Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screwfix deliveries

Options
  • 03-11-2020 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭

Anyone having massive delays with screwfix .

I order 2 grommet seals for a cistern on the 22nd of October . On the 29th it goes to GLS for delivery . It’s still in the uk.

Paid 5 euro ( madness ) for a 2 day delivery and still nothing .

Very difficult to get through their contacts to get any information . Even Royal Mail and an post would have been way faster .

Never again will I dawn their web page .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

Yeah. Ordered some garage shelving on 16th October and still no sign. Showing up as processed on webpage last few days so hoping its delivered this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Stigura

GLS? Ali Babba's boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

They used to be so reliable. It's a shame. Their website warns of delays but there's no excusing the length its taking.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Placed an order on Oct 27th and email I received said delivery in 2 days.I just checked the order and it's still progressing and now showing a delivery date of the 6th of November. If there are issues with deliveries then tell us, don't send me an email saying 2 days and then leave it in a warehouse for a week and keep pushing the delivery date out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

Had a few bits delivered about 1 month ago. Took just shy of 3 weeks from order to delivery. I wasn't in any great hurry but if I'd have known it would take that long I wouldn't have bothered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,645 ✭✭✭✭listermint

They've goin to the absolute dogs. I won't use them now unless I need the goods in a few weeks. Absolutely pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

All the orders since opening up after last lockdown are coming in from the UK. What used to be a 2 day turnaround is now taking 2 weeks ( plus)

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Idioteque

Same as the others. Had big issues with delayed delivery and then they split a delivery also which caused me hassle.

I haven't ordered with them since and am using lots of other places instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

dok_golf wrote: »
    All the orders since opening up after last lockdown are coming in from the UK. What used to be a 2 day turnaround is now taking 2 weeks ( plus)

Which is ridiculous as I ordered a mitre saw recently from a uk company and it arrived two days later and was much much cheaper than buying here.

monkeynuz wrote: »
    Which is ridiculous as I ordered a mitre saw recently from a uk company and it arrived two days later and was much much cheaper than buying here.

Where you buy from monkey?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I ordered a milwaukee cordless ratchet and grinder from toolden on a Friday morning and it was delivered Monday evening

Depending on items I have found the following very good: power tools uk for fantastic prices on a Milwaukee battery grinder cost with 2 batteries, fast charger and bag £230 ish, power tool world for festool ks60set with the angle finder etc. Cost including two day delivery was I think £770, prime tools and toolsense for Facom and Stahlwille handtools (other brands are available) (massive discounted prices more than 50% cheaper than caulfields et al)

I have tried Axminster a few times with varying success, Amazon can be useful for some things but not much.

I would dearly love to buy local or at least from Irish companies but when they’re often charging 50%+ and sometimes double then I just can’t reconcile my self to pay it.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

It seems the issue with screw fix is both screwfix and gls .
    7 days to process and another 7 out for delivery .
    That’s some courier service for ya.

Picked up a festool TS55 from ffx UK. Best price at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

On their website:

"We are currently experiencing delays with online orders due to demand. Your order may take longer than our usual 3-4 working day delivery service. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused and we are working hard to get your order to you as soon as possible. You will receive an SMS when
    your delivery is due".

Not great if so many are waiting a lot longer for deliveries.

They've opened a few new stores, Darndale & Swords Dublin and Galway according to the website.
    https://www.screwfix.ie/jsp/tradeCounter/tradeCounterPage.jsp
    If it's in stock and suits, click and collect is the only way to go.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    On their website:

"We are currently experiencing delays with online orders due to demand. Your order may take longer than our usual 3-4 working day delivery service. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused and we are working hard to get your order to you as soon as possible. You will receive an SMS when
    your delivery is due".

Not great if so many are waiting a lot longer for deliveries.

They've opened a few new stores, Darndale & Swords Dublin and Galway according to the website.
    https://www.screwfix.ie/jsp/tradeCounter/tradeCounterPage.jsp
    If it's in stock and suits, click and collect is the only way to go.

Or give your money to companies that can deliver on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 darraghwex

I ordered 2 things on the 25/10,got a email on 3/11,saying it was going out in the post,Still waiting,never again

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭tophurler

Similar enough experience, I can't see myself ordering from Screwfix again while they are using GLS as the courier. My last 2 orders sat on shelves in the GLS warehouse for weeks, despite making contact with the warehouse and being told it was being placed on a truck. Incredibly frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Was talking to a mate who's involved with a courier company (not GLS) and he said December is going to be mental for deliveries and he expects a lot of delays due to the number of people ordering online.
    Doesn't sound like it's going to get better, anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭fiacha

Order placed 26th Oct, shipped from UK via ParcelForce on 3rd Nov. Arrived today with half of the items listed in the parcel missing. Everything was loose within the large box so some of the plastic electrical boxes were broken by the heavier items.

This is the second order I've had issues with lately so I won't be using them again. I had to raise a case with Paypal to get my money back the last time.

Before the move to Irish stores happened their service from the UK was very reliable.

• Advertisement

fiacha wrote: »
    Order placed 26th Oct, shipped from UK via ParcelForce on 3rd Nov. Arrived today with half of the items listed in the parcel missing. Everything was loose within the large box so some of the plastic electrical boxes were broken by the heavier items.

This is the second order I've had issues with lately so I won't be using them again. I had to raise a case with Paypal to get my money back the last time.

Before the move to Irish stores happened their service from the UK was very reliable.

Dreadful. Another thing I noticed. Stock could be available in a diff county. Would it not make more sense to ship stock from say dublin store to Kilkenny rather than going through UK?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

I ordered a few small bits on 02.11.20. Received a text on 05.11.20 to say my order was being processed. No update since.

Its my first time ordering from Screwfox and unlikely I'll be doing it again. €5 for 2-3 day delivery. Very very slow.

I ordered some stuff from another domestic store in another county on last Sunday and received it on Wednesday through DPD.

Very shoddy from Screwfix. You'd expect given their size, scale and experience they'd be setting the standard on delivery.......

• Registered Users Posts: 27,053 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I picked up a few things from them in their Sandyford, Dublin store and it was quite handy, ordered online and available to collect within an hour.

However I think discovered secure all fastenings which is also in Sandyford (about 500m up the road!) and got the same stuff (plasterboard screws and mushrooms) for 75% cheaper.

Relying on delivery at this time of year during lockdown is going to be slow...

GreeBo wrote: »
    I picked up a few things from them in their Sandyford, Dublin store and it was quite handy, ordered online and available to collect within an hour.

However I think discovered secure all fastenings which is also in Sandyford (about 500m up the road!) and got the same stuff (plasterboard screws and mushrooms) for 75% cheaper.

Relying on delivery at this time of year during lockdown is going to be slow...

tbf alot of items are delivery only and not click and collect. which is a sizeable problem.

they are harming the brand i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Received my order a few moments ago. The clowns managed to leave out the most expensive item on the order despite including on the despatch note.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭fiacha

Received my order a few moments ago. The clowns managed to leave out the most expensive item on the order despite including on the despatch note.

I had the same. Send an email to online@screwfix.ie explaining the issue. My missing items turned up 4 days later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

listermint wrote: »
    tbf alot of items are delivery only and not click and collect. which is a sizeable problem.

they are harming the brand i think.

I almost bought some stuff from them during the week only to discover that 2 of the 3 items were click and collect only (they were small and perfect for posting) and my nearest branch is almost a 100 km away, great prices but I went elsewhere. Not a great business model in today's climate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Ordered end of October still waiting, thought they would be quick so place is in bits waiting on stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Normal One

I placed an order for a bunch of led bulbs on Oct 26th, order confirmation said delivery within 2-3 days :lol:

They were dispatched on the 3rd Nov and delivered in 2 parcels on the 7th and 9th Nov. So 14 days in total.

• Advertisement

That's scandalous.. no excuse for these delays

Advertisement