Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I opened the Prime app on my android phone and the cast button is there.
    I just casted a trailer clip to the tv, working fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

Oh this would be great!
    BTW final New Girl season is there now in case anyone apart from me interested. It wasn't last time I checked.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

frogstar wrote: »
    Amy tried chromecast yet? I don't see the usual icon that allows you to cast?
    I watched a full show, so yes it works (I did have to restart my phone though).

From what I've read, they'll very shortly integrate into Google Home too so if you've got a Google Home kit you'll be able to watch via voice commands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

I opened the Prime app on my android phone and the cast button is there.
    I just casted a trailer clip to the tv, working fine.

Thanks. Wouldn't work on my app but it wasn't updated. Just updated app and is working. Happy days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭steve_r

Option wasn't available for me on PC yesterday but will try the app later.

Delighted they've done this - felt it was so counter productive to block casting in the first place both from a chromecast and amazon perspective.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Is Poldark on Irish Amazon? Series 4 specifically?

It seems to be available to buy anyway. I don't have Prime membership.

It seems to be available to buy anyway. I don't have Prime membership.

I meant on the streaming service, but I checked and it doesn't appear to be. Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Netflix have the first three, I'd imagine 4 will drop there first before Amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

Hi folks, I signed up for the 12 month Prime Deal that going. Logged into Prime TV via app on my TV. I can access Lego Batman, Fleabag Season 1 and final season of Person of Interest, does that mean I'm on the UK version. I haven't been on to chat to change region or anything yet as not sure what region I'm in but from reading a coupe of pages back it seem the above are UK content?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,637 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

skerry wrote: »
    Hi folks, I signed up for the 12 month Prime Deal that going. Logged into Prime TV via app on my TV. I can access Lego Batman, Fleabag Season 1 and final season of Person of Interest, does that mean I'm on the UK version. I haven't been on to chat to change region or anything yet as not sure what region I'm in but from reading a coupe of pages back it seem the above are UK content?

yes

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

OmegaGene wrote: »
    yes

Super, from reading other thread I thought I'd have to contact support to change region. I did use Revolut and UK billing address to sign up to prime so maybe it just defaulted to UK

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Netflix have the first three, I'd imagine 4 will drop there first before Amazon.

I read somewhere that it was on Amazon but maybe it meant the US. My mum's wanting to catch up before the last series starts tomorrow night but she'll just have to wait, it seems.

I meant on the streaming service, but I checked and it doesn't appear to be. Thanks anyway.

I checked on the prime app, not the amazon site. It would seem to be available to buy to stream, but not 100%. That is what I meant.

When you click to buy it, it says you need uk bank card (revolut will do) and a uk address (addrsspal will do).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,155 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Just watched "The Upside". Best movie I've seen on Prime to date. I highly recommend it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Post 666

Hail Satan!

Amazon prime rocks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

the boys added today , looks great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,408 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Random one - I have been using prime video via chromecast, the picture quality seems to be of a higher quality than when using the app is PS4. One thing though, if the tablet I am casting from has the screen locked, it won't go onto next episode of series until I unlock screen. I don't need to interact with the prime app or anything, just unlock it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,306 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

peteeeed wrote: »
    the boys added today , looks great
    I have watched episode 1.....it is really excellent!

Oh bar Karl Urbans accent.....no idea where he is meant to be from

gmisk wrote: »
    I have watched episode 1.....it is really excellent!

can't wait to bomb threw it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

The Boys will be my weekend viewing, and also my first venture into Amazon Prime streaming!

The Boys will be my weekend viewing, and also my first venture into Amazon Prime streaming!
    There is some decent stuff on there! Not at netflix level but a few gems

Mr E wrote: »
    Just reposting this from earlier this year. Keep trying if someone refuses (just keep track of who you've been talking to so you don't ask the same person twice)

just reading this now , do you have a prime subscription or a prime video Irish subscription ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

After about 5 attempts they finally updated me the English content, happy days!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

I really enjoyed it .

rebeve wrote: »
    I really enjoyed it .
    Its kinda bonkers....really good fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

After about 5 attempts they finally updated me the English content, happy days!

