Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Definitive Limerick Restaurant and Takeaway Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,783 ✭✭✭✭phog

sioda wrote: »
    Not the city but has anyone had food out in Joe and Jillys in Bunratty amazing brisket and chips for a tenner can't fault it and loads of outdoor seating as well.

Was there recently and was very disappointed with it, had the slow cooked brisket and a curry, both lacked flavour and thought the chips needed a kick too. Overall I though the meals were bland.

Our intention was to go back the following evening for their pizza but we changed our plans after trying their other dishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭sioda

phog wrote: »
    Was there recently and was very disappointed with it, had the slow cooked brisket and a curry, both lacked flavour and thought the chips needed a kick too. Overall I though the meals were bland.

Our intention was to go back the following evening for their pizza but we changed our plans after trying their other dishes.
    Feic I hate inconsistency the chips were fluffy and crunchy and the beef was pretty flavoursome but could have had more sauce had to be said the roll it was in was fluffy cloud soft and amazing tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭shanmo

Pizza recommendations please. I like the more authentic style and being able to customise toppings and cheese levels. Thanks

Pizza recommendations please. I like the more authentic style and being able to customise toppings and cheese levels. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

shanmo wrote: »

Casa Nova on high street.

• Advertisement

sioda wrote: »
    Feic I hate inconsistency the chips were fluffy and crunchy and the beef was pretty flavoursome but could have had more sauce had to be said the roll it was in was fluffy cloud soft and amazing tbh.

Chips needed a few more cooking minutes, beef and roll were good but tasted bland, sauce was good but not enough of it. Great potential but very disappointing for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,625 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Poorside wrote: »

Can't wait to be able to sit in there again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭adaminho

Poorside wrote: »
    Had it last weekend with Gino's peppper as well:D

How are people rating molls fish and chips? Is the fish good? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

shanmo wrote: »
    How are people rating molls fish and chips? Is the fish good? Thanks.
    Over priced IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

Waaay overpriced

• Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Waaay overpriced

From €13 according to their website. :eek:

https://www.limerick.ie/shop/molls-fish-and-chips

Over priced IMO.
    Waaay overpriced
    Comhra wrote: »
    From €13 according to their website. :eek:

https://www.limerick.ie/shop/molls-fish-and-chips

If the Fish & Chips are top notch then I wouldn't mind paying the €13 for them. I paid about a tenner in Rios recently and they ended up in the bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

Ass food in Limerick is over priced in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,625 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

CosmicFool wrote: »

Ass food ?

Went to NOM Treats for the first time since they reopened today. The new sundae menu is very good. Delicious creamy ice cream and a range of toppings! Really recommend if you're looking for a "treat".

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

This was mentioned on p. 610 but a big thumbs-up for Angel Dust on Thomas Street, a fantastic patisserie with excellent desserts.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

Has anyone tried happy dough lucky pizza in Dooradoyle. They've taken over the unit where papa John's pizza used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mtpayslips

Bella italia is opening at Greenpark near Punches Cross.

Mtpayslips wrote: »

Nice addition to this side of town 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Mtpayslips wrote: »

That'll be a nice addition to the area, sauce?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Jofspring

source wrote: »

They have a picture of the store front on social media. It's one of the units by punches.

source wrote: »

Probably carbonara but can't beat a classic Ragu ��

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Apt8

Went to Dolan's the other day, they have the place done up very nicely, great setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,687 ✭✭✭zimmermania

CosmicFool wrote: »

I agree,my donkey is losing weight because i cannot afford to feed him full rations anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭greenkiwi1

Does anyone know who is in charge of blocking off Howleys Quay Wednesday - Sunday evenings from about 6pm to 11ish. Barriers are put up either end which are manned by a workman at each end. So cost not cheap and it pretty much is only benefitting House and their staff/guests.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

greenkiwi1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know who is in charge of blocking off Howleys Quay Wednesday - Sunday evenings from about 6pm to 11ish. Barriers are put up either end which are manned by a workman at each end. So cost not cheap and it pretty much is only benefitting House and their staff/guests.

Had there not been proposal to close a few streets/temporarily pedestrainize them during covid to allow outdoor dining.
    Same has happened in a few of the cities. So probably council involved...

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

I heard there is a shadowy group of crypto rich, anti-car, Marxists responsible for this brazen interruption to civilised society.
    They even hacked the council website and posted it there:
    https://www.limerick.ie/council/newsroom/road-notices/temporary-closure-roads-facilitate-licenced-street-trading-outdoor

There is no knowing where this might end.

Manning the closure is a crazy cost to incur and as you say it only benefits one eatery.

TBH, when I saw it manned I thought it was for road maintenance purposes that it was closed for rather than Covid related

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭greenkiwi1

I heard there is a shadowy group of crypto rich, anti-car, Marxists responsible for this brazen interruption to civilised society.
    They even hacked the council website and posted it there:
    https://www.limerick.ie/council/newsroom/road-notices/temporary-closure-roads-facilitate-licenced-street-trading-outdoor

There is no knowing where this might end.

Have no issue with the temp road closure as was in cork last week but there a council facilitated closure benefitted like 10 different establishments such as Princes St. It was also done in such a way that they did not need permanent staff manning each end of the blocked section. If Howlets Quay is a council funded street trading area would be nice to see a few food/coffee trucks being also allowed to access the area.

Advertisement