Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screwfix deliveries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭odoliam

My delivery has apparently arrived in the destination country for the second time.
    Guess it went on a short city break and ignored the non-essential travel guidance
    Maybe it's now actually here and out for delivery soon

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

odoliam wrote: »
    My delivery has apparently arrived in the destination country for the second time.
    Guess it went on a short city break and ignored the non-essential travel guidance
    Maybe it's now actually here and out for delivery soon

Don't get too excited... My package has arrived at destination country 3 times and even been out for delivery... Before arriving at destination country again.

Any day now...

aw hell

got a reply back from Screwfix to my "where is my parcel" question
    Got sent back 3......3!!!! tracking numbers instead of the 1 I had
    Oh dear, I have no hope left now!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭fabo1thecross

I found the parcel force tracking number no good. And the gls one only slightly better. I rang gls in knock and got a lovely person after being on hold for a while. She said the problem with my package was paper work missing on parcel forces end. And we’re chasing it. Once it appeared on the gls tracking site as being in knock I had it two days later. Ordered on the 12th Jan and delivered on the 2nd feb.
    Afraid to order anything at the minute.

• Advertisement

hold the phone.....1 of the 3 is now marked "released from customs"
    I'll probably get the sanding papers and not the sander! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Over a week since tracking has marked it delivered to REF: SCREWFIX RETURNS and no communication from Screwfix on what's happening. Replied to an original email thread with Screwfix support last week and got nothing back so opened a new one just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Update here: Screwfix rang this morning to confirm that there were data complications when exporting and that the parcel was returned to them. They said this is now 100% sorted and they shouldn't be seeing the same delays from now. They gave me the option of refunding or resending. I asked them to resend and they put €40 credit on my account for the inconvenience. Interestingly, can only be redeemed via phone order or in store, not online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭purple hands

Ordered on 19th Jan, split into three shipments on 20th, two reached Ireland on 25th but same tracking status since then of "Arrived in destination country" and the other not yet shipped with status of "Advised".

Maybe I should know better and it was obvious to others, but still seems a bit of a swizz that stuff ordered from screwfix.ie is coming from the UK. Will keep it properly local from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭phormium

Was thinking of ordering a small item today, are they any better now, have the initial problems being ironed out any bit?

It's just a hinge for a door but the only one any way local to me costs 38 euro as opposed to 17 on screwfix plus 5 for delivery, I'm all for supporting local but gap is too big! I'd like it asap though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭stratowide

Ordered on 19th jan.

Emailed them yesterday to see whats the story.

They emailed back today apologising about the delay saying to ignore the tracking situation and they will credit me back the money in 3-5 days.

Apparently its been sent back to their distribution centre due to ongoing custom problems.

Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

I've dealt with Screwfix several times and have had delivery problems with every order, to be fair this for the most part has been down to their couriers (GLS being absolutely hopeless), Screwfix themselves have been great helping out and sorting it each time without any hassle but they're way down the list and the last I'll use for anything urgent.

phormium wrote: »
    Was thinking of ordering a small item today, are they any better now, have the initial problems being ironed out any bit?

It's just a hinge for a door but the only one any way local to me costs 38 euro as opposed to 17 on screwfix plus 5 for delivery, I'm all for supporting local but gap is too big! I'd like it asap though!

If Lenehans have something similar, have found them to be very quick. Based in Dublin though.

Lenehans do but they are 35 euro plus postage I presume, they are out of stock of it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 ElderWanderer

My order of 8 January arrived after 2 weeks, minus 2 items. My 2 orders of 20 January arrived on Wednesday...kind of....as in the system said they were delivered.

I had 4 items in 2 orders. I got one of the 4 items, and one utterly different item. I spent half an hour on the phone to them on Wednesday, then had to do a circuit of 2 stores in Dublin today to collect the items I had actually ordered including the missing items from 8 January, and drop off the item which some poor punter is probably missing while wondering why the hell they got my three items. I was offered the option of getting the missing items delivered & the wrong item collected. Ummm....no thank you...

In summary, I'm ordering nothing else from Screwfix.ie unless it's in stock and available for collection at a store in Dublin. Quite simply not worth the hassle for anything which needs delivering.

If it's not in stock in Ireland, I'll either pay extra somewhere else or do without.

I've taken a chance on it anyway, let's see what happens :)

PS confirmation says it will be delivered within 2/3 working days, I live in hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

I ordered stuff.3 weeks later no sign. They gave me a refund without question. They know they whole thing is bolloxed.

Won't be ordering from them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

I ordered Stuff around Christmas they said Deliveries were taking a little longer I didn't mind as I wasn't in a hurry.
    It took 3 Weeks to arrive which was fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Ordered two items on 18th of January. Tracking had it leave uk and arrive in destination country on 25th.
    Then today I get an email to say my refund has now been processed :confused:

Two out of three parcels now marked as "released from customs". Getting somewhere...

• Advertisement

lol, getting so daft
    The 1 parcel released by customs, is still at that step for 4 days
    The other 2 have now passed that and have reached parcel center

It's like watching Big Brother at night time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Delivery times for screwfix were less than 7 days. Brexit has everything in a mess. Received my screwfix delivery today that I ordered 4 weeks ago.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Same story here, ordered 26th Jan, current ParcelForce status is "Delivery Agent - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF Released from customs".

I hope these are teething problems, otherwise it's just unworkable for the long term. A few days is acceptable, weeks on end is not.

"The parcel is expected to be delivered during the day."

Today might be the day...

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭wpd

ordered on the 25th Jan tracking says not even in the country yet

first time to use screwfix and i wont be doing it again

how did people get refunds I emailed them but got no reply?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭swampgas

I emailed Screwfix on the first of Feb asking for a clear delivery date, within a week, or a refund. Today I was notified that they are refunding me.
    This is for an order made in early January.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Lads..

User Screwfix only if it's available for click and collect.

Anything else then don't. Buy somewhere else local.

All the fingers crossed and here's hoping won't speed up anything. Couriers simply aren't delivering anymore and those that are have customs hoops to jump through . Irregular ferry times and a bunch of other paperwork.

You'd want to have all the time in the world to wait for stuff and if you do have weeks then grand knock yourself out. But hoping won't stop brexit having happened. These are the fruits.

Click and collect is great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Easy to blame Brexit, and it may have made things worse, but Screwfix delivery times were pretty **** to start with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Finally got the rest of my delivery, a week after receiving the first half. No more Screwfix for me!

However, have to give Toolfix in Dundalk a shout out. Absolutely bang on to deal with and very helpful. They'll be getting more of my business from now on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Brianmeath

There a complete disaster, I ordered parts in November and waited weeks for them to come even tough they said they were dispatched.

Advertisement