Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Basil3 wrote: »
    Only on BA would someone buy a phone for a bargain, then want it replaced with an even better one :pac:
    I don't want a better phone. I want the same phone, new in box, without refurb on it, but Google have said they can't provide that.

Anyway, it's a moot point, I'll go to VF tomorrow.

I don't want a better phone. I want the same phone, new in box, without refurb on it, but Google have said they can't provide that.

Vodafone will send it off to repair limbo for weeks/months

take the google offer.

you will get a spotless phone that looks brand new

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djan

I'd strongly advise to go with google on the returns process. From experience, Vodafone's returns process routinely takes 3+ weeks without the coronavirus delays.

Regardless, the refurbishes items are in pristine condition and not full of scratches etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Conte..

glasso wrote: »
    Vodafone will send it off to repair limbo for weeks/months

take the google offer.

you will get a spotless phone that looks brand new

Brought a phone back to the Vodafone shop with a bad battery

The replacement failed shortly after, fired it in the bin

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Tango One

How did you go about contacting Google speaker failed on my wife's phone
    Was going to go the Vodafone repair route but the Google option sounds better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Tango One wrote: »
    How did you go about contacting Google speaker failed on my wife's phone
    Was going to go the Vodafone repair route but the Google option sounds better

https://support.google.com/store/answer/9004345?hl=en&ref_topic=3244667

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Tango One

I take it was a bot I was talking to over an hour to get to the point of a return. I went with the option to get one in two days buy they pre authorise your credit card and remove that went you return the broken phone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭youngblood

For any Google phone, Id highly recommend going through them than rather Vodafone

Google return policy is excellent, fast replacement, zero hassle
    I know Vodafone was cheaper for a while but I paid that price when I needed to return my pixel 3- Because I had bought through Vodafone, Google would only repair after inspection,
    If I had bought from Google they would have pre authorised my account and sent out a new device immediately and I wouldnt have been without a phone while they inspected it.
    Previous to that had only ever bought through Google and wont ever buy through Vodafone again- Their repair process is beyond a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Anjunadeep

I went for this offer a few months back and ported to Gomo this week. Since the move to Gomo, I find the phone losing its cell connection intermittently for a few seconds. Anyone else experience this issue?

• Advertisement

youngblood wrote: »
    For any Google phone, Id highly recommend going through them than rather Vodafone

Google return policy is excellent, fast replacement, zero hassle
    I know Vodafone was cheaper for a while but I paid that price when I needed to return my pixel 3- Because I had bought through Vodafone, Google would only repair after inspection,
    If I had bought from Google they would have pre authorised my account and sent out a new device immediately and I wouldnt have been without a phone while they inspected it.
    Previous to that had only ever bought through Google and wont ever buy through Vodafone again- Their repair process is beyond a joke

had an issue with one that I got for a family member. bought from Vodafone
    reported to google webchat, RMA was approved and the unit quickly replaced.
    never even considered contacting Vodafone.
    They just send off to an outsourced repair centre who are slow in normal times, never mind Covid times.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭ClaptonBay

Just to double check, Is this phone unlocked if I was to buy it from Vodafone? Gone back to 329 with Google store..

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Anjunadeep

ClaptonBay wrote: »
    Just to double check, Is this phone unlocked if I was to buy it from Vodafone? Gone back to 329 with Google store..

mine was unlocked anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

ClaptonBay wrote: »

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Del007

My 2 were unlocked

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

All Pixels in Europe are unlocked...

Fieldog wrote: »
    All Pixels in Europe are unlocked...

Not true. My Pixel 3 I had in the UK was locked to EE.

These Vodafone Pixel 3As are however unlocked. :)

Not true. My Pixel 3 I had in the UK was locked to EE.

These Vodafone Pixel 3As are however unlocked. :)

UK isn't Europe... :P

Wow, that's mad, didn't think any provider locked them here... :/

How cr@p...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭chases0102

How would this compare with S10?

I’m locked in contract for another year, but might sell it, buy this and make a bit of a profit.

chases0102 wrote: »
    How would this compare with S10?

I’m locked in contract for another year, but might sell it, buy this and make a bit of a profit.

Probably be a bit of a downgrade to be fair, S10 would be a better phone, the new soon to be announced Pixel 4A may give it a run for it's money... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

Wife's Pixel 3a is no longer ringing for incoming calls. Phone's barely two months old. Nothing seems to be working (haven't installed any new apps, tried hard reset, tried starting on safe mode etc etc). Music, apps etc works - so speakers work - it won't ring when a call comes, that's all! It's as if it's a software issue, but I can't see how it is and what could be the fix!!

I see a large number of people with the same issue here on Google Pixel phone support: https://support.google.com/pixelphone/thread/10048887?hl=en

Thinking if I should contact Vodafone (famously useless) or Google!!

positron wrote: »
    Wife's Pixel 3a is no longer ringing for incoming calls. Phone's barely two months old. Nothing seems to be working (haven't installed any new apps, tried hard reset, tried starting on safe mode etc etc). Music, apps etc works - so speakers work - it won't ring when a call comes, that's all! It's as if it's a software issue, but I can't see how it is and what could be the fix!!

I see a large number of people with the same issue here on Google Pixel phone support: https://support.google.com/pixelphone/thread/10048887?hl=en

Thinking if I should contact Vodafone (famously useless) or Google!!

get onto google on webchat (go back in last page or two for link)

after a factory reset that won't fix it they should replace it for you.

had the same issue

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

Yeah, don't waste your time with Vodafone. Go straight to Google. Google will offer an advanced replacement service where they give you a new phone before you post back your old phone. Great service.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

The charge port on my new (ish) pixel 3 seemed knackered , it was less than 5 months old , was about to try send it back to Google ,but read online about dirt building up in the port ,used a pin and a very skinny tweezers to remove a load of bits of compressed fluff and paper from the port ,perfect now ..
    Just saying. .like ...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Bodjhrjekekr

How is the video quality on the 3A?

JTMan wrote: »
    Yeah, don't waste your time with Vodafone. Go straight to Google. Google will offer an advanced replacement service where they give you a new phone before you post back your old phone. Great service.
    50 emails later we've had no joy with Google. Said temporary phone is no longer on offer, tough luck, post back the phone and we'll get you out a replacement.

Very frustrating trying to sort out a replacement phone when the new one only bought in February broke after only 8 or 10 weeks use.

very smooth process with google and no need for email back and forth - sorted it out on webchat in 15 minutes.

You're lucky so. They offered my dh a phone, then said he couldn't have one, that he'd have to pay for it and thye would refund when he returned the first one, then said he hadn't a card set up on his account, he was waiting days in between updates, then said they couldn't offer the phone, it was a temporary offer, so he has to post off the phone and won't offer any replacement.

It's going on about 4 or 5 weeks now I'd say. I posted here about it at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

You're lucky so. They offered my dh a phone, then said he couldn't have one, that he'd have to pay for it and thye would refund when he returned the first one, then said he hadn't a card set up on his account, he was waiting days in between updates, then said they couldn't offer the phone, it was a temporary offer, so he has to post off the phone and won't offer any replacement.

It's going on about 4 or 5 weeks now I'd say. I posted here about it at the time.

I had a smooth process. I took the option to give my card details in advance. It's only a hold on the card. Otherwise I'd have had to send my phone back first. Got the replacement after a 15 minute webchat and arrived two days later

• Advertisement

sounds like they blackballed you for some reason.....

as said the card hold option is actually only so that they can offer you a faster/better service as the can send out a replacement immediately.

the second way they offer is a courier pick-up and then they send you out the replacement once that is received.

Advertisement