Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers who Toga! Toga! Toga!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

sullivlo wrote: »
    Kiss her and say "you're one of us now" :pac:

Ha! We're thinking of getting a load of yes badges and littering the house with them :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Thank you everyone for all the well wishes, they mean a lot.

Unfortunately, my cancer is advanced but I've been ignoring statistics and prognoses because I fail to see how that will help me. Maybe I will be one of the lucky ones.

But let me give you ladies some advice, if you see even the tiniest change in your breast, get a mammogram. I missed one two years ago through thinking it would be nothing. How wrong I was. Please don't be scared, don't think you are too young, get yourself checked.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Tarzana2 wrote: »
    Please don't be scared, don't think you are too young, get yourself checked.
    +100000

My mum got diagnosed very early both times because she was always very quick in her 30s and 40s to get even the slightest change checked out, and that has left a serious impression on myself and my sister.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Hope you're feeling okay today Tarzana.

Lyaiera wrote: »
    I stayed up all night and wrote and wrote. 3,000 words on Vampires (with no romance.) 3,000 words that leads to smut. And tomorrow I hope to write another 3,000 words that leads to heavier smut. Then I shall peddle smut and make my millions. It's giving me something to fill my days with at least.

Come on over to Creative Writing and enter the competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

+100000

My mum got diagnosed very early both times because she was always very quick in her 30s and 40s to get even the slightest change checked out, and that has left a serious impression on myself and my sister.

I was 28, and basically my nipple sank into my breast. Didn't think anything of it, but just decided to get it checked. The doc played it down too much, so that when I realised I'd missed my mammogram appointment, I didn't reschedule as I thought it was no big deal. :-/

Docs needs to be a bit more forceful in this regard!

The only side effect I've so far is diarrhea, no nausea at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

It's amazing how quick some doctors (not all thankfully) are to play down any changes because someone is too young. I was 25 when one breast suddenly became extremely painful. I could barely tolerate having my clothes touch it. I spoke to the GP who said "chances are it's nothing but we'll check it out...but you'll have to make another appointment as you've already discussed another issue and we can only deal with one thing at a time". I came back the following week and my breast was solid. It was like a rock. She sent me urgently to have an ultrasound and biopsy and it was all clear but a lot of people wouldn't have gone back that second time. I understand they are under time constraints but I was the second last patient to be seen that day so a few minutes wasn't going to hurt.

/rant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭DuchessduJour

Very best wishes to you Tarzana <3 If you're based in Dublin and need help with anything practical over the next little while, I'd be only too willing to help out. Hope you're doing alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Oh you will definitely get used to it.. When I started working I used to be in tears when I'd get home, now I can work a 9/10 hour shift without my feet or legs hurting - even when I was 8.5 months pregnant!

Good to know!:) I couldn't exercise in the evenings like I wanted to because I'm feet are always killing me, and I'm too lazy to get up early like I used to. Once I get settled in though, I won't stress so much. It's a fairly demanding job. Constantly moving; washing up, cleaning tables, on tills while also making coffees, trying to remember who ordered what, it's exhausting. :o I feel I won't last a month. I want to go back to college!:( :pac:

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Two year 10 girls from our school have been reported as missing, and I teach one of them as well as having a year 10 form group. Pair of them were last seen yesterday morning outside a local shop. Lot of the girls were upset before they went into their exam yesterday, and the fact they didn't turn up last night was significant. I'm sick thinking about it, was worried enough because of the year 11 and year 10 doing well in their exams and predicting them, and worried that we weren't ready, normal teaching nerves. All the year 10 form tutors were called into a meeting, and told the entire story. Police have been into the school and to the students and their friends houses last night to take statements.

First thought that came into our head was ISIS, since we are a vulnerable area with a lot of Muslim girls in our school, but at least that is not a concern. I've twisted my knee last week, and is still sore, and that has been causing me hassle, and making me frustrated, and now just trying to keep all those year 10's on track with this going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Rebel that's terrible news. I hope they're found safe and well soon :-/

I wonder though, unless those details have been made public by police, it might be safer not to post on a public forum.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Picking up my new car tomorrow if I can get out of work early

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Rebel that's terrible news. I hope they're found safe and well soon :-/

I wonder though, unless those details have been made public by police, it might be safer not to post on a public forum.

Everything I said is online, news broke about 12.45 on local media sites, the fact they are missing and where they were headed. Just changed one thing there

Can't sleep :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Best of luck Tarzana. My heart goes out to you in this time.

Nothing like getting home after a long day and engrossing yourself in a good book/tv show I did both those things today, I have been so good eating healthy for two months that I treated myself to a Chinese today and it was nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Jesus! Fingers crossed for a good outcome rebel girl.

Girls were found last night in Birmingham.

Had am issue catching my breath in a lesson this morning, felt I was after running for ten minutes every time I opened my mouth to speak. Got through it though. Roll on 3pm - didn't sleep well at all and I'm out of it!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

On the bus to the garage to get my car :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Stheno wrote: »
    On the bus to the garage to get my car :)
    Well wear, Stheno!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,138 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

My skin hates me! Going away tomorrow and I have broken out with two massive spots with potential to become nasty things! And Also I'm overheating and itchy! The urge to scratch the living sh*t out of myself is strong!

If I ever consider a flight from this ****hole again, feel free to beat me with a 2x4 until I see sense and fly with a real airline from LHR or LCY. Having a nightmare today.

If I ever consider a flight from this ****hole again, feel free to beat me with a 2x4 until I see sense and fly with a real airline from LHR or LCY. Having a nightmare today.

Sounds like Stansted?

• Advertisement

Got it in one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

But on the plus side, think of why you're flying! So awesome!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Need work clothes
    Debenhams sale
    Yus

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

I haven't been shopping properly for mooooooonths. Not letting myself buy anything until I lose this (adorable :P ) little pot belly of mine! After that my bank account is going to be shredded!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

So much hatred for Stansted. So. Much. Hatred.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Can't actually take working in a café. Talk about an epic failure. If I can't do this, what hope in hell do I have of being employed in something more serious?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Can't actually take working in a café. Talk about an epic failure. If I can't do this, what hope in hell do I have of being employed in something more serious?

I wouldn't go that far. Maybe it's just not for you. It's not for everyone and different people thrive in different environments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I worked in catering for 3 months and I hated it with a passion, I was no good at it at all. That does not mean I was not capable at anything, just that I was a horrific waiter.

I am good at lots of other things, I just had to find them, hang in there :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

LenaClaire wrote: »
    I worked in catering for 3 months and I hated it with a passion, I was no good at it at all. That does not mean I was not capable at anything, just that I was a horrific waiter.

I am good at lots of other things, I just had to find them, hang in there :)

I'm the same. I'm an awful waitress and will refuse to do it when asked by work but I know that I'm great at the retail side of my job and (as sad as it may sound) will jump to do that side of it. We all have our strengths and weaknesses in work so it's just about trying to work out what they are and getting yourself into the right area, even when it's only a small job. Employers don't help sometimes too. I was once accused of lying about my experience when they just threw me in the deep end because they didn't listen when I explained what I had done in my previous job.

• Advertisement
Advertisement