Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TNG runthrough

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭Inviere

bluewolf wrote: »
    Aw i thought she was a good contribution and didn't bring anything down.
    I was wondering if she left herself or got kicked off all right

She was good, if not a little lacking in scope. She left herself, something I’d say she probably regrets because she seems to have continued to embrace Star Trek by continuing to go to cons etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,150 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

In The Captains documentary Patrick Stewart mentions she left largely out of boredom / not feeling utilised enough. She was spending entire days on-set where her only contribution was standing on the raised part of the bridge behind Stewart and Frakes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah, that was evident just watching those season 1 episodes; Yar rarely contributed anything remotely meaningful to episodes, to the point where even her funeral was a bit jarring, lamenting a crewmember barely acknowledged at the best of times.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I just watched the funeral episode last night, i just thought it was a bit hammy.
    Do you update these recordings every few months or what. In case you die. Wes you're so innocent and childish

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Gul dukat is commander tebok!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Gul dukat is commander tebok!

He pops up a few times in TNG I believe.

Marc Alaimo was a good actor.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭Evade

He's one of the carnivorous alien ambassadors in season one's the Lonely Among Us too.

The actual number of 'holodeck gone wrong' episodes, i would never go near one!!

The actual number of 'holodeck gone wrong' episodes, i would never go near one!!
    I bet that's the reason the Ferengi branded them as holosuites. Ferengi marketers wanted to get away from all the bad press associated with inferior Federation holodecks.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,895 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Evade wrote: »
    I bet that's the reason the Ferengi branded them as holosuites. Ferengi marketers wanted to get away from all the bad press associated with inferior Federation holodecks.

Nah... the reason we dont hear about the holosuite disasters is the waiver of liability non disclosure agreement you have to sign. You would need starship sensors to read the ferengi small print!

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Nah... the reason we dont hear about the holosuite disasters is the waiver of liability non disclosure agreement you have to sign. You would need starship sensors to read the ferengi small print!
    I don't know. Over seven years of operation on DS9 Quarks holosuites had two malfunctions that I can think of, Doctor Bashir's legally distinct from James Bond spy program and Sisko getting zapped when he was studying that Bajoran obelisk. The former was arguably not the fault of the holosuite.

I don't know. Over seven years of operation on DS9 Quarks holosuites had two malfunctions that I can think of, Doctor Bashir's legally distinct from James Bond spy program and Sisko getting zapped when he was studying that Bajoran obelisk. The former was arguably not the fault of the holosuite.

Vic was a Real Person as well though! he was able to chat to them over the intercom

Vic was a Real Person as well though! he was able to chat to them over the intercom

And a real life human ( for some reason) in the mirror universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,895 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I don't know. Over seven years of operation on DS9 Quarks holosuites had two malfunctions that I can think of...

That you know of!
    What about the one Quark hushed up cos the vedek didnt want anyone to know what program he was using...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

odyssey06 wrote: »
    That you know of!
    What about the one Quark hushed up cos the vedek didnt want anyone to know what program he was using...

Vulcan Love Slave III

That was by design wasn't it? There's no reason holograms that know they're holograms shouldn't be able to do it. It's just we're mostly used to seeing holograms that don't know they're holograms. The Doctor(s), Vic, and Lewis Zimmerman's assistant being the only Federation exceptions that come to mind.

That was by design wasn't it? There's no reason holograms that know they're holograms shouldn't be able to do it. It's just we're mostly used to seeing holograms that don't know they're holograms. The Doctor(s), Vic, and Lewis Zimmerman's assistant being the only Federation exceptions that come to mind.

I didn't think it was because they were so surprised about the intercom thing, but they did say he was built with a different matrix so maybe!

do you think these lads on the enterprise do shifts? like there is a disaster in 17 hours! we will reconvene in 6 hours! bring ideas! cool but can i have a nap first or something.
    or they are chilling in the bar and suddenly they must report to the bridge at once

do you think these lads on the enterprise do shifts? like there is a disaster in 17 hours! we will reconvene in 6 hours! bring ideas! cool but can i have a nap first or something.
    or they are chilling in the bar and suddenly they must report to the bridge at once
    There's three shifts per day, four for Jellico's brief command. If something big happens they call all senior officers to their stations because you probably don't want some lieutenant JG in command of the graveyard shift full of ensigns using their wealth of experience in a crisis or a first contact situation.

This lad playing riva. Hello

Apparently the actor himself was deaf as well and produced the episode. That's cool

This lad playing riva. Hello

Apparently the actor himself was deaf as well and produced the episode. That's cool
    This is probably a really unpopular opinion but I hate that episode. Riva's refusal to meet people in the middle with his being deaf is a really strange position for a mediator. I get what they were trying to do but like the DS9 episode where Vic's is taken over by the Mafia the execution was really off.

• Advertisement

This is probably a really unpopular opinion but I hate that episode. Riva's refusal to meet people in the middle with his being deaf is a really strange position for a mediator. I get what they were trying to do but like the DS9 episode where Vic's is taken over by the Mafia the execution was really off.
    meet them in the middle how?

meet them in the middle how?
    It's been a while since I've seen the episode but didn't they offer him a workable solution he refused to use?

It's been a while since I've seen the episode but didn't they offer him a workable solution he refused to use?

I don't think so. Pulanski said he was unable to get any surgery or use any tech to hear anything because of the way his condition was. He went through a bit of a 'everything is terrible my friends are dead and it's all my fault' phase but then troi talked some sense into him and he went off to mediate again

I don't think so. Pulanski said he was unable to get any surgery or use any tech to hear anything because of the way his condition was. He went through a bit of a 'everything is terrible my friends are dead and it's all my fault' phase but then troi talked some sense into him and he went off to mediate again
    I must watch it again then.

Poor miles. Does all the work to save dr pulanski and nobody says thanks, just rush out the door

I watched the episode. It was not using the obvious solution that annoys me, writing or a little text to speech PADD. There's a section on Memory Alpha that says there was supposed to be a scene where they explained that his family don't write for some reason but that doesn't really make sense. The scene in the lounge on the way to the planet is really badly done too. Riva is supposed to read lips but Riker and Data say things outside of his eye line that he understands. One thing I did like was the effect when the chorus is killed

His chorus hear everything and psychic it to him though right? I thought that's how it all worked. They only mentioned the lip reading when he had to rely on it

Troi says he reads lips when they're having dinner.

They've fairly overdone troi's highlighter on late season 2.
    Just throwing that out there.

I didn't realise the borg had a baby borg nursery. Creepy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,563 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

They've fairly overdone troi's highlighter on late season 2.
    Just throwing that out there.

I didn't realise the borg had a baby borg nursery. Creepy

Yep they did and the crew thought that Borg were actually born lol.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement