Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grapevine (OFF TOPIC CHAT)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I drive a micra too, it's blue! About as much as I know about cars or car to know.
    Whata painful car to drive when getting used to it, it's the only car I cut out in(I'm learning to drive)

Yeah, the micra requires a lot of rev to take the bite. I've never driven anything else other than my parents car. They drive a 08 Skoda which for me seemed super sensitive so the car made a HUGE roar and jumped forward when I attempted to start off haha my dad was freaking out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭jape

I'm in the micra, it's even one of the older version ones haha. Stinger for my friends who are squashed in the back :p Nah we've limited people to one gym bag sized bag and a rucksack to keep the luggage load down. I obviously can't go as fast as bigger cars but feck it sure, we'll still have the craic. It's only about €35 to fill my car and that should sort me for Dublin -> Donegal no probs. It's only a one litre engine :P

Ah yeah but the lower litre engine cars max out at lower revs too , so at 100km/h you're probably hittin 3,500 - 4,000 revs = more petrol used. My car would cruise at that speed, maybe 3,000 max. Could easily get to Donegal with 15 litres , less than €20 petrol.

The Skoda u drove had a completely different gearing system and more sensitive accel because it's newer, but driving at higher speeds it would definitely be more comfortable. AAAAaaaaaaanyway this is a vegetarian forum lol, what did everyone have for dinner tonight :pac:

jape wrote: »
    Ah yeah but the lower litre engine cars max out at lower revs too , so at 100km/h you're probably hittin 3,500 - 4,000 revs = more petrol used. My car would cruise at that speed, maybe 3,000 max. Could easily get to Donegal with 15 litres , less than €20 petrol.

that's over my head :P
    The Skoda u drove had a completely different gearing system and more sensitive accel because it's newer, but driving at higher speeds it would definitely be more comfortable. AAAAaaaaaaanyway this is a vegetarian forum lol, what did everyone have for dinner tonight :pac:

baked potato and mangetout. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah, the micra requires a lot of rev to take the bite. I've never driven anything else other than my parents car. They drive a 08 Skoda which for me seemed super sensitive so the car made a HUGE roar and jumped forward when I attempted to start off haha my dad was freaking out.

Ye, for my driving instructors car and my parents diesel car it required verry little gas for the bite but the micra requires more. SO I either give to little or wayyyyy too much.

As for dinner I fried an onion that was about twice the size of a tennis ball, veggie mince and veggie stir fry strip things and ate them all with quinoa. yum yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

Oh this is an all girl thing, no men allowed :P We were thinking of renting a double decker but none of us have the appropriate license, drat! :P

sounds like a deadly holiday!! can i cum, i have a fiesta to add to the band of wee cars! :P

ah jape, i can give as good as i get on the motorway with my fiesta and its only 2.5L! :P race ya sometime!

again with the onion Tar!! BLEAH! :P

i had LmcC pie and risotto (all package stuff of course :( )

• Advertisement

maameeo wrote: »
    sounds like a deadly holiday!! can i cum, i have a fiesta to add to the band of wee cars! :P

ah jape, i can give as good as i get on the motorway with my fiesta and its only 2.5L! :P race ya sometime!

i had LmcC pie and risotto (all package stuff of course :( )

Can you be ready by Tuesday? :P

And I totally agree on the onion thing, It would take about a month to get through even a small onion. I like it very very very tiny amounts!

Can you be ready by Tuesday? :P

And I totally agree on the onion thing, It would take about a month to get through even a small onion. I like it very very very tiny amounts!

sure thing! where will i meet ya?! lol
    do u listen to ray d'arcy show? they have girls driving around ireland in a van 'here come the girls' i think they call them, its for irish tourism or something. but the girls are driving around having a ball of a holiday! and theyre gettin tones of **** for free!!! just coz they agreed to go on the radio and give updates on their holiday, so jealous when i here it! lol

No way?! Hahaha, we were thinking of doing something like that. One of the girls coming dad works in RTE so we were gonna bring and camera and wear RTE hats and hope for free stuff! This just adds weight to our story now!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

This thread seems randomly amazing!! So I'm just going to pretend I fit in.

Car talk confuses me. I'm screwed when I learn to drive...

AAAAaaaaaaanyway this is a vegetarian forum lol, what did everyone have for dinner tonight :pac:

Tofu chilli which was divine!! I splashed out on real chillis and they were fab!! But my hands are in agony!

Michellenman, your holiday sounds so cool!!

No way?! Hahaha, we were thinking of doing something like that. One of the girls coming dad works in RTE so we were gonna bring and camera and wear RTE hats and hope for free stuff! This just adds weight to our story now!! :D

you shud soooooo do that!!! people just hand out the freebies when they think ur from tv! lol

Aoifums, u fit in coz ur name is the cooliest :D

my lil one keeps asking me to buy real chillies, shes a bit mad, i wouldnt know what to do with them!

• Advertisement

A 2.5 litre fiesta? now I've heard it all :D

my lil one keeps asking me to buy real chillies, shes a bit mad, i wouldnt know what to do with them!

Buy her some ramiro peppers, they look like really big chillis but aren't hot at all

A 2.5 litre fiesta? now I've heard it all :D

oh wait ur right its 1.25!
    im sick and solpadeined up, leave me alone :P

Aoifums wrote: »
    Tofu chilli which was divine!! I splashed out on real chillis and they were fab!! But my hands are in agony!

ha I had tofu aswell, but no chillis just rice and some peppers and sauce.

Buy her some ramiro peppers, they look like really big chillis but aren't hot at all

lol, shed probly want the hot ones! when she was a toddler and we went to shop, any normal kid would ask for sweeties, shed ask for a whole red pepper. shed eat the whole thing in her buggy, red face and all!
    oooh the looks we got! :D

lol, shed probly want the hot ones! when she was a toddler and we went to shop, any normal kid would ask for sweeties, shed ask for a whole red pepper. shed eat the whole thing in her buggy, red face and all!

Ah thats a good a thing, red peppers are full of Vitamin A and Vitamin C, usually people have trouble gettin their kids to eat enough veg lol

Ah thats a good a thing, red peppers are full of Vitamin A and Vitamin C, usually people have trouble gettin their kids to eat enough veg lol

my girl eats EVERYTHING!
    she changes her mind on likes/dislikes everyday but shes try everything and seriously doesnt stop eating!
    im just worried shell explode really! :eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I got you something for when you cook for me.

896956778_50672964bf.jpg?v=0

I'll supply the red sauce too. hehe
    This thread seems randomly amazing!! So I'm just going to pretend I fit in.

Car talk confuses me. I'm screwed when I learn to drive...
    Come on in, have a seat, here take the customary tofu. :)
    You don't need to know anything about cars to drive, I didn't, they teach you the pedals. Hope to do my test by september now.

It must be where she gets her fiery personality. Next time I'll tell her masterofnothing ate her pepper. :p

It must be where she gets her fiery personality. Next time I'll tell her masterofnothing ate her pepper. :p

hes too innocent, she will bully him!!!

ahhhhh! that picture just showed up!!!!
    damn u! damn u to hell!

and what have i told u about mentioning the red sauce! :mad:

• Advertisement

Aoifums, u fit in coz ur name is the cooliest :D

Yay!! Thank you!

Come on in, have a seat, here take the customary tofu. :)
    You don't need to know anything about cars to drive, I didn't, they teach you the pedals. Hope to do my test by september now.

I couldn't figure out how to get the key in!!! I'm that bad!!

*shudders* eeh... Tofu... :eek:

I couldn't figure out how to get the key in!!! I'm that bad!!

*shudders* eeh... Tofu... :eek:

key goes in the keyhole... did i help??? :P

oi wheres my customary tofu then???

Does anyone else here really hate tofu? Everything about it makes me want to vomit :o

Does anyone else here really hate tofu? Everything about it makes me want to vomit :o

no i love it!!!
    got loads in china, all diff textures, only one i didnt like looked like creme carmel! weird!

its just texture really, no taste so its the sauce that tastes it, theres a chinese take away that does gorgeous tofu dishes in my area, num num! :D

Yeah it's the texture I don't like. It's got corners... freaks me out!

Are you one of those people that looks at something, and decides you don;t like it?
    Without even trying it?

I thought it was crap stuff myself until I figured out it can have so many different textures and tastes like whatever you want!
    There is a nut/tofu fake meat thing that I love to fry up and I love a certain tofu mousse.
    ahhhhh! that picture just showed up!!!!
    damn u! damn u to hell!

and what have i told u about mentioning the red sauce! :mad:
    Muahahahaha!

oi wheres my customary tofu then???
    /looks in tofu bag

I've got bad news....

It only has red sauce in there. :pac:

ah haha! you sound like me, except im weird with other stuff, i understand ya though hun. i like to call it food weirdness! :D

• Advertisement

I generally don't like it. It has this nasty eggy texture and I've always hated the texture of eggs. I crumble and fry it and use it in chilli and spaghetti bolganese (sp?). I've just been using it as a kinda mince replacement.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement