Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screwfix deliveries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

I emailed about the missing parts and in fairness to them they processed a refund without delay. I can't wait another fortnight for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Renno123

Ordered mouse traps on 19th September. Didn't get the delivery until the 20th October.
    I won't be using that site for a long time until they sort themselves out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Ordered stuff last week, sorry I didn't read this thread first. Looked at the order today and it still says "processing". The item was in stock all over Ireland and I thought they'd ship it from the nearest branch, not from the UK. Lesson learned

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

I ordered a window hinge at 11am Tue Nov 3rd. Received today Nov 16th. 13 days delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

I emailed about the missing parts and in fairness to them they processed a refund without delay. I can't wait another fortnight for it.

Received the missing parts today. Same picking/despatch note. Their systems and processes are in dire need of an overhaul!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,987 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Ordered on 1 November. Got an SMS about it within a week.

Then nothing. 2 weeks go by, looking at their website says "Fulfilled." Nothing here yet.
    Spent two days waiting to get through on the phone. Monday 23 November I finally did, was told they'd investigate that it should've arrived by now and the carrier is "GLS," not one I'm familiar with here in W. Kerry.

Got a call back - yes, it never shipped, so sorry, do you want a refund or for us to ship it again. I requested they'd re-ship.

They've clearly fallen on hard times, shame really they used to be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Stigura

Igotadose wrote: »
    Spent two days waiting to get through on the phone. Monday 23 November I finally did, was told they'd investigate that it should've arrived by now and the carrier is "GLS," not one I'm familiar with here in W. Kerry.

They've clearly fallen on hard times, shame really they used to be great.

See above.
    Stigura wrote: »
    GLS? Ali Babba's boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Ordered on 4th Nov, got an e-mail from Parcel Force on 18th to say it had been exported from UK, heard nothing more until I found it outside my door yesterday. No tracking outside UK it seems, won't be ordering again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Ordered the DeWalt Impact Driver in the Black Friday sale on the 23rd November, dispatched on the 25th and its gone through, Dispatch, Collection depot and Exported on the Parcel Force tacking so far. Not lightening fast but not slow so fingers crossed it gets to In delivery country soon enough.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,645 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Ordered the DeWalt Impact Driver in the Black Friday sale on the 23rd November, dispatched on the 25th and its gone through, Dispatch, Collection depot and Exported on the Parcel Force tacking so far. Not lightening fast but not slow so fingers crossed it gets to In delivery country soon enough.

me too, too good a deal to miss out tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭policarp

In fairness to Screwfix, I had a delivery from GLS yesterday. It left the U,K. and wasn*t scanned for 3 days.

They said short staff and Corona Virus cutbacks. Wait till Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Anyone buy in the last week or so ? Or know what their deliveries are like at the minute?

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭grassylawn

Long delays with most online sellers these days.

I ordered two frostwatcher heaters from ScrewFix before. I returned one of them because the knob was broken. I was pleased with their handling of the return

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭com1

Bullocks wrote: »
    Anyone buy in the last week or so ? Or know what their deliveries are like at the minute?

I ordered some stuff last week. Got notification of the order but nothing since. At this stage I am expecting aliexpress delivery timelines. Looks like our friends across the water didn't fully understand the consequences of their actions

Ordered on the 3rd
    Dispatched on the 5th
    Tracking says exported on the 8th
    No update since.

I want to order a towel rail off them but waiting to see if I get taxed etc,last order was 220e

I've been using plumbingproducts.ie
    Excellent but no free delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I ordered a few bits on the 21st of December, they were delivered on the 7th of January. I thought was perfectly fine delivery time for the way things are with post

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

If they use Dpd and dispatch from the UK, then expect delays.

Dpd UK suspended all UK - Ireland and UK - Europe shipments last Friday until today due to problems with paperwork.

But blame the fools in Whitehall. They made agreement Christmas eve, issued the guidelines December 31st, for implementing Jan 1st.

They use Parcel force/GLS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭muddle84

I was under the illusion that when you order in ireland its delivered from an irish store. The website is a pain as you have to keep changing your store if they don't have stock. So now it turns out they're shipping from the uk. I don't think i will order from them again now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Ordered 4th Jan, shipping notification 6th Jan, nothing since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sesame

Just cancelled my order from 10 days ago as I'm in a rush. Can anyone recommend somewhere quicker to get sockets and light switches?

Any electrical wholesaler.

I popped in to the Screwfix in Galway today as I was working beside it. The lad at the counter was pretty helpful and said that I would want to allow 10 to 14 days for any deliveries and that it would be February before this lead time gets sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

I popped in to the Screwfix in Galway today as I was working beside it. The lad at the counter was pretty helpful and said that I would want to allow 10 to 14 days for any deliveries and that it would be February before this lead time gets sorted.

Is there a Screwfix in Galway long? I saw the building there but didn't know it was open.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,645 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Sesame wrote: »
    Just cancelled my order from 10 days ago as I'm in a rush. Can anyone recommend somewhere quicker to get sockets and light switches?

Eurosales.ie

Bawnmore wrote: »
    Is there a Screwfix in Galway long? I saw the building there but didn't know it was open.

No, it only opened a few months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭A Law

Ordered on the 6th. Tracking has it waiting to be exported.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭game4it70

Ordered on the 3th. Tracking showing exported on the 10th.

Some ****e.
    Mine apparently left the UK on the 8th !
    Still not in the gls system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭mac_09

I've noticed with my last 2 Screwfix orders that I have received 2 emails from Parcelforce with tracking info - both with different tracking details. One just sits as "advised" or "in hub" and the other is the correct one!

Mine was exported on the 8th but no update of arrival into Ireland yet.

I think given everything if you need to get something in a hurry Screwfix isn't the option. If you are happy to wait a couple of weeks though then go for it!

Advertisement