Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Do you think this means the DC V JJ is off the table now? DC will retire without a third installment/

DC will fight again next year as planned I imagine. Jones is expected to fight someone else first Gus likely and then he'll likely get into trouble again ruining everything it's the Jon Jones way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

BTW, if they're pushing DC to fight I wouldn't be surprised if Lesner popped again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Officer999

• Registered Users Posts: 29,590 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Ffs haha wheres conor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Let Gaethje and Diaz bang !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

These last couple of weeks are taking years off my life. The drama!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

ricero wrote: »
    Let Gaethje and Diaz bang !

Diaz won't do it, said he will wait for Khabib.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,247 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Ush1 wrote: »
    Diaz won't do it, said he will wait for Khabib.

He would do it for Conor...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

dave1982 wrote: »
    Ffs haha wheres conor?

Conor has one month medical suspension

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Tony Ferguson isn't medically suspended and considering that he willingly agreed to a $5000 win bonus last week he seems the kind of guy to offer to step in so soon after fighting. Also Valentina v Joanna is back on for UFC 231 because why the feck not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Dana said Nate is definitely off the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Feel bad for Dustin, that should have been his coming out party.

Anybody have the deets on how many times a year Khabib is tested?

Khabib tested seven times - Conor tested 8

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

So Eubanks throwing her toys out of the pram for being pulled from UFC 230. In fairness, she should never be headlining that event and I'm glad that UFC saw the sense in the main event.
    She's a 3-2 for god sake and she going around as she deserves it. At least we get to see Valentina fight Joanna at UFC 231 on Dec. 8.

She's not a nice person :rolleyes:

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/10/9/17957750/sijara-eubanks-lashes-out-after-losing-main-event-spot-at-ufc-230

xbXtGNY.jpg

1dtx0SU.jpg

W1CEc6N.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,757 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Not condoning her reaction but I'd imagine she just lost out on a life-changing payday.

Aspen Ladd was on 16k/16k for UFC229. Eubanks probably made similar in her previous fights.

Had she been in the headliner for the MSG event she would have made serious money.

Knowing the UFC she'll be back on 16k/k16 whenever she fights again, in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Haha, I'd like to see how exactly she's planning on making the UFC regret it. The 3-2 nobody in the companies worst division. She'll be the one regretting it when the p45 comes through the front door

• Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I know she's losing out on big money but how can she says she deserves it with a straight face? 33 years old 3-2 in the worst drawing division.

White is petty, she can't draw a dime thats her cut for that outburst.

• Advertisement

They should have left it on, whatever the impression of it,it was a fight done with only 3 weeks away. Of course they'd be hit with Diaz Poirier fight now down, next month Valentina or Joanna could be stubbing toes. Makes sense that Sarje will be fighting Montano for #1 contender in the meantime I guess, UFC some crowd to create a mess.

Diaz V Aldo still a possibility apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 29,590 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Sounds like a great card if that is the co-main. Dana did say that Jones would NEVER headline another card right?!

Beersmith wrote: »
    Sounds like a great card if that is the co-main. Dana did say that Jones would NEVER headline another card right?!

We all know Dana never lies.

Also Cyborg vs Nunes is already announced for that card. I'd bet my mortgage Jones is main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Yeah I'm pretty UFC 214 was even after Dana said that.

Has to be for a title of course talk of DC being stripped ffs UFC, fight is big enough as it is!

No doubting it's the biggest fight available at 205 pounds but Gus has had one fight in 2016 and one in 2017 and Jon is...well he's Jon having one of these be made champion seems rash.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,334 ✭✭✭xtal191

Hope Gus kicks the **** out of him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Gus and Jones the 2 most inactive fighters in the UFC, won't be the same fight as the first one. I thought Gus won that. Fancy him to make it easier looking here and finish Jones.

• Advertisement

Gus and Jones the 2 most inactive fighters in the UFC, won't be the same fight as the first one. I thought Gus won that. Fancy him to make it easier looking here and finish Jones.

By the time Gus fights in December it'll be 5 fights in 3 years, that's not too bad in fairness.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement