Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Colm and Lucy

Options
  • 20-04-2018 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭

Started on Radio Nova this week on breakfast. What did you think of their show?

What do you think of the new Radio Nova breakfast show? 92 votes

Like it
    0% 0 votes
    Dislike it
    7% 7 votes
    Don't mind it
    86% 80 votes
    Haven't heard it
    5% 5 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Kyle More

They're completely wrong for Radio Nova. In the beginning, people tuned in to Nova to get away from that type of generic chatter in the mornings. At this stage, I'd have more respect for the station if they re-branded and ceased peddling the illusion that they're still a 'rock' station.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Didn't listen will during the week but really feel that nova is just becoming a retirement home for 2fm presenters.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Kyle More wrote: »
    They're completely wrong for Radio Nova. In the beginning, people tuned in to Nova to get away from that type of generic chatter in the mornings. At this stage, I'd have more respect for the station if they re-branded and ceased peddling the illusion that they're still a 'rock' station.

LQ was doing a good job as i've said,and Greg , i could tolerate Dee too...that was most of the working day sorted...Now, just like the other pair in the morning i wont listen, nor to Miller as i find him annoying....and Dee loses out as i will have Zenith,TodayXM or PR on.....so theres nothing to entice me back to listen....

The whole thing just stinks of Hayes ego now...and it seems theres no one with the balls to stand up to him...

LQ was doing a good job as i've said,and Greg , i could tolerate Dee too...that was most of the working day sorted...Now, just like the other pair in the morning i wont listen, nor to Miller as i find him annoying....and Dee loses out as i will have Zenith,TodayXM or PR on.....so theres nothing to entice me back to listen....

The whole thing just stinks of Hayes ego now...and it seems theres no one with the balls to stand up to him...

True, he has been systemically destroying, sorry, transforming the station for quite a while now. It was never perfect, but it's gotten noticeably worse in recent years in terms of music policy. This new breakfast show is the final nail in the coffin of what was once a decent station.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

The whole thing is a cringefest. I've no idea what Kennedy brings to it, no idea. Heard Hayes and Horan pathetically trying to outdo each other yesterday. Lots of false laughter, etc. Did my head in.

The other two, aka Marty and Conor, were by no means the worst. They sounded like they got on with each other and the 'banter' seemed natural. Marty's 'hey man' shtick was a bit headwrecking. But compared to the new lot...:rolleyes:

As someone said just rebrand it and be done with it. RIP Nova.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

I actually agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,036 ✭✭✭✭neris

heard 2 minutes thrusday and turned it off then turned it on yesterday and seems lucys on a 4 day week and who ever was her stand in was about to start ****eing on about kids so turned off. ended up listening to Paudgies tv guide on fm 104 its so bad. id nearly be chuffed if they brought marty back

I’m a fan of Nova, let’s face it there is nothing else on the airwaves that is interesting enough for me(in Sligo) to change over, I listen on an Internet Radio! That’s changed this week with the new presenters, too much chat from them, his forced humour and her detachment from the music, so I’m out of nova till 10am. I listen to Pr now in the mornings, at least they are real rock!

zorro2566 wrote: »
    I’m a fan of Nova, let’s face it there is nothing else on the airwaves that is interesting enough for me(in Sligo) to change over, I listen on an Internet Radio! That’s changed this week with the new presenters, too much chat from them, his forced humour and her detachment from the music, so I’m out of nova till 10am. I listen to Pr now in the mornings, at least they are real rock!

And they dont drone on about babies..!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

Its pretty poor, and thats putting it midly. Like others have said, it could be any station now. No harm to Lucy but shes not a good fit. Talking about her past tv shows, westlife, babies etc etc. Be quiet and stick on a few tunes there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

zorro2566 wrote: »
    I listen to Pr now in the mornings, at least they are real rock!

What is PR?

planet rock

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Rochelle

Haven't listened and never will, but in general, what is the obsession with this male/female double act? Has there ever been one that was anything better than dreadful?

_feedback_ wrote: »
    What is PR?

Proper rock...........:)

Rochelle wrote: »
    Haven't listened and never will, but in general, what is the obsession with this male/female double act? Has there ever been one that was anything better than dreadful?

2 lads on FM104 breakfast and theyre just as bad

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Why does every station think breakfast radio needs a double act?

I heard about 20mins of it this morning... in that time they played one song.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Lucy going on about her tv show again today and then moved onto one of the Royal's going into labour today.

I'll be tuning out too. It's awful.

LQ just seemed to play songs when he was on. Didn't talk much and the show was better for it.

Also, why do they keep asking people to send in photos? Doesn't really work on radio. :D

neris wrote: »
    2 lads on FM104 breakfast and theyre just as bad

One of those two lads used to do shows with Colm. Colm never returned to FM104 after 2007

Can you imagine the boll0x talk in the morning about the royal baby....tsssshhh..:rolleyes:

Over three quarters of voters reckon that this show is rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Can you imagine the boll0x talk in the morning about the royal baby....tsssshhh..:rolleyes:

There was lots of it!!

whiskeyman wrote: »
    There was lots of it!!

Whats tomorrows chat..."Name the royal baby".....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Adiaga 2

i tuned in this morning just after 6 expecting utter muck and it didn’t disappoint. One of the best bits was when he said that Hank Azaria was dead. And not just dead, but dead about 3 years.

Irish radio is so bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Cominatcha

Adiaga 2 wrote: »
    i tuned in this morning just after 6 expecting utter muck and it didn’t disappoint. One of the best bits was when he said that Hank Azaria was dead. And not just dead, but dead about 3 years.

Irish radio is so bad.

That will be news to Mr Azaria and cast of The Simpson’s

• Registered Users Posts: 10,221 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Cominatcha wrote: »
    Adiaga 2 wrote: »

Irish radio is so bad.

That will be news to Mr Azaria and cast of The Simpson’s

And Mrs. Azaria

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jzot

Absolutely terrible.

I listened to Nova from day one and enjoyed both Pat and Marty (except the run with Ruth) programs in the morning.

This new guys are just plain boring. It feels like they have nothing to talk about, and their interactions feel so forced. Also, we get it Lucy, you have kids. Please talk about something else for 5 minutes. They are the radio equivalent of those friends on Facebook that you hide because you can't bring yourself to unfriend.

Their 'Celebrity Loose' segment is the final straw for me. If I wanted to hear about Kanye West and Kim Kardashian, I'd switch on Spin 1038 (or whomever it is that caters to that market). Many long time listeners like myself originally turned to Nova to avoid such ubiquitous drivel on breakfast time radio.

Their 'Celebrity Loose' segment is the final straw for me. If I wanted to hear about Kanye West and Kim Kardashian, I'd switch on Spin 1038 (or whomever it is that caters to that market). Many long time listeners like myself originally turned to Nova to avoid such ubiquitous drivel on breakfast time radio.

I could hardly agree more Kyle.

Bringing Hayes in was the single biggest mistake (imo) Branigan has made to the station, and Hayes bringing in LK was the second...the whole idea is tired

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Deusexmachina

Bringing Hayes in was the single biggest mistake (imo) Branigan has made to the station, and Hayes bringing in LK was the second...the whole idea is tired

Lucy Kennedy. No personality. No charisma. No sense of humour. No talent. No engagement. No warmth. Nothing interesting to say, ever.

Gets lots of jobs in the media.

Why?

Advertisement