Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Swamp_Cat wrote: »
    Doesn't look like we'll be so lucky. Nothing on kclr either. bummer.

Live radio tomorrow
    Deferred coverage on tv I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭brookville

Live radio tomorrow
    Deferred coverage on tv I believe

Think tg4 showing the two football matches then ballyhale one around 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Swamp_Cat

brookville wrote: »
    Think tg4 showing the two football matches then ballyhale one around 5.

Yep, that's what's on our sunday plate.

As far as my comment about it(intermediate) not being on kclr. While I'm sure most people know but just in case you're like me the first half was on their website kclc/fanzone... & second half was live on air. Only missed a few minutes figuring it out thankfully. I hope the junior match is in the archives because that must have been some comeback. club hurling & huge comebacks! Gotta love It.
    Up Ballyhale!

Julie catch a rabbit by its hare...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Looking good for Shamrocks. 1-18 to 0-13 with less than 10 minutes left.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

1-21 to 0-15 final score

Congrats to Ballyhale!

That makes it a clean sweep for Kilkenny clubs in Leinster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

If as a lot mention here 4 of the 6 shamrock forwards will start for Kilkenny next year and if that be true then it aint looking too good for Kilkenny not good at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭robwen

If as a lot mention here 4 of the 6 shamrock forwards will start for Kilkenny next year and if that be true then it aint looking too good for Kilkenny not good at all.

TJ, Fennelly, Mullen &?

robwen wrote: »
    TJ, Fennelly, Mullen &?

Do I really have to name names?????????????????????? really

Its the first of December hardly a day for the shooting the lights out.It was a no win situation for ballyhale but after a sluggisg start they got the job done.No team can be taken for granted especially this time of the year.fair play to saint Mullins and congrats to the shamrocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

All four won't start. But they'll be in the top 10 forwards in contention with 3 pretty much guaranteed to start. I don't see why this game would cause you to start slating lads - all 6 starting forwards scored. It's the 1st December.

• Advertisement

Great win for the shamrock's. I suppose Shane Ross was there for the photo call.:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Mick Fennelly’s second yellow was fairly harsh.

Two lads went for a high ball and one landed awkwardly.

Mick Fennelly’s second yellow was fairly harsh.

Two lads went for a high ball and one landed awkwardly.

The lads on the radio had a conyption

All four won't start. But they'll be in the top 10 forwards in contention with 3 pretty much guaranteed to start. I don't see why this game would cause you to start slating lads - all 6 starting forwards scored. It's the 1st December.

I did not slate anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Swamp_Cat

1-21 to 0-15 final score

Congrats to Ballyhale!

That makes it a clean sweep for Kilkenny clubs in Leinster

Not being cute, but I was more than a little impressed by the Carlow side. At one point they had 3 or 4 clean blocks in a row like KK during the beginning of the '14 KK v Tipp replay. Ref was horrible. The scoreline flatters. Congrats BH! & the other KK winning teams.

Julie catch a rabbit by its hare...

Do I really have to name names?????????????????????? really

No just the one name, I've already named 3 likely starters I'm wondering who is the fourth?
    No need to get your knickers in a twist over it

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ContinentCat

New Kilkenny jersey out (o'neills website), big improvement on the last one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭big_drive

Nice jersey, better than last one. Would prefer vertical stripes to run full length of jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Village87

its more a less a mix of the latest set and the set before that. Bog standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭corner back 2

Dont like the new Jersey at all I think I must be too much of a traditionalist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭Grats

Village87 wrote: »
    its more a less a mix of the latest set and the set before that.

Black and Amber!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭me89

New Kilkenny jersey out (o'neills website), big improvement on the last one

I love it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,286 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Podge2k19

Ballyhale Shamrocks (Kilkenny) v Slaughtneil (Derry), Páirc Esler, Newry, 2pm (TG4)

(E.T. in Necessary)

St Thomas' (Galway) v Borris-Ileigh (Tipperary), LIT Gaelic Grounds, Limerick, 4pm (TG4)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭kksaints

Hard luck to Mullinavat after losing in the Intermediate final but it was a fantastic run for them to get to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭Ompala

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3rCL5CCt_0&t=280s

May be of interest to folks here.

robwen wrote: »

Replay fixed for friday week the 20th of December.I think kierans brought on an extra sub in extra time.I think the player in question didnt touch the ball or have much of an influence on the result but upon reviewing the game presentation appealed the result which they were entitled to do.

Any word on the makeup of the county senior panel for 2020? Who's out and who's in?

There was a large panel carried for the last few years and alot of youth blooded I'd say we will mostly work off the same panel with a few new additions from this years u20 team.david blanchfield,mikey butler and eoin cody impressed at different times this year.Training for next year has resumed we have being told a few fringe players have being dropped along with rob Lennon and tom aylward.Joe lyng had a solid club championship for the rower and is back from travelling I wonder will he make himself available? we will might see james bergin and shane walsh drafted in when the club finishes while mossy has being in good form before injury.We should also see more of the shamrocks players next spring but they have alot of hurling done over the last few years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

http://www.kilkennygaa.ie/news/read/id/2784

Brief report from tonights Bord na nÓg AGM there. Can anyone explain the logic of having U13s playing on a full size pitch? Imagine a 12/13 year old trying to play in goal. All it does is tilt the game in favour of the big lad who can cover the ground even more than it does already.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement