Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Grapevine (OFF TOPIC CHAT)

Options

Comments

Tom65 wrote: »
    I like the idea of this thread, but don't know how to effortlessly involve myself in the conversation that's happening now, so I'm just posting this :D:p

Hello man who lives amoungst the Turnips. :p

How are you?

I feel better now, Thanks Helena.

I've had timid kittens before, and I've found there will be a caring one in the litter. Who will look out for them.
    These ones are too young for that at the minute. Their eyes have just opened.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Tom65 wrote: »
    I like the idea of this thread, but don't know how to effortlessly involve myself in the conversation that's happening now, so I'm just posting this :D:p
    Anybody try Juice on Georges street? mmmmmmmmm

And HI - delighted this thread is here.

Yay people like it! It was Sweet Rasmus' idea.

Is juice the one with the wedges that are made themselves from potatoes? I liked that. That was all we had, i was just in there to use the bathroom. :p

As for kittens, yay! We have a good few and I'm trying to get them sorted by a vet. Just wondering is there a price difference in a 'pet vet' and a farmers animal type vet that usually deals with sheep, cows etc. Stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Moonbaby, have you any pics?

I'm not sure about the wedges, we went in thinking it was a cafe, until we were shown to our very romanticly lit table and handed a full menu. We just got a starter and a side and a drink. I hate doing that in a proper restaurant.

Tar there may be a price difference, prob cheaper to go to a farm vet, but the service might not be as good. Kittens can get preggers as early as 3 or 4 months BTW so be careful if you have a few roaming around. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Tar there may be a price difference, prob cheaper to go to a farm vet, but the service might not be as good. Kittens can get preggers as early as 3 or 4 months BTW so be careful if you have a few roaming around. :)
    Yes well you see, we found that out the hard way. :pac:

As for kittens, yay! We have a good few and I'm trying to get them sorted by a vet. Just wondering is there a price difference in a 'pet vet' and a farmers animal type vet that usually deals with sheep, cows etc. Stuff like that.

Sorted out meaning nuetered?

That is quite expensive...If your on the dole the ISPCA subsidises it. You can get them neutered for 20 quid.
    I use the same vet, unfortunately I don't live in her immediate catchment aera.
    But she has a program there where locals can get their animals neutered for about 30 euro.

• Advertisement

Good info to know!

Not right now.....But I'll work on it.

Need to find the charger for my camera...am on Hols next week. :S

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

So...how many of our other Dubs in here were woken by that

MASSIVEthunderclap around 4am this morning? i literally jumped out of bed it was so loud:pac:

On the bright side, the lightning was pretty sweet to look at, as i love thunderstorms:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

damn the Man part of her name threw me off,

Mission accomplished!
    Gotta change your posts per page to 40 to be a pro!

How?!

MASSIVEthunderclap around 4am this morning? i literally jumped out of bed it was so loud:pac:

On the bright side, the lightning was pretty sweet to look at, as i love thunderstorms:D

I didn't hear that but I put out some washing to dry yesterday. Was gonna take it in before I went out but didn't... it's soaked now :(

And yep! I'm vegetarian.

Bought Tesco brand veggie bean burgers and did them on the BBQ last night. Delicious!!

And MoonnBaby, nice to see you too!:)

Mission accomplished!

How?!
    You go to usercp on the top left --> edit options
    Number of Posts to Show Per Page
    Use this option to set the number of posts to show in a thread before splitting the display into multiple pages.
    Number of Posts to Show Per Page:
    You pick 40!

Oh it's on a second page now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Hello man who lives amoungst the Turnips. :p

How are you?

Hello, I am good. Though I no longer live amongst the turnips. I should probably change that...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

jeeze im musta been out cold, i heard NOTHING!!!
    i was in shock when my mam rang and said everywhere was flooded!!!
    was nightmare getting dart to dun laoghaire this morn! grrr

had a great time with work mate on dart reading the lonely hearts column in the metro, the things people write are gas!!!
    used to read the ones in GCN, they are awesome! :) ...yes i have strange pass times!

Tom65...you are now involved! :P

maameeo wrote: »
    jeeze im musta been out cold, i heard NOTHING!!!
    i was in shock when my mam rang and said everywhere was flooded!!!
    was nightmare getting dart to dun laoghaire this morn! grrr

had a great time with work mate on dart reading the lonely hearts column in the metro, the things people write are gas!!!
    used to read the ones in GCN, they are awesome! :) ...yes i have strange pass times!

Tom65...you are now involved! :P

The dart was flooded on the way to dun laoghaire?

oh do you work there or something, designing er, graphics!

The dart was flooded on the way to dun laoghaire?

oh do you work there or something, designing er, graphics!

smelly booterstown was flooded for a bit but was back running when i got the dart then after dun laoghaire to dalkey was flooded.

yep i work there, doing design n stuff :P nice area to work really.:)

You go to usercp on the top left --> edit options

You pick 40!

Oh it's on a second page now!

ha, i just did this, can i join the cool gang now peas??

smelly booterstown was flooded for a bit but was back running when i got the dart then after dun laoghaire to dalkey was flooded.

yep i work there, doing design n stuff :P nice area to work really.:)
    Ye it's a nice place there, I've been there a lot in the last few years. Few little health food shops and things to get veggie things.
    ha, i just did this, can i join the cool gang now peas??

Only because you use my old random nickname!

Only because you use my old random nickname!

as i said before, its my cute way of saying please, nothing to do with ur random nickname but if it works...score! :P

as i said before, its my cute way of saying please, nothing to do with ur random nickname but if it works...score! :P

Ye I thought that, but whatever, I just ignored it and 'tot' nickname for some reason :p

@Tar.Aldarion: Done. :) Everything looks so much....emptier now :p

Just organised my holiday this year. Me and my friends are all pretty broke so we've decided to drive around Ireland. We're gonna do over 10 days, stopping in Monaghan, Donegal, Mayo, Clare, Tipperary, Wexford and Wicklow! :D

So excited!!

@Tar.Aldarion: Done. :) Everything looks so much....emptier now :p

Just organised my holiday this year. Me and my friends are all pretty broke so we've decided to drive around Ireland. We're gonna do over 10 days, stopping in Monaghan, Donegal, Mayo, Clare, Tipperary, Wexford and Wicklow! :D

So excited!!

That's really cool. So you are just staying in hostels or your car in each place and going out on the town??

Also, welcome to the cool club :cool:

• Advertisement

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Sorted out meaning nuetered?

That is quite expensive...If your on the dole the ISPCA subsidises it. You can get them neutered for 20 quid.
    I use the same vet, unfortunately I don't live in her immediate catchment aera.
    But she has a program there where locals can get their animals neutered for about 30 euro.

I've inquired about this, aparantly this is only offered in dublin now due tto the recession! Oh well

That's really cool. So you are just staying in hostels or your car in each place and going out on the town??

Also, welcome to the cool club :cool:

We're going to counties where some of us have family/houses so we'll be able to stay there hopefully. Got a caravan in Fanad, Donegal that's beside a really nice surf beach. We're camping in Mayo, staying in a b&b belonged to one of the girls aunt in Clare, Hostel in Kerry and houses owned by our parents in the rest of the places. We're all broke and couldn't all get a long time off work so we thought this would be a good idea. Only thing is it's only me and my friend who drive so we'll be doing it all!

And also.. it's eight people squashed in to a punto and a micra... with luggage :eek: It'll be a tight squeeze.

I was always a member of the cool club... just not this one. I suppose I'll just add it to the list:p

We're going to counties where some of us have family/houses so we'll be able to stay there hopefully. Got a caravan in Fanad, Donegal that's beside a really nice surf beach. We're camping in Mayo, staying in a b&b belonged to one of the girls aunt in Clare, Hostel in Kerry and houses owned by our parents in the rest of the places. We're all broke and couldn't all get a long time off work so we thought this would be a good idea. Only thing is it's only me and my friend who drive so we'll be doing it all!

And also.. it's eight people squashed in to a punto and a micra... with luggage :eek: It'll be a tight squeeze.

I was always a member of the cool club... just not this one. I suppose I'll just add it to the list:p

Sounds like a great holiday to me. MUch more fun than one in the sun sitting around for me!mm camping! Have fun. Goold luck fitting 8 people and luggage into the cars, woah! I would have thought there would be a car for each girl and a car each for each girls luggage. Then any guys and their luggage would go in one car. :p

Oh this is an all girl thing, no men allowed :P We were thinking of renting a double decker but none of us have the appropriate license, drat! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭jape

This would be a very funny sight. The micra anyway, puntos are bit bigger. I drove 1 of these:

http://www.cbg.ie/photos/multi/default/ex_258_7769_89550_02.jpg

/gloat

jape wrote: »
    This would be a very funny sight. The micra anyway, puntos are bit bigger. I drove 1 of these:

http://www.cbg.ie/photos/multi/default/ex_258_7769_89550_02.jpg

/gloat

I don't understand cars, couldn't tell you the difference between yours and mine other than it's a different colour and it's longer.

My main criteria for buying my car was whether it had electric windows, was a nice colour and whether it had a CD player or not. :o

Also, it's only a three-door punto :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭jape

I don't understand cars, couldn't tell you the difference between yours and mine other than it's a different colour and it's longer.

My main criteria for buying my car was whether it had electric windows, was a nice colour and whether it had a CD player or not. :o

I suppose if u are mostly just driving around the city and suburbs those cars are fine, but for longer trips like your holiday a bigger engine car would be more stable at motorway speeds (lower revs) and probably use less petrol too + more space inside the car itself.

do u have the micra or the punto?

I'm in the micra, it's even one of the older version ones haha. Stinger for my friends who are squashed in the back :p Nah we've limited people to one gym bag sized bag and a rucksack to keep the luggage load down. I obviously can't go as fast as bigger cars but feck it sure, we'll still have the craic. It's only about €35 to fill my car and that should sort me for Dublin -> Donegal no probs. It's only a one litre engine :P

• Advertisement

I drive a micra too, it's blue! About as much as I know about cars or car to know.
    Whata painful car to drive when getting used to it, it's the only car I cut out in(I'm learning to drive)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement