Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

Surely if Kilkenny were getting a new jersey for 2020 it'd be released by now since its 4 weeks to Christmas?

From the o neills website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭Village87

brookville wrote: »
    A good few suprises last weekend in the club.Our own mullinavat beating rosenallis.Eir og beating portlaoise.Borris beating ballygunner.This time of the year especially anything could happen.Ballyhale are a serious outfit it is very hard to see them beaten.Its probable that 4 of them could start for kilkenny next year.Its a great opportunity for the cw men to pit themselves against the best.They will be the first to thank kilkenny for letting them play junior all those years ago.No doubt it has brought them on.Ballyhale wont take anything for granted and will have to mark james doyle and mouse kavanagh tightly.Shamrocks will try go for the jugular early and put it to bed so the longer mullens keep it tight the better and try bring it down the home straight.....the desicion to play it in portlaoise is a poor one.
    Tullaron will miss mossy but seem to be playing with freedom.
    Conahy should have james bergin back this weekend

There should be more than 4. Darren Mullen, Joey Holden, Adrian Mullen, Colin Fenelly, TJ Reid, Adrian Mullen Owen Cody all could possible start. Darren Mullen has to start next year, get him in these to replace Pau lMurphy.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Cornerback1

1984baby wrote: »

Yeah, but new jersey should be released a few weeks ago to get orders in for Christmas. Very slow.

Other new style jerseys have been in shop a few weeks ago - Donegal's was out about 10 days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,319 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

1984baby wrote: »

"New jersey coming soon" …
    But still charging €70 for a soon to be 'old' jersey !! :rolleyes: :eek:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

greenspurs wrote: »

I think O'Neills probably make the old jersies and put them in shops and sell them cheaper, even though the jersey was from 3+ seasons ago. Good business. As parents, I'd say a lot buy the older type as it's cheaper - 1/2 price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭brookville

Village87 wrote: »
    There should be more than 4. Darren Mullen, Joey Holden, Adrian Mullen, Colin Fenelly, TJ Reid, Adrian Mullen Owen Cody all could possible start. Darren Mullen has to start next year, get him in these to replace Pau lMurphy.

Sorry I meant we could see 4 start in attack next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

With the weather going the way it is it's looking like the conditions will be very heavy next Sunday. Might give us (St. Mullins) a bit of a chance of keeping in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭Grats

Kilkenny League Fixtures ex KK GAA website.

http://www.kilkennygaa.ie/news/read/id/2772

• Registered Users Posts: 10,851 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Adrian Mullen is good in fairness, but he won't play two positions!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Grats wrote: »
    Kilkenny League Fixtures ex KK GAA website.

http://www.kilkennygaa.ie/news/read/id/2772

Travel costs will be very low next year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 PooPooPooPoo

I’d agree with you but then we’d both be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭laneykin

January 26th Kilkenny v Dublin (KK)
    February 2nd Carlow v Kilkenny (CW)
    February 16th Wexford v Kilkenny (WX)
    February 23rd Kilkenny v Clare (KK)
    March 1st Laois v Kilkenny (LS)

League fixtures for 2020 and venues confirmed

laneykin wrote: »
    January 26th Kilkenny v Dublin (KK)
    February 2nd Carlow v Kilkenny (CW)
    February 16th Wexford v Kilkenny (WX)
    February 23rd Kilkenny v Clare (KK)
    March 1st Laois v Kilkenny (LS)

League fixtures for 2020 and venues confirmed

I presume that they are all Sundsy fixtures? No Saturday Night Lights' games!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭laneykin

Yep all Sundays

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭therealdonster

Any word on the makeup of the county senior panel for 2020? Who's out and who's in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭Village87

No many stand out fixtures in that list

Was a terrible idea to change the league, the structure was grand, now it's back to the old days, mostly foregone conclusions, and the few really competitive games you get have nothing much at stake because all the teams know they're comfortably out of risk of relegation. So instead of an interesting few months in the run up to championship we can all get back to casually watching to see if a few interesting lads emerge, while never getting excited one way or another about results. Basically sleep until May. Great move gaa.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭mullinr2

Was a terrible idea to change the league, the structure was grand, now it's back to the old days, mostly foregone conclusions, and the few really competitive games you get have nothing much at stake because all the teams know they're comfortably out of risk of relegation. So instead of an interesting few months in the run up to championship we can all get back to casually watching to see if a few interesting lads emerge, while never getting excited one way or another about results. Basically sleep until May. Great move gaa.

Totally agree with you, but look at 1a group. You have Tipp, Limerick, Galway(3 all ireland winners in last 3 years) plus Cork and Waterford. That's a competitive group. Big thing for us is this year's group stage is to beat Clare. They have been very comfortable victors over us in the last few years. We can't seem to get to grip with their style.

mullinr2 wrote: »
    Totally agree with you, but look at 1a group. You have Tipp, Limerick, Galway(3 all ireland winners in last 3 years) plus Cork and Waterford. That's a competitive group. Big thing for us is this year's group stage is to beat Clare. They have been very comfortable victors over us in the last few years. We can't seem to get to grip with their style.

We also have a poor enough record against wexford..Hopefully our few young lads can stay progressing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

The revamp of the provincials did for the league I think to be honest, that and the number of winners coming from 1B.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭conor05

brookville wrote: »
    We also have a poor enough record against wexford..Hopefully our few young lads can stay progressing.

Agreed. Wexford are very good now,
    Them Wexford lads no longer fear the KK jersey,

Clare and Wexford are the only tough matches though, I think Dublin have gone backwards and the rest of the games should be straight forward victories and a chance to try new blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

The 2 groups of 6 were determined on this year's league placings and was meant to create 2 relatively even groups of 6 in division 1. As it panned out there's almost a leinster group and Munster group in the league with the exception of clare in 1B and galway and westmeath in 1A.

League isn't valued nowhere near as much as 3 or 4 years ago due to the round robin in may and june which is effectively a 2nd and far more important league.

Well folks someone said it's possible to watch the tullaroan match live online but I can't figure out where. Anyone have a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

Well folks someone said it's possible to watch the tullaroan match live online but I can't figure out where. Anyone have a link?

Aib used to show ballycallan games last year. On a YouTube channel

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Swamp_Cat

Powerhouse wrote: »
    The Moon would have been a good venue. No way the Carlow crowd could have created an atmosphere there.

Another great aspect of the club competitions is learning* that Carlow has such an enthusiastic hurling crowd. While staying in KK I constantly found myself in Carlow yet not until this thread did I realize the strong following. Same w/Derry or Antrim based clubs & others who are there or thereabouts.

*As an outsider who follows as much hurling & camogie as possible here in the, regardless of level or competition these things aren't always apparent. Focus is on Senior IC obviously. looking forward to an amazing weekend of hurling

Julie catch a rabbit by its hare...

greenspurs wrote: »

What a racket they've got going on. Most overpriced item. Just imagine paying that for the '2 stripe model's'. It's unreal a giant like Adidas feels that threatened. Not sure what the $ to € conversion is right now but with shipping my 2 striped Jersey is over 100!

Maybe not but I'll be looking for a better showing against Wex, league or not, than recent matches.

Aib used to show ballycallan games last year. On a YouTube channel

Doesn't look like we'll be so lucky. Nothing on kclr either. bummer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Congrats to Tullaroan!

• Advertisement

Congrats to Tullaroan!
    Good wins for conahy and kierans college after extra time.Conahy were cruising at half time.james bergin was back today.Shane walsh was good for tullaron.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement