Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screwfix deliveries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

listermint wrote: »
    Click and collect is great though.

It is.. I have spent far too much in the last 2 months with them. Good service, good prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,645 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Marhay70 wrote: »
    Easy to blame Brexit, and it may have made things worse, but Screwfix delivery times were pretty **** to start with.

It's brexit.

Might have been poor before like a week or two poor. But this is brexit .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,987 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Marhay70 wrote: »
    Easy to blame Brexit, and it may have made things worse, but Screwfix delivery times were pretty **** to start with.

Screwfix were great a year ago. Never a problem, refunded things that broke quite readily, was always my go-to site for plumbing stuff.

It's Brexit and Screwfix not being ready for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Is the click and go service still available?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Patches oHoulihan

9 days since my order

A couple of plumbing tools
    Sealant tape
    Towel Rads
    Silicon

Might get them with the Easter Eggs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,645 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Is the click and go service still available?

Yes it is. Make sure the item is in stock for the store your going to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

It's brexit.

Might have been poor before like a week or two poor. But this is brexit .

Nope, were always very hit and miss, especially if there were 2 or more parcels in the delivery, get one and not the other, get the same parcel twice (box 1 duplicated but box 2 never showed) also had couriers delivered to wrong address then insisting it was delivered correctly, all pre Brexit.

Make sure the item is in stock for the store your going to.

None of the items I'm looking form are in stock :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

My order arrived just now - despatched on Jan 26th. Just to give folks an indication of how long it's taking. Surprised it came at all to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭odoliam

all 3 of my parcels arrived this week on Tues & Wed
    ordered on 19th Jan

now looking at a router and wondering if I should chance them again as nowhere matches the pricing!
    I'm in no rush, so can afford to wait :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭purple hands

Everything I ordered on 19th also arrived in dribs and drabs this week, plus some items I didn't order :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,754 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

I have items ordered since the 1st, that is saying "The parcel was released by customs" for a couple of days now, wondering whether they are expecting me to pick it up at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jpc53

The bit that I got on to them about was 3 day delivery advertised when the poor call centre staff know they are about to get grief. Would love to get the email of the people who run the website as they just draw people in based on lie's about delivery.

I did not even know what I was buying was coming from the UK, maybe that is something for consumer protection to do going forward. you shouldnt be able to have a .ie domain and then source stuff outside the EU without saying it is not coming from the EU. Anyway my released from customs is a ruse, GLS nor Screwfix could tell me if what I ordered in a very small box was in Ireland or the UK but that the customs had released the documents, when I asked which customs I was told good question not sure. If it doesnt some this week it should be with me in a week or two. If I could be bothered I would complain elsewhere but anyone thinking of buying something that you want to arrive in a month dont bother

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

I received one order in full and a partial delivery of a 2nd order yesterday.
    Both ordered on 26th Jan.

I am hoping that the rest of the 2nd delivery will arrive today...

Its not great - it is all about expectation though... I ordered connectors from LightInTheBox and am not expecting to see anything from them for 6 weeks even though I had to pay for delivery...

I found the GLS website status to be a lot more accurate than the Parcelforce link...

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭purple hands

Everything I ordered on 19th also arrived in dribs and drabs this week, plus some items I didn't order :confused:

Anyone's delivery missing some pvc-coated mesh panels?

https://www.screwfix.ie/p/apollo-50mm-pvc-coated-mesh-panel-610-x-910mm-10-pack/25659

No word back from Screwfix, but here might be quicker :pac:

11 days and still only at exported on parcelforce

All of the stuff I ordered was in a shop in Swds by the way available of Click and Collect

So go figure

Ordered on Feb 3rd ....released from customs on the 12th.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

They have a recent update on their website to try to explain it:
    BREXIT DISRUPTION – Service Update – 11.02.21

Screwfix Ireland is a registered Irish business with 12 stores in Ireland with more to come. When purchasing products for home delivery from our Irish website, screwfix.ie, the products are dispatched from our UK based distribution centre. This is done to ensure we can offer as many products as possible to our Irish customers at really great prices.

This process should be seamless but due to Brexit there have been significant changes that we, along with our delivery partner, have had to make to allow us to get your order to you. Unfortunately, we have encountered some unforeseen issues with the UK and Irish customs which is causing some delays to orders and in a small number of cases we are unable to deliver an item. This is due to the manufacturer of these affected products not meeting all of the new export criteria. If your order is affected by this and we are unable to deliver your parcel, then we will contact you. Please note that you will not be charged any additional duties or delivery charges.

On average orders are taking a minimum of 7 days delivery. Please see below for further details

For customers who placed an order between 1st January and 7th February and have not yet received it, please be assured we are working through affected orders to get your parcel to you as soon as possible
    For customers who placed an order on or after 8th February please allow a minimum of 7 working days to receive your order.
    We are very sorry if your order has been affected due to this situation and we’re working hard with our carrier to get your parcel to you as soon as possible.

some of my stuff arrived today.
    About half of the order

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

For people who are receiving their parcels, have the tracking numbers (Parcelforce or GLS) been any indication of where it was ant any given time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Bawnmore wrote: »
    For people who are receiving their parcels, have the tracking numbers (Parcelforce or GLS) been any indication of where it was ant any given time?

Nope. Useless on both ends!

my parcelforce trackers are still showing half way done.
    None of the items relate to an item either so I cant say what is what.
    So yeah, next to useless:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

To be fair to them, I found the GLS tracking link to be accurate. Delivery was very slow but the tracker did work for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Screwfix gave me an apology and a credit on my account for a late delivery.

To be fair to them they didn't ask for every Xenophobic Moron in Engerland to bring in Brexit and the resultant huge delays.

- I left the experience feeling sorry for them to be honest.

PS I'd order from them again if I was in no hurry as at least their Customer Service is reactive and genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,754 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

Yeah, in fairness they dispatched my order quickly. The frustrating part was the waiting and slow updates on delivery which is out of their control.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭myfreespirit

Ordered a Makita 220V saw on 5th February from screwfix.ie, it was delivered this morning, not too bad a delay really.
    It was showing as "exported from the UK" since 5th February on Parcelforce website until yesterday, so not sure where it was in the interim.

got the balance of my stuff today.

Reason to be cheerful!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

It looks like they have streamlined it as much as they can and that's where the 7 days is coming from. My order was placed on the 11th Feb and arrived into the country today, and immediately cleared from customs (both scans at the same time).

Should receive it tomorrow or the day after. That's ok for me given the selection and prices they offer. If I'm not in a rush I'll probably continue to buy off them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

Wohoo, just got my November delivery!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Mine arrived today as well. Originally 4th Jan, but resent on 5th Feb. Delighted.

Advertisement