Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade & Retro Chat' Special Championship Edition

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's also not a lot of fun.

Thought it would be a follow up to super turrican 2. But what it is is a bad euro shooter that is worse than any of the turrican games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Inviere wrote: »
    Rendering Ranger R2 is outrageous....I'd never heard of it before seeing it in the below video. Absolute voodoo coding :eek:

Rendering Ranger R2 looks amazing! I dont think I've ever come across that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Rendering Ranger R2 looks amazing! I dont think I've ever come across that one.

It was stupidly expensive when I went to buy it about ten years ago so I'd say you'll need a mortgage now!

o1s1n wrote: »
    It was stupidly expensive when I went to buy it about ten years ago so I'd say you'll need a mortgage now!

Yeah, just had a look around. Seems to be about €800 cart only, €1500+ complete :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Cough... cough... Everdrive... cough...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭Inviere

Yeah, just had a look around. Seems to be about €800 cart only, €1500+ complete :eek:

Ouch!

It's incredible what the coder managed to do with it, and hard to believe it's running on a Snes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

You would all love Elusive stuff over here, make some new beers too

Overdrive+Cask_17.jpg

450x450.jpg

Hmm,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Anyone know if Metal Slug XX is worth a punt if you've already played 7 on the DS?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hmm,

Finally, these games can shine for the.... perfectly acceptable slices of mediocrity that they are.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Finally, these games can shine for the.... perfectly acceptable slices of mediocrity that they are.

You're being very generous there...

Master of the Universe

Speaking of Zelda games, I gave my missus A Link Between Worlds to play last weekend as I thought she might like it. She hasn't played a Zelda game since Link's Awakening when she was a kid.

Played it for 10 hours on Saturday and 9 hours on Sunday. :eek: Almost got through the whole game. I felt like a proper videogame widower!

Is now asking me for something else to play, I have suggested Luigi's Mansion 2... will see how it goes!

I thought it would be cool to play through Triforce Heroes but I see you can't play it two player, such a shame.

Inviere wrote: »
    You're being very generous there...

Hey, it's not my fault you are a Zelda CDi scrub that couldn't master the complex mechanicals of the glorious CDi joypad or Zelda CDi's complex RNG enemy spawning.

Speaking of Zelda games, I gave my missus A Link Between Worlds to play last weekend as I thought she might like it. She hasn't played a Zelda game since Link's Awakening when she was a kid.

Played it for 10 hours on Saturday and 9 hours on Sunday. :eek: Almost got through the whole game. I felt like a proper videogame widower!

Is now asking me for something else to play, I have suggested Luigi's Mansion 2... will see how it goes!

I thought it would be cool to play through Triforce Heroes but I see you can't play it two player, such a shame.

I really need to play a link between worlds. I heard it's incredible. I'll have to dig it out of the attic next time I'm home in the parents but it's currently under lockdown!

I really need to play a link between worlds. I heard it's incredible. I'll have to dig it out of the attic next time I'm home in the parents but it's currently under lockdown!

It's very enjoyable. Back in the halcyon days of Zelda games having actual dungeons...

Master of the Universe

You mean to tell me you've spent the last seven years playing Shin Megami Tensei extra Obscure Otaku Version and Tokyo Pigeon Sexy Dating Game Simulator but you haven't gone near A Link Between Worlds?? :eek:

Well saying that... I've not beaten Shin Megami Tensei 4 Apocalypse either.

Anyway, come back to me when you have 96 exits in super mario world :P

Anyway, come back to me when you have 96 exits in super mario world :P

Don't forget his Super Mario Bros. warpless run too.....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

May have posted about this ages ago but popped into my head again lately for no reason whatsover.

Trying to remember the name of an arcade game I played during mid 90's. It was a side scrolling beat em up of sorts but more like Altered Beast than Streets of Rage. I think you start as a wizard or a sage like character and have just a simple weapon and you walk along dispatching enemies, when you come to the end of the first level I think you dropped down into an underground sort of level and carried on. It wasn't great or anything, just can't remember the name or all that much else about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

Corholio wrote: »
    May have posted about this ages ago but popped into my head again lately for no reason whatsover.

Trying to remember the name of an arcade game I played during mid 90's. It was a side scrolling beat em up of sorts but more like Altered Beast than Streets of Rage. I think you start as a wizard or a sage like character and have just a simple weapon and you walk along dispatching enemies, when you come to the end of the first level I think you dropped down into an underground sort of level and carried on. It wasn't great or anything, just can't remember the name or all that much else about it.

Or maybe metamorphic force which is like an updated altered beast

Check out the music on the first level, proper metal riffs and very catchy. Level 5 music is cool too, colosseum.

Magician Lord?

Just a couple guesses anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Gradius wrote: »

Or maybe metamorphic force which is like an updated altered beast

Check out the music on the first level, proper metal riffs and very catchy. Level 5 music is cool too, colosseum.

Magician Lord?

Just a couple guesses anyway

None of those unfortunately, althought the first two look great. Gonna check them out further.

The one I'm thinking of is a 2D sort of side scroller, unlike Streets of Rage you couldn't go up and down the background, just left or right.

Edit: Wow. After watching the video of the Dungeons and Dragons one on youtube there was recommendations on the side, I clicked on one that looked vaguely similar.......and it was it!! It was called 'Cadash'. That's done my head in for years trying to remember it :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

If anyone is after a box that will allow HDMI gaming streaming to online services (yea know, like the youth do), I might have one to sell :) A&R discount of course will be given.
    Didn't think it was retro enough for market place.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,754 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

https://www.twitter.com/terraonion/status/1312801146688483328

Terraonion announce PS1 support with the Mode ODE.
    Add-in kit gonna be needed though.

PSX kit will include a pcb, cable and custom mounting bracket for MODE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Anyone around Dublin that'll still repair a PS3 by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Might need a new ps2 controller, friends giving me lend of one to test, was trying to stream and one of the buttons kept pressing on it's own.

Any recommendations on where to get one?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Might need a new ps2 controller, friends giving me lend of one to test, was trying to stream and one of the buttons kept pressing on it's own.
    Might just need opening up and cleaning of the button contacts

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Might just need opening up and cleaning of the button contacts
    Hopefully but might need a backup incase I bork it :pac:
    I'm hoping it is the controller and not something else, can't find a ps1 controller either, I think I've 3 ps1s and no controllers, disgustang

Master of the Universe

I'm still happily using a cheap Chinese wireless PS2 controller I picked up last year that's far better than it has any right to be.

Think it was one of these;

https://www.ebay.com/itm/114243568714

I'm still happily using a cheap Chinese wireless PS2 controller I picked up last year that's far better than it has any right to be.

Think it was one of these;

https://www.ebay.com/itm/114243568714

Thanks so much!
    My friend lended me one it was the start button kept pressing on it's own. I eventually found my ps1 controller with my PS one I put away, my heart, I knew I wouldn't have binned it it was driving me mad

• Advertisement

Just doing some final testing/config on Ciderman's Emulation PC....good lord the Sharp x68000 is a sensational machine.

Advertisement