Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Beersmith wrote: »
    He is a scummy human being though, no sympathy from me.

Why Is that then ?

I know he wasn’t liked by many people but as a fighter I respected what he did in the ring

As a person well that may be a diff story

• Registered Users Posts: 6,757 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Why Is that then ?

Have a read of this review of his own book:

https://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=66067&p=1710249&viewfull=1#post1710249

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Wow I didn’t know any of that.
    Jesus he was a fcuking headcase and piece of sh1t. I did read he said he was a sinner and the train hitting him was possibly gods punishment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

DC v Derek Lewis in the works for the msg card. Thought DC hand is broke?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

That will be an utter massacre. Maybe they’re making DC fight with one hand in order to keep it competitive? :pac:

Fair play to Lewis, he keeps racking up the wins, but it’s a bit beyond belief how when you see his fights.

DC vs Lewis might be the biggest disparity in cardio we’ve seen in a modern day UFC matchup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Lewis literally stood in the Octagon and said he has no business being in a title fight with DC and that he's not angling for it. Acknowledged he really needs to put in hard work to get himself in anything resembling shake.

Two days later they start talking about him fighting for the title on a month's notice. Crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I know there is a minuscule chance but if Lewis won they'd be leaving a lot of money on the table; although the reverse chemistry of Lesnar and Lewis at a presser would be funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,003 ✭✭✭✭rob316

He said he needs to starting going to the gym for an hour half a day before he can do a title fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,247 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Lewis is a hugely likeable guy but I would give him less chance than I've ever given anyone in a fight.

Then again I've been expecting that particular bubble to burst for a while so why not take the title shot and the big pay day. He may never get the chance again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Wow I didn’t know any of that.
    Jesus he was a fcuking headcase and piece of sh1t. I did read he said he was a sinner and the train hitting him was possibly gods punishment

Thats a cracking review

• Advertisement

Very unfair on Lewis. He deserves a proper title shot with a full camp. Hes earned it.This shouldn't be sanctioned, he took a battering for 3 rounds sat night and even said yesterday his vision is blurry and he has a broken finger.

Very unfair on Lewis. He deserves a proper title shot with a full camp. Hes earned it.This shouldn't be sanctioned, he took a battering for 3 rounds sat night and even said yesterday his vision is blurry and he has a broken finger.

I agree but he has a punchers chance. I wonder why DC is risking his Brock shot?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Shambles really. Main event for 230 should have been Woodley vs Covington but their bad planning resulted in sandwiching in a Woodley vs Till fight instead for 228 despite them crowning an interim WW champ only a few weeks before that. Its sad to see what's becoming of the UFC under the new ownership.

dulux99 wrote: »
    Shambles really. Main event for 230 should have been Woodley vs Covington but their bad planning resulted in sandwiching in a Woodley vs Till fight instead for 228 despite them crowning an interim WW champ only a few weeks before that. Its sad to see what's becoming of the UFC under the new ownership.
    Thats true and its sad that the GOAT Colby has to wait another few months to get crowned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Jesus. ****ing. Wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,593 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah the beast even said he wasn't ready for a DC fight. Beaming for him though that he got half a million new Instagram followers this weekend :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Not even 3 days ago Lewis said he wasn't even looking at a title fight because he doesn't have the cardio for it. Now, he has a title fight booked for just over 3 weeks from now. Ridiculous decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Not even 3 days ago Lewis said he wasn't even looking at a title fight because he doesn't have the cardio for it. Now, he has a title fight booked for just over 3 weeks from now. Ridiculous decision.

He also has a broken finger. Not to mention his boiling hot balls, who knows if they've even cooled down yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

DC mauls lewis at heavyweight and fights jones at lhw in the new year. calling it now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Battle of the black beasts. I love it.

They both must be getting a decent pay for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

I wonder if Buster Douglas ever suffered from hot balls...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

That is great haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    DC mauls lewis at heavyweight and fights jones at lhw in the new year. calling it now

Lewis knocks out DC, Brock Lesnar, then Jon Jones and becomes the GOAT. calling it now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,247 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Big Derrick has the slimmest puncher's chance (funny considering he's far from the slimmest puncher). But fair fecks to him. He's been courting defeat for a while so this might be the only shot at the title he'll ever get.

He has bugger all chance of winning but he'll make a shlt load of money and I hope it sets him up for life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Dana: Derrik we want you to fight DC in MSG

Lewis: Sheeeeeeit I need to sit my fat ass down a while...

Dana: 750k to show, same again to win and PPV points.

Lewis: ain't Nate Diaz on thar card? I'm in...

What kind of PPV will 230 make?

It won't get a million, will it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

What kind of PPV will 230 make?

It won't get a million, will it?

Nope anywhere above 450k would be great I'd imagine considering the struggle to get it together they also had nothing to promote the event at 229 did they?

• Advertisement

Nope anywhere above 450k would be great I'd imagine considering the struggle to get it together they also had nothing to promote the event at 229 did they?

Yeah, I'd agree with that assessment. Even though the beast is hot right now...

DC is not an amazing draw.

Do you think this means the DC V JJ is off the table now? DC will retire without a third installment/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement