Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Comments

Onshuh wrote: »
    Counting down the minyuts.

Minyuts :D

In bed. In classical ambivert fashion I have reached my interaction fill so will be under the covers with my book, until morning when I have to do it all again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,953 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Pot of veg soup simmering away on the cooker , smells great , and it's a lovely evening , before the rain arrives again of course !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Evening all :) Had a lovely day down in the beautiful Wexford, Sun shone all day and went to visit Hook head and Loftus Hall, can’t believe Loftus hall is gone into such disrepair :( I remember it being this beautiful big building and now it looks very rundown.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Autosport wrote: »
    Loftus Hall, can’t believe Loftus hall is gone into such disrepair :( I remember it being this beautiful big building and now it looks very rundown.

Is it? that's sad to hear, would love to go there on halloween .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Evening all :) Had a lovely day down in the beautiful Wexford, Sun shone all day and went to visit Hook head and Loftus Hall, can’t believe Loftus hall is gone into such disrepair :( I remember it being this beautiful big building and now it looks very rundown.
    Did you meet any ghosties?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,285 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I'd be too chicken to go into Loftus Hall :D
    I sped past it in fear the day I visited Hook.
    It was a nice summer day but was blowing a mini gale at the lighthouse.

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Is that the place where they were playing cards with the Devil?

It's for sale. 2.5million. Buy it sure. Fix it up. ;)

I'd be too chicken to go into Loftus Hall :D
    I sped past it in fear the day I visited Hook.
    It was a nice summer day but was blowing a mini gale at the lighthouse.

I'm the same. Hate even driving by. Years ago when it was lying empty, my brothers and their friends climbed over the wall and camped out on the grounds. Didn't sleep a wink I'd say!

• Advertisement

I didn’t go on the tour today but have done a Halloween tour a few years ago and it was brilliant. I’m normally a jumpy person but i wasn’t afraid at all inside :) Hmmm for sale you say, may go and visit a few banks :D

Couchside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Thought that was the Hellfire Club..... But ya know the devil gets around :D

Yes that’s the place :)

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Oh well,it appears I'm experiencing Cluster FUKC Headache. For anyone who doesnt know what that is, its when you expeience one migraine attack after another which means you can simultaneously experience different stages of different migraines with pain being a constant. They last on average 4 days up to two weeks. As this is day three I'm hoping to get lucky. Strangely, I've experienced no visual aura and no disturbance to my vision. Small mercies :(

Have you ever tried "bio energy"... Yeah I know 😅 but my friend got into it and she needed a guinea pig, my migraines did clear up....however I did get pregnant during that time and they say pregnancy can settle migraines, increase in hormones or whatever.

Might be worth looking into.

Yes that’s the place :)

I have always wanted to see it since one of my friends told me that story.I still hope to but sad to know it is in such disrepair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Autosport wrote:
    Evening all Had a lovely day down in the beautiful Wexford, Sun shone all day and went to visit Hook head and Loftus Hall, can’t believe Loftus hall is gone into such disrepair I remember it being this beautiful big building and now it looks very rundown.

You wait until I am gone before heading to Wexford ....

hmmm, if I were a cynical man.

• Advertisement

Very true though, it is in bad nick.

It is not the same house that the devil appeared in though. Built after that date

Thought that was the Hellfire Club..... But ya know the devil gets around :D

What is the Hellfire club? Before I have to Google it.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Very true though, it is in bad nick.

It is not the same house that the devil appeared in though. Built after that date

You could have posted that after I visited it!lol. Is there any of the original building left?

We visited Pollnagollum cave awhile back.And it is just beautiful.We didn't go too far in but hope to at a later date.For the LOTRO fans it is also called Gollum's cave.

You could have posted that after I visited it!lol. Is there any of the original building left?

I don't think so. I think a fire destroyed the original building.

Only a blow-in to wexford, but what I gather without a google.

• Advertisement

We visited Pollnagollum cave awhile back.And it is just beautiful.We didn't go too far in but hope to at a later date.For the LOTRO fans it is also called Gollum's cave.

Childish giggle - you were in Gollums cave.

I don't think so. I think a fire destroyed the original building.

Only a blow-in to wexford, but what I gather without a google.

That is sad to know,I love seeing old places still standing.You have such a great and wonderful history here.

What is the Hellfire club? Before I have to Google it.

So I had to Google it, even though I have been there!

It's an old free Mason's hunting lodge in the dublin mountains (Mount pelier Hill)

It's pretty ruined at this stage, but the view over Dublin Bay is beautiful.

There's the usual haunted stories about it.

Childish giggle - you were in Gollums cave.

It is just a hole in the ground overgrown.But the water inside is just amazing.We only went in about 10 metres before it dropped off sharply.But have plans to explore it more.At the moment the storms make it impossible.

