Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

400+ Migrants Take Over CDG Airport, Demand A Stop To Deportations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

This is the reason people don't like garbage like the Daily Mail. This protest appears to have been relatively tame but these outrage-peddling publications would have you believe that all hell had broken loose.

lol. But yet when it's non stop exaggerating about how Trump has committed treason, or that has colluded with the Russians and needs to be impeached, you're fully behind the outage-peddling style of reporting you're taking issue with here, funny that.

Let me ask you, out of interest though, which part of the article it is that you would label as "outrage-peddling" and don't cop out and say all of it.

The headline and bullet points are:
    Hundreds of migrants occupy France's Charles de Gaulle airport, demand to meet the Prime Minister and call for an end to deportations
    • Some 500 undocumented immigrants occupied Charles de Gaulle's Terminal 2
    • They called on Air France to stop playing any part in the deportation of migrants
    • The group also asked to meet with the French Prime Minister over asylum policy
    • The protest was organised by the migrant support group La Chapelle Debout

Seems pretty reasonable and matter of fact to me, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Why don't we form a European Foreign Legion, where they get citizenship after serving for a number of years? A lot of European countries have national service so there must be a requirement for manpower in this regard.

We don't have a common defence policy.

Seeing as they're in France they could apply for the French Foreign Legion. Anyone who completes a five year contract with them gets French citizenship on discharge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

We don't have a common defence policy.

Seeing as they're in France they could apply for the French Foreign Legion. Anyone who completes a five year contract with them gets French citizenship on discharge.
    Yup that was what my post two up from the one you replied to was about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Immigrants or not, very French behaviour. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Yup that was what my post two up from the one you replied to was about.

Sorry, different page on my screen.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Where are they from? If it's some of the former french colonies that the French still rule through their companies and military I would have some sympathy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Why don't we form a European Foreign Legion, where they get citizenship after serving for a number of years? A lot of European countries have national service so there must be a requirement for manpower in this regard.
    Good idea. Send them off to fight in Mali instead of risking Irish lives.
    They'd know the language better as well, and the local customs.
    And where to buy the best hash, where to get the cheapest haircuts...they'd pretty much know everybody there already. Its a great advantage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

Why don't we form a European Foreign Legion, where they get citizenship after serving for a number of years?

You're thinking of "Starship Troopers" there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

When the next economic meltdown comes along there'll be hell to pay across Europe.

A load of jobless, economically stricken people with lots of time to kill won't look favourably on social housing given to nigerians/english/latvian/Indian/what have you, and jobs occupied by same will suddenly fall under ultra-scrutiny.

Yeah Irish people take social housing, but as contentious as it is, they're our "own" problem and won't receive the same scrutiny. Watch and see.

In other words once people aren't distracted with the daily grind, they'll look up from their feet.

A large non-indigenous, self-entitled population (as evidenced here), plonked into the center of the indigenous population...didnt we already go through this stuff countless times over the centuries? All that's needed is the spark of ramped competition.

Shamefully predictable and predictably disastrous.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

the welfare state and open borders cannot co exist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

the welfare state and open borders cannot co exist

That in itself could be a ticking time bomb.

There will no doubt be those people who will favour the abolition/degradation of social welfare (a very good thing for a society) in order to continue globalised immigration (read: impoverishment of many for the enrichment of few).

I've heard the term "managed deterioration" a lot recently, and this would be a prime example of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

How hard could it be to arrest a couple hundred people? And once you have arrested them, deportation should be quite easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

DelaneyIn wrote: »
    How hard could it be to arrest a couple hundred people? And once you have arrested them, deportation should be quite easy.

I think we are past the point where they should be arrested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

They had them at the airport, should have just put the exit sign over plane doors and sent them on their merry way.

Evacuate and Nuke CDG, it’s the only way to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

What in the fùck. Enough with the africans already, sick of the sight of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

beejee wrote: »

There will no doubt be those people who will favour the abolition/degradation of social welfare (a very good thing for a society) in order to continue globalised immigration (read: impoverishment of many for the enrichment of few).

I've heard the term "managed deterioration" a lot recently, and this would be a prime example of that.

All hard won workers rights since the industrial revolution are being stripped away in the name of progress with the left cheering it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭enricoh

Very unsatisfactory thread title op. - the mods will probably change it to - airports getting busy as summer approaches!

Please read the script -all migrants are great and enrich us!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

enricoh wrote: »
    Very unsatisfactory thread title op. - the mods will probably change it to - airports getting busy as summer approaches!

It would only take one mod to go rogue

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

Cordell wrote: »
    They had them all in one place and they missed the opportunity to round them up and send them on their way.

Schoolboy error really, just convince them all to occupy a plane seal it up and off to some shirt hole ...... pilots jump auto pilot to land

• Advertisement

Bobblehats wrote: »
    What in the fùck. Enough with the africans already, sick of the sight of them

That’s racist. They have as much, if not more right to be here in the EU than you or I do. Regardless of the fact they here in the EU illegally.

enricoh wrote: »

Engineers and doctors...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

Seems like they are fitting in well with the French protest culture.

Waiting for someone to suggest we should bring these lads to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

lol The Daily Heil.
    Are you insinuating this event didn’t happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

All hard won workers rights since the industrial revolution are being stripped away in the name of progress whith the left cheering it on.
    The ultimate "useful idiots".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

The daily mail is one of the more respectable of the sites with this story. The first and second page of google turns up sites like sputnik, zerohedge, theblaze, infowars, Russia Today. The usual suspects, basically.

On the other hand, France 24 has a bit on it so this definitely happened.

I don't agree with what the protesters are looking for but like I said earlier, protesting is quite common in France. They left peacefully and that was that.

I can't see this being successful anyway. You can't expect a country not to deport people who shouldn't be in the country.
    ...they left peacefully before the CRS unloaded on them...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

You're thinking of "Starship Troopers" there.

Service guarantees citizenship.

im-doing-my-part.jpg
    beejee wrote: »

If we make everywhere equally **** the problem is solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Be amazed if the continent avoids serious civil disorder in the next 30 years.

It's a ticking bomb with ever more resentful and concerned populations not being listened to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

You can't expect a country not to deport people who shouldn't be in the country.

I've almost zero expectation that the thousands of Chinese, Brazilian or Pakistani nationals who've overstayed on student visas (to attend bogus English language courses) will be sent packing any time soon.

Advertisement