I have been shot down at least 6 times , very annoying .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Seinfeld gone??? Was watching some last night but now they are all marked as unavailable...ffs.
    Definitely time to cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Decided to try again this evening to switch prime region to UK. After transferring me to a 3rd person, he told me I was changed.... but when I go to prime video on my phone, I can't find Fleabag season 1 or person of interest

Do I need to do something else, think I was told a lie to get rid of me :(

Marje wrote: »
    Decided to try again this evening to switch prime region to UK. After transferring me to a 3rd person, he told me I was changed.... but when I go to prime video on my phone, I can't find Fleabag season 1 or person of interest

Do I need to do something else, think I was told a lie to get rid of me :(

Try sign out and back in.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Is there a continue playing tab like Netflix?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

They are gone alright. Looks likea lotof stuff may have disappeared last night at midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Ludo wrote: »
    They are gone alright. Looks likea lotof stuff may have disappeared last night at midnight.

I signed out and clear cache and data.

On my phone I can chromecast Turn Washington Spies but when I check on my laptop, it tells me the title isn't available in your location - I haven't a clue what region I am on now. :D

When I search for Fleabag season 1 on my laptop, it tells me it's included with my prime membership but when I go to watch it tells me it isn't available

Looks like I will have to get back onto them tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Ludo wrote: »
    Seinfeld gone??? Was watching some last night but now they are all marked as unavailable...ffs.
    Definitely time to cancel.

Looks like it. I though something might happen as many episodes were listed as unavailable and now all are unavailable :(

Ludo wrote:
    Seinfeld gone??? Was watching some last night but now they are all marked as unavailable...ffs. Definitely time to cancel.

Was it just a glitch? I'm on Amazon UK and it's working fine now

Does Justified get any better?

I'm 3 episodes in and while it's grand it's not really grabbing me so far.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yes, it gets better. Very much so.

i just went into a chat session with amazon and within 30 secs i know have prime uk , just tested fleabag season 1 , working fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭steve_r

I got asked for a UK card with a UK billing address last time out :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Homelander

Same, heard rave reviews of it, and I do like Timothy Olyphant, but I watched a couple of episodes and it just seemed really soap-ish to me...maybe I need to give it more time?

Prime definitely worth it right now for Man in High Castle, Deustchland 83/86, The Boys, Jack Ryan at least...plus all the other stuff. Does Prime have The Expanse? Also an amazing show, like Battlestar Galactica 2004 for the current day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

I've got on to the UK prime after a phone call to them and I've loads of content. All I have is a prime membership and get the included with prime stuff.

My question is how much better is the paid version? It's hard to find info online.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mcgucc22

iamtony wrote:
    I've got on to the UK prime after a phone call to them and I've loads of content. All I have is a prime membership and get the included with prime stuff.

iamtony wrote:
    My question is how much better is the paid version? It's hard to find info online.

You are getting access to the 'paid version' through your Prime Subscription. There isn't any difference in the content you'd be seeing if you were paying for Amazon Prime Video as a stand alone subscription.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

mcgucc22 wrote: »
    You are getting access to the 'paid version' through your Prime Subscription. There isn't any difference in the content you'd be seeing if you were paying for Amazon Prime Video as a stand alone subscription.
    Oh really. I was wondering why I couldn't find anything else on it that wasn't to rent or buy. That's great thanks, I didn't know that. God bless Amazon with that and prime music and free books and magazines etc. It's a brilliant service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

steve_r wrote: »
    I got asked for a UK card with a UK billing address last time out :mad:

Virtual Revolut. Billing address as Parcel Motel

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Homelander wrote: »
    Same, heard rave reviews of it, and I do like Timothy Olyphant, but I watched a couple of episodes and it just seemed really soap-ish to me...maybe I need to give it more time?
    I felt the same and wondered what the big deal was. It does get better for me though it's the second season where the quality takes a huge jump and it's great from there on. It's just a little bit of a rocky start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,886 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Futurama added to Prime.

I just added a Revolut card & can now rent & buy movies and programs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Futurama added to Prime.

How much of it? The Fox seasons, or does it include the Comedy Central ones?

Love that show so much, well up for a rewatch (see if those latter seasons are better on second viewing)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

pixelburp wrote: »
    How much of it? The Fox seasons, or does it include the Comedy Central ones?

Love that show so much, well up for a rewatch (see if those latter seasons are better on second viewing)

All 10 seasons except for S6 is showing up for me as available under Prime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Occono

Futurama added to Prime.

Not the Irish primevideo.com service

• Advertisement
Advertisement