Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade & Retro Chat' Special Championship Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,546 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

o1s1n wrote: »
    'Sorry, this product is currently out of stock.'

For the love of... I didn't realise they were up for preorder already!

GameStop have it for €60. Ordered it there at lunch.

https://www.gamestop.ie/Other%20Products/Games/74931/game-and-watch-super-mario-bros

• Registered Users Posts: 34,564 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Thanks man! ordered :D

I seem to have been a bit slow on the uptake with new releases, only just seeing the Switch games port and Mario Kart Live.

Mario Kart Live looks like such an insane, unworkable idea - I love it. Almost want to pick it up to see what it's like to fire a red shell at my cats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Yeah pre ordered it after seeing your message today, doubt I'll even open it tbh. But I like the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭hellsing101

'Sorry, this product is currently out of stock.'

For the love of... I didn't realise they were up for preorder already!

Wouldn't be like Nintendo under producing an item and ruining out of stock. That's never happened to them before.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The wait begins, Victor Marland who creates the Ten Pence Arcade podcast, has agreed to make me an Atari 2600 arcade controller.

He makes some lovely Veccy controllers,

PIcture_Bandai.jpeg
    Asteroids-controller-both-types-close.jpg?resize=600%2C411

But he also makes Atari controllers, on request.

It'll be similar to the arcade stick above, but with only two buttons, one will be fire and other wired to the "up" direction on the stick, for those games that use it.

He says it'll be a little while, but it'll be well worth it.

It'll probably be €70 shipped

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Yep great podcast and he does some awesome stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Rant incoming. Limited stock is a stupid idea, especially when people want the product. I'm a sneakerhead, I have a modest collection of limited edition Jordans and other Nike shoes. My collecting has pretty much stopped in the last two years because I can't ****ing buy anything anymore. If you were lucky you'd be able to get a size shortly after the 8am drop or maybe even a day or two later. Now everything sells out instantly. I missed out on both the black and gray variants of the PlayStation shoe last year. They rarely even post about upcoming releases so I can't even keep an eye out for the dates.

I see that game and watch up on Ebay already for £110. Most people saying more than 1 available.

You can still pre order from Game so doesn't make much sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,546 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

RasTa wrote: »
    I see that game and watch up on Ebay already for £110. Most people saying more than 1 available.

You can still pre order from Game so doesn't make much sense.

Still available for €60 from GameStop too. They've now put up orders for the Mario Kart Live sets at €120 each

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

trout wrote: »
    right ... Naomi cab (it's HUGE) and the two monitors. Paid 400 this summer ... will let go for 300 for quick sale, boardsie price, no haggling, buyer collects

that seem fair enough?

obvs I'll make a proper Marketplace post ... just trying to be a square dealer here

The cabs are ugly in a family room but... what about converting the garage to a game room or getting a room out the back garden like a "seomra"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,965 ✭✭✭Doge

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Amazon have the Game and Watch now also - this morning it was not allowing ROI or even NI for shipping (I tried). Just tried now and it worked for ROI shipping..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,859 ✭✭✭Steve X2

fmul9798 wrote: »
    Amazon have the Game and Watch now also - this morning it was not allowing ROI or even NI for shipping (I tried). Just tried now and it worked for ROI shipping..

Amazon don't seem to be limiting it to 1 per customer either. The scalpers will be loading up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Amazon don't seem to be limiting it to 1 per customer either. The scalpers will be loading up :(

There's plenty of places selling these, the scalpers might be waiting a while for a return on their investment. It's kinda funny how Nintendo's own store sold out quickly while there seems to be plenty of retailers still taking pre-orders.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm glad I got straight onto the Nintendo store and ordered.
    That said, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they cancel on me.

Where are you getting it shipped to?

Where are you getting it shipped to?

Parcel Motel...
    Yes, I know...
    Hence why I would not be surprised if they cancel...
    But, so far so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,859 ✭✭✭Steve X2

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Parcel Motel...
    Yes, I know...
    Hence why I would not be surprised if they cancel...
    But, so far so good.

I've got stuff from the Nintendo UK store shipped to my Parcel Wizard in the North a good few times. Never had an issue with them not wanted to send it. So I'd say you'll be ok with pmotel as well.

They cancelled an order I had destined for Parcel Motel, it was a couple of years ago now. They had no problem accepting a Parcel Wizard address strangely enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

Cancelled it after how long? I've got the Game and Watch and 3D Allstars being delivered to Parcel Motel myself.

Sometime prior to shipping, it was a good while ago now so I couldn't tell you exactly when. I know some people have received orders from Nintendo since then so you may be okay. I'm just getting mine locally, there's probably only about a fiver in the difference when you take PM fees and the Sterling conversion fees in to account.

Master of the Universe

More Bioevil development footage, I love what these dudes are doing!

Master of the Universe

wo08wh4vbyl51.jpg

'Rise from your grave...Alfred!'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,965 ✭✭✭Doge

Anyone here experiencing delays with incoming mail with AnPost lately?

In the AnPost delays thread someone had something sent from Malahide to Dublin and it took 2 weeks! Must be a record.

My Sinden Lightgun was shipped last Friday and no sign of it yet on AnPosts side.

Master of the Universe

Doge wrote: »
    Anyone here experiencing delays with incoming mail with AnPost lately?

In the AnPost delays thread someone had something sent from Malahide to Dublin and it took 2 weeks! Must be a record.

My Sinden Lightgun was shipped last Friday and no sign of it yet on AnPosts side.

Yeah I've a few things due in with anpost that are late alright. Glad to hear it's not just me.

On the flip side I'd a late package with UPS, checked the tracking number yesterday and they'd sent it back due to too many failed delivery attempts - didn't ring me once!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Yeah I've a few things due in with anpost that are late alright. Glad to hear it's not just me.
    Maybe in June it took 3 weeks to get a parcel from Dublin to here, was just sitting in Dublin.
    Had 2 parcels go missing from Kildare in April and June
    On the flip side I'd a late package with UPS, checked the tracking number yesterday and they'd sent it back due to too many failed delivery attempts - didn't ring me once!
    Dino is having similar problem as well with An Post and DPD atm

Not fully retro but a Wii is £25 in Cex over here atm. Worth a purchase? I only played sports on it back in the day.

https://uk.webuy.com/product-detail?id=swiiwiie005&categoryName=wii-consoles&superCatName=gaming&title=wii-console-white-%28no-game%29-discounted

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Cool read about Arcade Club in the Uk: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-09-13-meet-the-man-behind-the-astonishingly-successful-arcade-club

Sounds similar to Token, but goes all out with the weirder, more obscure games (modern and retro) too. Looking at photos they have a full Darius Burst widescreen cab, Cave shooters and (as mentioned in the article) the weird Monster Hunter ‘pig slapping’ cabinet :pac:

• Advertisement

Bury one is near me and good craic. Mix of every sort inside too, all in harmony. That Leeds one looks better than mine, the bastards.

Advertisement