Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

400+ Migrants Take Over CDG Airport, Demand A Stop To Deportations

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Yamanoto wrote: »
    I've almost zero expectation that the thousands of Chinese, Brazilian or Pakistani nationals who've overstayed on student visas (to attend bogus English language courses) will be sent packing any time soon.

Imagine the protests from the left. Like that Pamela Ize something or other from Nigeria, with her fake claims about FGM and faked medical history etc. Even when her web of lies was clear to all, they still supported her remaining here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

SexBobomb wrote: »
    Well to be fair it is a fairly outrageous demand.

I don't disagree. Failed asylum seekers should be deported as soon as is reasonably possible. The protestors were looking for something that shouldn't and wasn't going to happen.

lol. But yet when it's non stop exaggerating about how Trump has committed treason

Before I address your questions, you're going to have show me where this happened.

the welfare state and open borders cannot co exist

Only a fringe bunch of lunatics call for open borders. Is there any major in party in charge calling for open borders? If there are, I'll tell them myself how stupid they are.

Unless of course they're here where we can#'t call stupid people stupid.

Waiting for someone to suggest we should bring these lads to Ireland.

Anyone who would suggest that is one of those people you imagine in the shower after a mental feed of Gemma O Doherty videos or else they're that cul de sac troll.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

That was a great opportunity to round them all up and dump them far far away

Imagine the protests from the left. Like that Pamela Ize something or other from Nigeria, with her fake claims about FGM and faked medical history etc. Even when her web of lies was clear to all, they still supported her remaining here.

We had a thread on her. If you take a look, there was no one but the odd lula supporting her bullsh!t.

Anyone who would suggest that is one of those people you imagine in the shower after a mental feed of Gemma O Doherty videos or else they're that cul de sac troll.

Given that we ended up taking economic migrants posing as asylum seekers from the illegal Calais ‘Jungle’ camp it is not that far fetched, thanks to Zappone... so there is at least one of them in government.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

We had a thread on her. If you take a look, there was no one but the odd lula supporting her bullsh!t.

While in reality she had civic receptions held in her honour, after it became apparent she was a fraud.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    While in reality she had civic receptions held in her honour, after it became apparent she was a fraud.

Was that by that anti-racism gobsh!te? If it was by the state then that should be condemned. There's no question that she was just a fraud.

• Advertisement

“Ms Izevbekhai enjoyed widespread public support”

I suppose Alan Shatter was one of the odd lula?

But let’s rewrite history now that we know her claims were bogus.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

The French military should fly transports in and help the police detain protesters before loading them all on to said transports and drop them off in Africa , express

Gatling wrote: »
    The French military should fly transports in and help the police detain protesters before loading them all on to said transports and drop them off in Africa , express

All that I would add to that is that they be sent to their country of origin once their application is rejected.

I think that dropping an Afghani or Syrian in Nigeria would be a bit cnutish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

How is this any different to successive Irish governments lobbying against the cracking down on illegal Irish in the US?

People protest and oppose borders and deportation. You don't have to agree with it. But as usual there's the racial element.

Not easy to solve a housing crisis when the yearly net migration is higher than the total number of houses being built

“Ms Izevbekhai enjoyed widespread public support”

I suppose Alan Shatter was one of the odd lula?

But let’s rewrite history now that we know her claims were bogus.

Here's the link. It'll give you an idea of what people thought at the time.

Here's the link. It'll give you an idea of what people thought at the time.

That shows what some people on here thought and i’m sure there were plenty of supporters on here also.

She had plenty of high profile supporters in the real world. Your denials don’t change that, so please don’t waste my time or yours attempting to rewrite history any further.

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Not easy to solve a housing crisis when the yearly net migration is higher than the total number of houses being built

The dirty little secret that those who scream about a ‘housing crisis’ like to suppress.

That shows what some people on here thought and i’m sure there were plenty of supporters on here also.

She had plenty of high profile supporters in the real world. Your denials don’t change that, so please don’t waste my time or yours attempting to rewrite history any further.

That there was a consensus or a majority supporting her is a figment of your imagination.

That there was a consensus or a majority supporting her is a figment of your imagination.

Rubbish, there was widespread support:

“Pamela Izevbekhai’s case became a cause celebre for those who are uneasy about how the Irish State treats asylum seekers”

“On March 17th, 2008, her daughters led the St Patrick’s Day parade in Sligo, winning the hearts of those who lined the streets”

“Throughout the campaign, many in Sligo rallied to their cause”

“Fine Gael TD John Perry, who had welcomed Izevbekhai to Leinster House with party colleagues Alan Shatter and Denis Naughten in December 2008”

“Friends of the Nigerian mother of three said she was very upset by the ruling, while Amnesty International and the Residents Against Racism group criticised what they said were flaws in the asylum system. ”

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

It's worth repeating that over one in 5 families reporting as homeless in Dublin flew in here from outside the EU. It's almost like the homeless "charities" are actually recruiting these people to bolster the numbers.
    The CEOs/Directors/Board Members of the 70 or so homeless/housing organisations in this country have to be paid their substantial salaries; irrespective of where the homeless come from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Send them all to Waterford, a growing multicultural, working-class uptopia, with a university on the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Regarding the Izevbekhai case; it cost us over €1 Million fighting the various legal cases she brought against the State. The Gardai had to fly to Nigeria to prove she was lying.

It is one of the reasons why there are so many Nigerians in the country today. After that case, the Government pretty much gave up fighting the extraordinary amount of Nigerian asylum cases before the courts. We couldn't afford it back then.

It was crazy times back in those days. Welfare payments were being paid directly into Nigerian banks for Nigerian social welfare recipients here before the government decided to stop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

that's so racist

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

that's so racist

Quite the compliment

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Plenty of room over here in West Dublin

The more the merrier

Kivaro wrote: »
    It's worth repeating that over one in 5 families reporting as homeless in Dublin flew in here from outside the EU. It's almost like the homeless "charities" are actually recruiting these people to bolster the numbers.
    The CEOs/Directors/Board Members of the 70 or so homeless/housing organisations in this country have to be paid their substantial salaries; irrespective of where the homeless come from.

And if we had no homeless here, these people would be out of jobs, so there is no incentive for them to actually end homelessness, just apply temporary sticky plasters so they can continue along on their merry way.

Why do Africans think they have an automatic right to live in France? Can I move to Nigeria tomorrow and live there?

Left wing mentality. Tip of the iceberg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Plenty of room over here in West Dublin

The more the merrier

Just keep packing them in. Concentrate...

Muddy those waters until the leafier suburbs are truly distinguished as the regal white irish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Why do Africans think they have an automatic right to live in France? Can I move to Nigeria tomorrow and live there?

Terry McMahon did.

Advertisement