So I had to Google it, even though I have been there!

It's an old free Mason's hunting lodge in the dublin mountains (Mount pelier Hill)

It's pretty ruined at this stage, but the view over Dublin Bay is beautiful.

There's the usual haunted stories about it.

I will add that to my exploring list!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I fell asleep in the evening again! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,535 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'm soon to be showerside and am contemplating an early night, it's been a long week and it's still only Wednesday.

Only catching up here now,long day in work the grocery shopping for the folks and of course they decided they'd have dinner here, they have unbelievable appetites and ate more than I'd eat in a week.

I had a fierce itchy palm last night so did the lotto for tonight after work ( I haven't do the Irish lotto in years), the fella serving me printed a euromillions by mistake so I took both even though he didn't mention the mistake, I'm convinced now that I'm going to win as I also saw a shooting star last night and a star that seemed to burn very bright and the disappear. I'm not superstitious or mad but I'm grasping at straws here lads, please let me win lotto gods,I need about 6 months sleep and I'll donate to good causes...maybe lol.

Hope all the holiday makers are enjoying our gorgeous county, try not to be too depressed when ye have to return home.😂

Good luck Duvet. I hope you win!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Couchside, having some late night pancakes :D

Anyone know if tesco customer services are good to get back to people?

Tesco got back to me just now :D

Now bedside

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,535 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Good luck Duvet. I hope you win!

Sorry to Duvet and you now, but I've decided I'm winning it.

So there! :cool:

It’s Happy International Dog Day :) Now couchside watching Classic who wants to be a millionaire :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with a pint of ale

It’s Happy International Dog Day :)

Cats everywhere

tenor.gif

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

Onshuh in the leaba.

Watched a couple of documentaries about Japan this evening. God I'd love to go there. Definitely going on the bucket list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Are you returning studying or finished now?
    Fair play to you, you sound like a grafter.

Only seeing this now, my apologies! I’m going on to do my masters in September :)

I’m currently couchside, pondering what a staff meeting in the morning with the CEO of the group who owns our hotel will hold

Onshuh in the leaba.

Watched a couple of documentaries about Japan this evening. God I'd love to go there. Definitely going on the bucket list.

Please can I go with you?

Onshuh in the leaba.

tenor.gif

Morning all :) Raining heavily here, ah well a day to pamper myself so :D

Happy Thursday!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Onshuh in the leaba.

I did a few months in Japan for work a few years ago. Its a mad place. But so interesting. Well worth the visit.
    I never got outside Tokyo though.

I am workside now.

• Advertisement

I must have got out of bed on the wrong side this morning.......
    Work, everyone annoying me!

bubblypop wrote: »

Sounds like a normal day to me bubbly.

Heading to work shortly, meeting my friend for a meal afterwards , trying to focus on the meal in order to get through the day. Have a good one lads, weekend is just around the corner.

Deskside with the sweet stuff

Just took a notion and booked Monday off there. Yes yes yes! The milky bars are on me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

Not sure what to do with myself today. Wasn't feeling the best yesterday and today I just can't be arsed moving.

Though I did make a pretty sexy rasher butty after all of the rasher talk on here :p

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭3d4life

Onshuh in the leaba.

tenor.gif
    I did a few months in Japan for work a few years ago. Its a mad place. But so interesting. Well worth the visit.
    I never got outside Tokyo though.

I am workside now.

So long as there is room for me you can all come :)

I love the LWIF channel ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqwxJts-6yF33rupyF_DCsA )

bubblypop wrote: »

Anyone remember the 'I was a morning grouch' ad for Little Chip marmalade ?

Being a ladybird is a lot of hard work

524460.jpg

• Advertisement

Afternoon all. I think I'm finally better. Last evening's visit consisted of lying on the bed with me snoozing and him watching Netflix. I'm sure his cuddles have curative properties. Nearly fainted this morning in the bathroom and had to scurry to my bed and lie on it in my birthday suit with my legs elevated for half an hour. Since then, I've been feeling fine so hopefully that was the last of it. Now all I've got to do is catch up with all the laundry and housework that's built up. But nor before a big, greasy sausage butty with beans on the side. Can you get those in Japan?

I'm in "werk". Was late thanks to poxy traffic but sure there is no one to check up on me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Why is it that OFF days are shorter than WORK days? Flew back to my lovely hotel on day 8, haven’t done too badly this month as I had 17 days at home, but now expecting to be back here for at least 3 weeks.

Great to see Witchie posting again.

Deskside in a bit of a funk today, having a late lunch, toasted ham and cheese toasted in a george formen grill.

Deskside in a bit of a funk today, having a late lunch, toasted ham and cheese toasted in a george formen grill.

Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur.... :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement