflix anymore, though (not for me anyway).

The Netflix movie Okja is actually the same writer director as Parasite.

The Host is another one of their films worth tracking down.

Other than that the Vengeance Trilogy, The Good the Bad and the Weird, A Better Tomorrow, I Saw the Devil, Train To Busan, The Handmaiden are all worth a watch. Not sure how many, if any, are on Netflix though.

The Host is on Mubi at the moment, they've opened their library so a free trial would give access to that.
    The Handmaiden is on TV one of these nights. Channel 4, I think, but can't remember when.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,129 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Very poor Korean cinema showing on Netflix at the moment to be frank. Even The Wailing seems to have been removed. Lots of recommendations I could give, but nothing on Netflix :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Very poor Korean cinema showing on Netflix at the moment to be frank. Even The Wailing seems to have been removed. Lots of recommendations I could give, but nothing on Netflix :(

The Wailing was the one I was trying to think of!!! I really enjoyed that but like you said sadly it's gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Glebee

Would appreciate if you could drop me a PM, can watch them on other devices.

kingdom (series but great )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

final trailer for DARK

Ok I definitely need a rewatch of S1 and S2 before watching this. I spent half of S2 going "Now who is he again? And what timeline have I seen her in again?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

The way people talk about Darks return makes me think that the first two seasons are beyond convoluted.

I know it's got a good reputation but there always seems to be this caveat that nobody has a clue what's going on. Not sure I get much enjoyment out of shows like that these days.

Advertisement