Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Just finished Schitts Creek, anything else light-hearted to become addicted to?

Have you watched Community? If not, I'd recommend that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭garra

BSK wrote: »
    Did anyone watch Last Days of American Crime yet?

Yes I watched most of it, only for Covid boredom I would have stopped at 5 mins. Netflix drew me in the with the storyline description.. a dystopian thriller with cyber espionage and a heist thrown in with lashings of red red krovvy flowing and snappy dialogue. The sound production was woeful and it was generally just a load of sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Finally finished all of Fauda. While I struggled to get into it at the start I did end up enjoying it and liked season 2 the best. I was annoyed with the sheer ineptitude of the Palastenian commandos in season 3 but that's how it always finishes on cliffhangers I suppose. The series very much reminded me of watching 24.

I have moved onto Broken. A BBC drama with Sean Bean as a Catholic priest consoling his troubled parishioners. Adrian Dunbar and Anna Frial are in it too so great cast so far. Just two episodes in at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,321 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

I have moved onto Broken. A BBC drama with Sean Bean as a Catholic priest consoling his troubled parishioners. Adrian Dunbar and Anna Frial are in it too so great cast so far. Just two episodes in at the moment.

It’s so dark but brilliant at the same time. Enjoy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

UglyDolls
    Moxy and her colorful friends leave Uglyville on a quest to find a kid to love. But on the way, they must confront what it means to be different

365 Days
    A fiery executive in a spiritless relationship falls victim to a dominant mafia boss, who imprisons her and gives her one year to fall in love with him

Horrid Henry's Wild Weekend
    With his parents on a getaway, Horrid Henry is chosen for the Brainbox of the Year contest and faces off against his nemesis alongside a quirky team.

added

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭Ruby Ring

Buttros wrote: »
    Borgen coming June 15th.

Looking forward to that. Dont think I ever watched season three previously. Will start from the start

It’s a gem of a series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

And a new season coming next year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Alex86Eire

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Just finished Schitts Creek, anything else light-hearted to become addicted to?

New Girl and Its always Sunny are both lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Friday and backdraft on Irish netfkix.

Friday is brilliant, had it on vhs years ago and just constantly rewatched it as a young lad.

Heard believe its 25 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,726 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I have Friday and Menace to Society in my to watch list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Queen of the south is absolutely brilliant. There’s 4 seasons on Netflix so it’s great for binge watching.

ps James is gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

fin12 wrote: »
    Queen of the south is absolutely brilliant. There’s 4 seasons on Netflix so it’s great for binge watching.

ps James is gorgeous.

I thought the 1st season was ok, but gave up half way through the 2nd. Am a big fan of Narcos, El Chapo and all things Mexican gangsters but just found this QOTS a bit too lightweight and fluffy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

nothing to see here, I definitely didn't post in the wrong thread!

B: 110
    S: 60, 55, 50

Still forecasting a small spike max of 220 later in the week

movie or series?

The Disaster Artist
    Aspiring actor Greg moves to Los Angeles with his strange friend Tommy, then agrees to star in his movie. Things start weird and get a lot weirder.

VFW
    A group of war veterans rallies to defend a teenage girl with a bag of stolen drugs from an enraged dealer and a gang of hopped-up punks

added

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

peteeeed wrote: »
    movie or series?

OMG! How did I do that. Totally posted in the wrong thread! :o

OMG! How did I do that. Totally posted in the wrong thread! :o

id like to say i know how many times ive posted the netflix new releases in the chelsea football thread

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,145 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

VFW
    A group of war veterans rallies to defend a teenage girl with a bag of stolen drugs from an enraged dealer and a gang of hopped-up punks

Stumbled across a trailer for this a while ago and thought it looked like it might be ok in an ultra violent 80s b-movie sort of way.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

I didn't realise a thread got closed after 10,000 posts. I was wondering why I hadn't gotten any notifications in a while!

Anyway, just finished watching " Trump: American Dream" last night. it's been on Netflix for a while but only got around to watching it over the weekend. The 4 part series gives a revealing insight into the mind of the man, I'm surprised he hasn't had it pulled by now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Watched Friday the other night. hadn't seen it in 20 years. was good fun tbh. some great moments.

watched operation odessa after someone recommended it to me. crazy gangster documentary about some dudes buying a russian military submarine for a colombian cartel. great fun. well worth a watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Stumbled across a trailer for this a while ago and thought it looked like it might be ok in an ultra violent 80s b-movie sort of way.

Seems like Assault on Precinct 13.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I have Friday and Menace to Society in my to watch list.

Was Menace to society only added?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Was Menace to society only added?

Must have been. Only watched it Saturday. Never realised O-Dog was councilman Tate out of Power.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Seems like a lot of stuff disappeared from my watch list today, must have been a few things removed. Was near the end of life on mars but it seems to be gone, it was only added fairly recently too I think?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

qwabercd wrote: »
    Seems like a lot of stuff disappeared from my watch list today, must have been a few things removed. Was near the end of life on mars but it seems to be gone, it was only added fairly recently too I think?

Life on Mars is still there for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Life on Mars is still there for me.

Weird, must be an issue with the app on my phone. Was watching it on the tv earlier with no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭tigger123

Finished Ozark season 3 last night - my God, what an ending!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Anthony bourdains parts unknown is now on irish netflix.

Black Butterfly
    As a dangerous drifter holds him hostage in his own cabin, a struggling screenwriter finds himself locked in a battle of both wits and survival.

Curon season 1 (italian)
    After 17 years, a woman returns home with her teenage twins. When she mysteriously vanishes, her children must reckon with a shadowy family legacy.

Lenox Hill season 1
    New York's storied Lenox Hill Hospital balance their personal lives and their dedication to their patients in this documentary series.

My Mister season 1 (Korean)
    In a world that is less than kind, a young woman and a middle-aged man develop a sense of kinship as they find warmth and comfort in one another

Reality Z (Brazilian)
    With Rio de Janeiro under a zombie attack, reality show contestants shelter in a TV studio, where they must deal with more than flesh-eating hordes

added

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Black Butterfly
    As a dangerous drifter holds him hostage in his own cabin, a struggling screenwriter finds himself locked in a battle of both wits and survival.

Curon season 1 (italian)
    After 17 years, a woman returns home with her teenage twins. When she mysteriously vanishes, her children must reckon with a shadowy family legacy.

Lenox Hill season 1
    New York's storied Lenox Hill Hospital balance their personal lives and their dedication to their patients in this documentary series.

My Mister season 1 (Korean)
    In a world that is less than kind, a young woman and a middle-aged man develop a sense of kinship as they find warmth and comfort in one another

Reality Z (Brazilian)
    With Rio de Janeiro under a zombie attack, reality show contestants shelter in a TV studio, where they must deal with more than flesh-eating hordes

added
    Reality Z sounds like Dead Set by Charlie Brooker. Google tells me this is because it is an adaptation of Dead Set. It gets under 5 on IMDB, which is bad. Dead Set is good, and is more relatable because we're more familiar with British reality TV.

Advertisement