Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

400+ Migrants Take Over CDG Airport, Demand A Stop To Deportations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

lol The Daily Heil.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Send them all back. They contribute nothing!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Send them all back. They contribute nothing!
    Yeah, f*cking airports, they contribute nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

lol The Daily Heil.

so its not happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

Nypost, Aol and many others also reported

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,837 ✭✭✭Cordell

They had them all in one place and they missed the opportunity to round them up and send them on their way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Let them protest; it's as french as cheese, wine and smoking.

But continue with the deportations.

This one's not complicated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

lol The Daily Heil.
    So it isn't true?

Or maybe it is:
    https://www.google.ie/search?source=hp&ei=zgboXJ33Jeui1fAP06qFuAs&q=migrants+charles+de+gaulle+airport&oq=migrants+charles+de+gaulle+airport

Takes up the whole first page of a Google search.
    I hadn't heard about it from the main news sources in Ireland, and it happened 2 days ago.
    500 illegal Africans storming a main airport in Europe and taking over a terminal would be considered big news in some areas of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭gw80

Its gonna get nasty here in Europe, again.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Remember OP, you need Pravda approved media for some users.
    The Guardian I think is one, but tbh no-one have given me a list yet so it's a bit unclear.

• Advertisement

Kivaro wrote: »
    So it isn't true?

Or maybe it is:
    https://www.google.ie/search?source=hp&ei=zgboXJ33Jeui1fAP06qFuAs&q=migrants+charles+de+gaulle+airport&oq=migrants+charles+de+gaulle+airport

Takes up the whole first page of a Google search.
    I hadn't heard about it from the main news sources in Ireland, and it happened 2 days ago.
    500 illegal Africans storming a main airport in Europe and taking over a terminal would be considered big news in some areas of the world.

The daily mail is one of the more respectable of the sites with this story. The first and second page of google turns up sites like sputnik, zerohedge, theblaze, infowars, Russia Today. The usual suspects, basically.

On the other hand, France 24 has a bit on it so this definitely happened.
    Hundreds of undocumented immigrants gathered at a terminal at Charles de Gaulle Airport in Paris on May 19 to protest deportations. The demonstrators called themselves the "black vests," a reference to the Yellow Jacket protests that have been sweeping across France for six months.

The protesters, many of whom are living in migrant shelters in the Paris region, called on authorities to grant migrants legal status in the country and allow them to bring their families. They also asked that Air France stop participating in deportations by flying migrants back to their home countries.

I don't agree with what the protesters are looking for but like I said earlier, protesting is quite common in France. They left peacefully and that was that.

I can't see this being successful anyway. You can't expect a country not to deport people who shouldn't be in the country.

biko wrote: »
    Remember OP, you need Pravda approved media for some users.
    The Guardian I think is one, but tbh no-one have given me a list yet so it's a bit unclear.

It's not a lot to ask for a source other than the Daily Mail. It whole raison d'etre is to peddle celebrity gossip and scare old people.

It took me no time to find the France 24 link.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It took me no time to find the France 24 link.
    Can I ask, does the two sources say the same thing, or is one lying and the other true?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

“France does not belong to the French! Everyone has a right to be here!” one person can be heard yelling into a loudspeaker.
    Well they're certainly bold I'll give them that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

SexBobomb wrote: »
    “France does not belong to the French! Everyone has a right to be here!” one person can be heard yelling into a loudspeaker.

I can never understand these people. If they don't like it in France (or any other European country), then go home. Nobody asked them to come. As the old saying goes, 'Give an inch and they will take a mile'

• Registered Users Posts: 16,136 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

SexBobomb wrote: »

And if one person said it I'm pretty certain we can extend that to all migrants, Hell to all brown people.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,187 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

To be fair to them you can't say they are not integrating into french society. There is a nothing a frenchman likes more than a good protest.

The daily mail is one of the more respectable of the sites with this story. The first and second page of google turns up sites like sputnik, zerohedge, theblaze, infowars, Russia Today. The usual suspects, basically.

On the other hand, France 24 has a bit on it so this definitely happened.

I don't agree with what the protesters are looking for but like I said earlier, protesting is quite common in France. They left peacefully and that was that.

I can't see this being successful anyway. You can't expect a country not to deport people who shouldn't be in the country.

Not the way the OP said they "Stormed the building" and your link said they gathered. From what I can tell they must have all gone there quietly and then changed into storm trooper outfits.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

I'd like if some journalists asked one of these folk why they believe France should look after them and their families. Where does this entitlement originate?

To be fair to them you can't say they are not integrating into french society. There is a nothing a frenchman likes more than a good protest.

If they were smoking a gauloise cigarette and looking down their nose at tourists you'd think they were french :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Oh yeah, that and surrendering.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,187 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Grayson wrote: »
    If they were smoking a gauloise cigarette and looking down their nose at tourists you'd think they were french :D

add a stripey jumper and a string of onions and they would blend right in .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

also call themselves GiletsNoirs - or black vests.
    Just as well they thought of that themselves :pac:

If anyone else thought it up, they'd be a wacist.

And if one person said it I'm pretty certain we can extend that to all migrants, Hell to all brown people.

No, I don't think we can, thats why the quote said "one person can be heard yelling..." and not "the migrants were heard yelling..."

Not the way the OP said they "Stormed the building" and your link said they gathered. From what I can tell they must have all gone there quietly and then changed into storm trooper outfits.

This is the reason people don't like garbage like the Daily Mail. This protest appears to have been relatively tame but these outrage-peddling publications would have you believe that all hell had broken loose.

This is the reason people don't like garbage like the Daily Mail. This protest appears to have been relatively tame but these outrage-peddling publications would have you believe that all hell had broken loose.

Well to be fair it is a fairly outrageous demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Garbage people. Coming from garbage countries. Turning Europe into a garbage dump…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

In my day if you wanted to be French, you joined the foreign legion and waited three years. You also changed your name because you were a generation X-er looking for an identity.

In my day if you wanted to be French, you joined the foreign legion and waited three years. You also changed your name because you were a generation X-er looking for an identity.

I'd change it to Apu de Beaumarchais

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Why don't we form a European Foreign Legion, where they get citizenship after serving for a number of years? A lot of European countries have national service so there must be a requirement for manpower in this regard.

Advertisement