Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

dulux99 wrote: »
    By the time Gus fights in December it'll be 5 fights in 3 years, that's not too bad in fairness.

Will it? ThougHt it'd be 3 in 3years. He was so impressive against Glover with those uppercuts I couldn't wait for him to fight again then he sits out 18months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

I think Gus beats him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Lewis knocks out DC, Brock Lesnar, then Jon Jones and becomes the GOAT. calling it now

ok maybe i was a bit premature in what i said. but lewis could defo do that:D

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:eek::mad::(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    ok maybe i was a bit premature in what i said. but lewis could defo do that:D

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:eek::mad::(

Derek just said he can't believe he got the fight because he can't go five rounds. He says they should have gave it to Stipe!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

By the time Gus fights in December it'll be 5 fights in 3 years, that's not too bad in fairness.

It is when you realize your miscalculations, so if you go back to the first of those five you allude to you start at Manuwa win March 2014, we're about to head into 2019 that's nearly 5 years ago! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

It is when you realize your miscalculations, so if you go back to the first of those five you allude to you start at Manuwa win March 2014, we're about to head into 2019 that's nearly 5 years ago! :)

Anthony Johnson January 24, 2015
    Daniel Cormier October 3, 2015
    Jan Blachowiz September 3, 2016
    Glover Texeira May 28, 2017
    Jon Jones December 29th, 2018

5 fights in 3.92 years

My post said when he fights Jones in December, so I was including the Jones fight.

I'll split the difference with ya :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,105 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Beersmith wrote: »
    Sounds like a great card if that is the co-main. Dana did say that Jones would NEVER headline another card right?!
    Dana White wrote:
    “I don’t (trust him), no. I don’t. In my opinion, I would never take the risk of headlining a show with Jon Jones again. I’d put him on the card, but I wouldn’t headline with him until he consistently gets back on track

Jon Jones back on track confirmed. :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Not sure how to treat this fight, on the one hand it feels too late, like I can remember wanting this to happen so many years ago, and yet lhw is so boring now that this feels pretty exciting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Dana twitter

DpLnczdVAAE0eHr.jpg:large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Al Iaquinta vs Kevin lee part 2 in December.

Some fantastic fights coming up to see out the year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

It's rumoured that Cat Zingano will fight Megan Anderson at 145 on the 232 card. Supposedly it's happening in case Nunes or Cyborg pull out as they will have a choice of backup fighters then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Watched part of an interview on CTV with Max and Ortega, Max is looking a little chubby.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

cliggg wrote: »
    It's rumoured that Cat Zingano will fight Megan Anderson at 145 on the 232 card. Supposedly it's happening in case Nunes or Cyborg pull out as they will have a choice of backup fighters then.

Hahaha, amazing. Presumably sticking Zingano in there as she has the win over Nunes so they can try and sell it as a fair enough replacement. Anderson has just come off the back of getting completely schooled by Holm, who was significantly smaller than her. Has no business being back in with anyone elite.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Watched part of an interview on CTV with Max and Ortega, Max is looking a little chubby.

I thought he was looking chubby for a while. Mainly around the face. Like he was on strong medication or was drinking too much. He had mentioned he's been suffering from depression.

He used to fight at 155 before the UFC, so naturally he's a bigger boy. Anyways, hope he's in good nick for the T City fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Nate's had his run ins with Kabob already don't forget... no love lost with him and Team Khabib.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Lewis will be about 40 pounds heavier than DC so there is a chance

JJayoo wrote: »

Nah. DC is far too savvy to get caught early. DC will stop him in the second I reckon, he'll grind him from the first bell and Lewis will gladly accept his paycheck. He's openly said many times he doesn't even want a title fight haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

JJayoo wrote: »

Literally no chance. Lewis has got awful TDD, no defensive BJJ, questionable gas tank. I think prob finds it hard to get up anyways, but he's gonna get laid on and smeshed until he breaks.

His only path to victory is if for some reason, DC decides to stand and bang with him. I thinkit's generous matchmaking by the UFC in DC's favour tbh.

Michael Johnson will be the replacement for Artem's fight according to a few people on reddit & sherdog

Michael Johnson will be the replacement for Artem's fight according to a few people on reddit & sherdog

Oh **** - Sleepy time for the THE GOAT.

Oh **** - Sleepy time for the THE GOAT.

Not at all! Artem will break Micheal's hand with his chin forcing the stoppage!

Not at all! Artem will break Micheal's hand with his chin forcing the stoppage!

Artem's chin will sub Johnson via d'arce choke in the 2nd!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Oh man, a leveled up Artem beating Micheal Johnson would be amazing and hilarious.

Ah here. I think the UFC have decided to get out of the Artem Lobov business. That's a terrible, terrible fight for Artem.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah here. I think the UFC have decided to get out of the Artem Lobov business. That's a terrible, terrible fight for Artem.

Yeah, one more loss and he has to go and queue Conor "if Artem goes, so do I". Bit of a crazy match making all the same.

Imagine Michael Johnsons delight when he got the call to fight Artem. Christmas coming up, easiest night at the office he will have had in years. I like Artem but jaysus.

• Advertisement

Great chance for JOhnson - KO Artem - get on the mic talk **** about Artem/Conor and call out Conor - only way he is getting that payday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement