Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Well, actually.. doing a quick google search and I doubt they were sporting rings like that, traditionally.

Bing is your friend. Goolagong says hello. (Left hand)

55cd7fa4d2883c4498fd62e1a6f8019d--champs-tennis.jpgd8008c95f38911ff5d37c9ad89719917--australian-open-australian-tennis.jpg

Have seen Paul Mescal actor on Normal People coming under a lot of fire on Twitter due to an anonymous reddit post (filled with factual inaccuracies) stating that he was a homophobe in school.

The twitterati have taken it as gospel and are running with it.

I actually find it so sickening how some people nowadays are so keen to wag the finger and assert their moral superiority and wokeness that they'll happily swallow any story (no matter how unsubstantiated) just to get their licks in.

Cancel culture and trial by social media has entirely done away with the idea of due process or the presumption of innocence until proven otherwise.

It's mob stuff. And it disgusts me.

Homophobes .... for the soul ( sung to the tune of Novacaine by Beck )

It is tough out there. Ask Kevin Hart ........ or Bridgette Bardot.

Is " Queer Power " acceptable yet? I am just curious to know ( oops sorry pun alert).

Let the witch hunt commence.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,557 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Homophobes .... for the soul ( sung to the tune of Novacaine by Beck )

Think you’re confusing the Beck song with the Eels one there, I. But thanks for the “ear worm” either way.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Seemingly using the terminology homophobe is under the queer eye. ( sorry oops again, just grabbing my coat ," Taxi " )

https://lgbtqexperiment.com/2019/01/28/why-homophobia-is-now-seen-as-an-inaccurate-term/

• Advertisement

" Gaycist "

How appalling.

n a 2015 article for Slate, John Sherman lamented that the term “gaycist” or “gaycism” should replace “homophobia.” The term had appeared on the TV show “Happy Endings,” referring to a character who thought his two gay friends should get along simply because they were both gay. To Sherman, the term was more precise than “homophobia”:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

I think Candace is what is commonly referred to in the Music industry as a " crossover hit ".

She is building the bridge between greed, totalitarianism, cross substantiation and transubstantiated millennial wokism.

She is a pioneer. ( of inclusiveness minorly subjugated )

I think these woke people have their own language and it's called word salad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,842 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Have seen Paul Mescal actor on Normal People coming under a lot of fire on Twitter due to an anonymous reddit post (filled with factual inaccuracies) stating that he was a homophobe in school.

I actually find it so sickening how some people nowadays are so keen to wag the finger and assert their moral superiority and wokeness that they'll happily swallow any story (no matter how unsubstantiated) just to get their licks in.

Cancel culture and trial by social media has entirely done away with the idea of due process or the presumption of innocence until proven otherwise.

It's mob stuff. And it disgusts me.

They'd ruin someone's career just for a virtual pat on the back.

nthclare wrote: »
    I think these woke people have their own language and it's called word salad.

Grammatic Hors d'oeurves.

Keep up Banner boy.

How long before derogatory inter county mud slinging becomes a thing, while we have opened the door?

I mean will " Culchie " or " Jackeen " or " Corkwegian" ever face the wrath of the cancel Nazi's?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

To be fair, I don't see many people on Twitter taking it as gospel. Certainly nobody who I follow anyway.

Anyway, hands up anybody who wasn't homopobic at school.

.anon. wrote: »

f08aae848830243f7a70e6fdfe2e33b2a58a5f71.jpg

Grammatic Hors d'oeurves.

Keep up Banner boy.

LOL yes horse :)

Me, but then I was a very confused bisexual throughout secondary school.

The problem is that modern society takes many minor infractions and equates them with the most serious of offenses. There's no scale anymore. Everyone is so sensitive and needs to be protected from the sharp edges of the world.

Yes, it's uncomfortable and hard to hear all the crap that guys say about gay people... but it was a different society back then (30 years ago). Now, homosexuality is far more accepted, and if young boys are a bit insulting about it... so what? I didn't turn out badly because I was exposed to such opinions or insults growing up.

I really wish people would get past this need to protect "everyone" from whatever is uncomfortable. That's life. Some people don't like gay people. Shocker. Forcing them isn't going to do anything but make things worse over time, as resentment is far longer lasting.

Me, but then I was a very confused bisexual throughout secondary school.

The problem is that modern society takes many minor infractions and equates them with the most serious of offenses. There's no scale anymore. Everyone is so sensitive and needs to be protected from the sharp edges of the world.

Yes, it's uncomfortable and hard to hear all the crap that guys say about gay people... but it was a different society back then (30 years ago). Now, homosexuality is far more accepted, and if young boys are a bit insulting about it... so what? I didn't turn out badly because I was exposed to such opinions or insults growing up.

I really wish people would get past this need to protect "everyone" from whatever is uncomfortable. That's life. Some people don't like gay people. Shocker. Forcing them isn't going to do anything but make things worse over time, as resentment is far longer lasting.

Like yourself I'm bi too, but I was never homophobic or laughed at the gay jokes and banter.
    My grandmother died in 1987 her best friend Dinjoe was swinging from the chandaleers, an extremely flamboyant dairy farmer from North Kerry. He used to watch out for her after my grandfather died.
    I told Dinjoe he was like a woman and she got very protective of him, and explained that some men are born that way and it's not their fault.

She was a cool grandmother, an old pagan she had no time for the church used to tell my mum to turn off Jim will fix it, because she said Jimmy Saville was a dirty article.

She was dam right, he was dirty and a big article both metaphorically and on the media.

She called me a right rouge and she's right about that, and I'll always be a rogue...

It's definitely not hip to be square :)

nthclare wrote: »
    Like yourself I'm bi too, but I was never homophobic or laughed at the gay jokes and banter.

Neither did I. However, I did laugh at the retard jokes, the mama jokes, the dead baby jokes, etc. Dark humor is a very strong part of Irish culture, and while it is offensive to some, overall, it depends on the context, and most importantly, the intent.

In hindsight, the gay jokes would probably have dried up had I told my friends that I was bisexual.. or perhaps I would have had less friends. Dunno. In any case, it's all part of growing up, because the world is not a sterile, clean, perfect place. Since then, I've been on the receiving of all manner of jokes/insults, as have most people... it's simply something we should learn to ignore or counter. I learned how to argue... :D I learned to enjoy demolishing people's offensive remarks with logic and it worked wonderfully to show people to be the idiots that they are. I probably wouldn't have learned all that if I hadn't been forced to, due to my circumstances...

I was watching Demolition Man the other day... remember the society that is the backdrop for the movie? Ugh. That's the kind of controlled society these woke people want.. <shudders>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

This is a bird's eye insider view of how cancelling begins on social media, an example of who/what is involved and their motives and the correct way in countering it.
    Companies should *never* kneejerk to 'complaints' on social media. EVER.
    https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/the-spectator-the-co-op-and-cancel-culture-a-cautionary-tale

" Troll Farms "

I love it.

" Troll Farms "

I love it.

I know a guy who calls the woke shower, meat golums.

Basically like golum out of the hobbit story.
    I'm fairness he's not far wrong.
    A lot of these woke lads are white knights, creepy incel types.

They'd ask you about someone, and they would usually say, do you know so and so and what's their story.

What they're really saying is, I came across a person called Jack or Jackie and you might know them.
    They're in your neck of the woods, PLEASE TELL ME THEIR VULNERABILITIES...

Sick people these woke types...

I think it is very important that the woke receive the dystopia they crave, I for one have vowed to upset the malign of the eternally woke, I am proud of that.

For, speak your mind and you may be cancelled. Say nothing and you'll live -- at least a while. And lying cancelled in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell the woke that they may take our freedom of speech, but they'll never take our freedom?

• Advertisement

I think it is very important that the woke receive the dystopia they crave, I for one have vowed to upset the malign of the eternally woke, I am proud of that.

For, speak your mind and you may be cancelled. Say nothing and you'll live -- at least a while. And lying cancelled in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell the woke that they may take our freedom of speech, but they'll never take our freedom?

Well said lad, you tell them... I see you're a racist now fahder :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

Go on, say 'woke' again. You're not saying it enough.

Your tone is over cynicising my frontal receptors, I feel compromised.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Wokey, Wokey, Wokey ! !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

I'm working on a theory that Wokies are actually aliens pretending to be humans.

Clearly, they are not getting things quite right.

Biker79 wrote: »
    I'm working on a theory that Wokies are actually aliens pretending to be humans.

Wheres I feel they were originally agents of Russia, China, etc who had an interest in destabilising the societies of western nations through the encouragement of identity politics, reverse discrimination, intolerance, lobby groups, minority rights issues, etc. (but now it's gained enough momentum, that it's continuing without their involvement) Notice how most of this stuff doesn't happen outside of western nations or those closely aligned with them?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,158 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Wokies are much too tall and furry to pass as human surely.

Wheres I feel they were originally agents of Russia, China, etc who had an interest in destabilising the societies of western nations through the encouragement of identity politics, reverse discrimination, intolerance, lobby groups, minority rights issues, etc. (but now it's gained enough momentum, that it's continuing without their involvement) Notice how most of this stuff doesn't happen outside of western nations or those closely aligned with them?

I think your idea is more correct.

Have you seen this interview from a Soviet defector? If what he says is untrue, its one hell of a co-incidence.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Wokies are much too tall and furry to pass as human surely.

They have an uncanny valley thing going on.

• Advertisement

I think your idea is more correct.

Have you seen this interview from a Soviet defector? If what he says is untrue, its one hell of a co-incidence.

Yeah, I saw the intro for the new Call of Duty, and the subsequent surge in interest for this guy. :D

Still, I've had this opinion long before I saw his interviews.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement