Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking to buy/ sell a stick? ***READ HERE***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 battosai

Hello,

I would like to have dual mod for this stick :)
    somebody will be interrested to do it in exchange of some little money :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

battosai wrote: »
    Hello,

I would like to have dual mod for this stick :)
    somebody will be interrested to do it in exchange of some little money :)
    Is it for PS3 or 360?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 battosai

This is a PS3 stick.
    and I would like to be able to play with it on PS3/Xbox360

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    stuff

The stick is a present, so I'm keeping mine.

I need the cheapest combo of decent stick and dual mod. So I;m guessing that's a TE round 1 and ps360.

Might wait and get a Soul Cal stick and mod it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

The stick is a present, so I'm keeping mine.

I need the cheapest combo of decent stick and dual mod. So I;m guessing that's a TE round 1 and ps360.

Might wait and get a Soul Cal stick and mod it.

id still think kiki's suggestion of a qanba q4raf from gremlin soulutions your best bet,cost me e155 to get it to my door
    same parts as TE is but pc/xbox/ps3 out of the box at the flick of a switch
    plus the felt on the bottom is awesome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I was in gamestop today, eyeballing a Hori stick for PS3. Well, I say eyeballing, I really mean I was told about it, but didn't quite get the chance to see it. Aaaaaaanyways, apparently it packs a turno button somewhere. I don't use turbo, as I simply don't believe in it. Would I need to get this button disabled in order to use the stick at tournaments?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

deathrider wrote: »
    I was in gamestop today, eyeballing a Hori stick for PS3. Well, I say eyeballing, I really mean I was told about it, but didn't quite get the chance to see it. Aaaaaaanyways, apparently it packs a turno button somewhere. I don't use turbo, as I simply don't believe in it. Would I need to get this button disabled in order to use the stick at tournaments?

No.

Everyone who has a stick has turbo on it, people just don't use it, and it's a standard tournament rule that you're disqualified it you're caught using it (not just having it).

Other than that I'm afraid I don't know anything about the Hori.

No.

Everyone who has a stick has turbo on it, people just don't use it, and it's a standard tournament rule that you're disqualified it you're caught using it (not just having it).

Other than that I'm afraid I don't know anything about the Hori.

Dead on, man. It's just the turbo I was worried about. That's cool though. Cheers for the info.

deathrider wrote: »
    Dead on, man. It's just the turbo I was worried about. That's cool though. Cheers for the info.

Unless someone more knowledgeable comes in and gives their thoughts, I'd just say to make sure it isn't wireless because:

(1) Wireless is usually banned at tournaments because it can interfere with consoles on other games. This isn't heavily enforced, but it has happened and it's ridiculously annoying to have your tournament match ruined by some dude with an active controller rattling around in his pocket or bag

(2) It has more input delay than a wired controller

(3) Wireless signals can weaken in the presence of other frequencies

Just for those reasons I'd encourage you to only buy wired

• Advertisement

I appreciate the thought, man. I don't think I'd buy wireless, anyways. I'm an Xbox player (with a Hori EX2 stick), so the only reason I'm looking for a PS3 stick is for MK tournaments, as they are all played on PS3. So anything that would lead to to a bad tournament experience, means that the stick will be left on the self in the shop, lol.

Cheers again.

Wireless doesn't have more input delay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,226 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

hi anyone interested a brand new tatsunoku vs capcom fightstick for the wii?? bought 2 no need for the two but swaps considered?? looking for mortal kombat xbox 360 or whatever u have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

hi anyone interested a brand new tatsunoku vs capcom fightstick for the wii?? bought 2 no need for the two but swaps considered?? looking for mortal kombat xbox 360 or whatever u have?

PM Sent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭Ryuzaki

I'm looking for a Street Fighter 4 Madcatz TE stick if anyone has one? Really wanna get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭hdaniel

Ryuzaki wrote: »
    I'm looking for a Street Fighter 4 Madcatz TE stick if anyone has one? Really wanna get one.

http://www.sendit.com/games/games-accessories/madcatz-official-street-fighter-iv-round-2-fightstick-tournament-edition-xbox-360/10078674.html?switchcurrency=EUR

Its a good website,i have used it plenty of times

• Advertisement

hdaniel wrote: »

Thanks very much but I'm not going to purchase from there just yet. I wasn't really hoping to pay fully in cash. I'm also building a PC at the moment so I don't want to eat the budget. I was hoping to swap something for it aswell as some cash or something. :D. Thank you VERY much though, i'll probably have to resort to using that website ^^

hdaniel wrote: »

Would like to thank you again. I really appreciate you showing me that site.
    Just ordered it today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Any progress on my stick Kiki? Don't mean to sound impatient but I'm itching to get some practice in for Cannes. :D

Naphiel wrote: »
    Any progress on my stick Kiki? Don't mean to sound impatient but I'm itching to get some practice in for Cannes. :D
    I have exams from this until next Saturday :(

I have exams from this until next Saturday :(

Well don't worry about it till after them obviously.
    It's just I've been messing around with some new characters in KoF and some of these inputs are a nightmare on a pad.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Well don't worry about it till after them obviously.
    It's just I've been messing around with some new characters in KoF and some of these inputs are a nightmare on a pad.

Naphiel, are you on Xbox or PS3?

Joe has a PS3 TE I keep spare at his if you need to take a loaner.

Naphiel, are you on Xbox or PS3?

Joe has a PS3 TE I keep spare at his if you need to take a loaner.

Seriously?
    Thanks, I appreciate it. :D

Seriously?
    Thanks, I appreciate it. :D

No prob.

If he doesn't believe you just get him to text me.

Obviously I want it back though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

New TE: http://www.madcatz.com/soulcalibur/

Crossposting from the SC5 thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

That is a very pretty stick.

Do I need six sticks though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Yes.

The stick itself is nice but I'm not a massive fan of the artwork. Also can they please stop putting thoses stupid coloured buttons on the Xbox sticks. They ruin the look of every stick they are on.

I think it's nice and SC fans will presumably like it a lot. If I were buying a new TE any time soon though it'd be the Namco all-black one.

BTW I'll be putting my boxed, PS1+360 modded Namco up for sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Why didn't you sell it to me when I wanted to buy it! Now I can't afford to be buying extra sticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Chris IWS

Orim wrote: »
    Also can they please stop putting thoses stupid coloured buttons on the Xbox sticks. They ruin the look of every stick they are on.
    I'm trying to work out what I dislike more, the coloured buttons themselves, or the god-awful button layout that both Hori and MadCatz employ, with the X Y B along the top and such.

You could argue that at least it doesn't cost you anything to change the layout compared to having to buy new buttons to replace the coloured ones,
    but then if you're annoyed by little details like me, or lend your stick to people frequently at tournaments or casuals,
    you might get sick of explaining how your button layout doesn't match whatever default artwork is slapped on the stick during button checks.

Mini rant aside, I'm actually looking for a semi-decent stick to use on PS2. Kiki, assuming that "PS1+360" isn't a typo, lemme know what you'd be looking to sell it for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 thedude123

I am looking to buy a good stick for the xbox 360 or possible pay someone to mod my hori ex2. One of the buttons is unresponsive. Pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Darachnid

I've got 8 spare Sanwa buttons (6 yellow, 2 white) taken from a mvc2 MadCatz TE stick. Still passable condition if anyone needs them. Would swap for price of a Burrito. I might be at casuals on Sat, playing Blanka.... I'll bring them along. If not, reply here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

My brother has started to do mods for the MadCatz TE stick, from that to a Wireless MadCatz Hitbox Joystick.

here is the video of the stick he modded.

if there is any interest please post.
    ill get the pricing soon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAwX4lezzhM&feature=g-all-u&context=G2f20b65FAAAAAAAADAA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Ordered from Lizard Lick over a month ago and still havent got my stuff, they havent even shipped. Tried contacting them 4 times but nothing. With a bit of searching i found out there were alot of people in the same position. Im guessing they have gone belly up and are closing down. Im having to go through my bank under their online payment protection to get my money back.

So this is just a heads up to stay clear of the site if your ordering spare parts for your stick etc. Was gona make a thread stating it but it would have been a waste as people will probably look in here first.

They have not gone belly-up, but they are having trouble with orders.
    Why, I don't know.

This guy made 3 orders, received 2.

But I will agree that it's for the best NOT to order from them for the time being.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

They have not gone belly-up, but they are having trouble with orders.
    Why, I don't know.

This guy made 3 orders, received 2.

But I will agree that it's for the best NOT to order from them for the time being.

Enough trouble with orders that people who paid them in september of last year still havent been sorted out or given a refund and are being quite clearly ignored. Forums are rife with complaints and one look at their facebook paints a dim picture. If they aint winding down now they soon will be, their reputation is being shot to pieces and i for one like many others that have to go through my bank to get a refund im owed wont shop there again.

TE 1 for sale 100 euro??

WWE ALLSTARS brawlstick xbox360 brand new in box 35??? will try and hand deliver to you too!!

Qanba coming out with new reversible stick for lefties.

2012131152249407.jpg

http://qanba.com/newshow.asp?n_id=155

• Advertisement

That makes no sense, all sticks are left handed anyway. Right handed people just don't realise.

(some old machines had the buttons on the other side and they were unplayable by lefties, you had to cross your hands to manage it, whereas all my mates could use it fine :( ).

I thought the lefty "cross hands" style was more well known.

Seth Killian is a fairly famous example of it.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/does-being-left-handed-disadvantage-u-when-playing-with-honda.142060/

There's an SRK topic about it, with a picture of lefty "cross hand" at play.

I thought the lefty "cross hands" style was more well known.

Seth Killian is a fairly famous example of it.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/does-being-left-handed-disadvantage-u-when-playing-with-honda.142060/

There's an SRK topic about it, with a picture of lefty "cross hand" at play.
    Read the 11th post I'm with him- or closer to home, I'm left handed :)

Isn't Seth Killian right handed?

I'm left handed and I'd never dream of even trying to go cross handed.

Read the 11th post I'm with him- or closer to home, I'm left handed :)

That post makes an interesting point that right handed people may find it more natural to operate the joystick with their dominant hand.

I'm wondering if I could dash->U2 better cross handed....

It's a child hood memory but I am pretty confident a right handed person is much stronger with the buttons reversed than a lefty.

Also all safety scissors are made for ye lot. Made me feel awful bad as a small child to see my paper crumple up all the time, nearly gave me a complex.

• Advertisement

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Isn't Seth Killian right handed?

You might be correct actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

WWE ALLSTARS brawlstick xbox360 brand new in box 35??? will try and hand deliver to you too!!

I could be very tempted by this... It'd save me a ton of money for cannes and i could put Chun Li art on it... Would you be able to drop it into trinity sometime??

I could be very tempted by this... It'd save me a ton of money for cannes and i could put Chun Li art on it... Would you be able to drop it into trinity sometime??

I lve the far side of county Kildare! Wouldn't be worth my while going to town for 35 ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

There's a difference between cross handed and reversed.

Cross handed is "unnatural" and adds both a bit of a strain & your wrists get in the way of each other a bit.

A reversed stick is (obviously) a mirror image.

Though for a cross handed player, who is probably /accustomed to/enjoys the cross hand feel it may bring new problems.

The other issue is that since the dpad (before actually I suppose, with arcades..) movement control has always been a left hand job. Only with the rise of twin stick fps with lefty controls or older lefty mouse configs has it swapped over.

Also this thing.

vtech_v-smile.jpg

Here's your next project kiki. http://www.phreakmods.com/dual-modded-v-tech-vsmile

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

I lve the far side of county Kildare! Wouldn't be worth my while going to town for 35 ...

Ok, where would be the handiest place for me to go meet you? I can get the train/buses out of town without too much difficulty. It can't be this weekend unfortunatly because i'm away at Cannes but there's probably some day next week i can make it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement