Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TNG runthrough

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

AMKC wrote: »
    Yep they did and the crew thought that Borg were actually born lol.

I had a chuckle at that!

Man when geordi got stuck on the alien ship and worf was all 'you will die with dishonor! you will not ascend to the 24th heaven!"
    and then they were like 'do you think he understood'
    there is no way i would have got that. i'd be like, well, worf has gone crazy again. aaaanyway can someone rescue me please.

Up the long ladder: god save us from the Oirish accents. some english lad putting one on. how did colm meaney not slap him. at least the daughter's is better

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Daith wrote: »
    Yep the flashing lights thing for directions was odd. What if two people were looking for directions?

I do recall the person who shows Riker how to use the arrows checks out Riker's ass.

Well, it looks like they were still at the flashing lights for directions in s2 e19!
    Evade wrote: »
    There's three shifts per day, four for Jellico's brief command. If something big happens they call all senior officers to their stations because you probably don't want some lieutenant JG in command of the graveyard shift full of ensigns using their wealth of experience in a crisis or a first contact situation.

Do you reckon they're ever too drunk to be called on shift. Like at one of their poker games

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭Evade

bluewolf wrote: »
    Do you reckon they're ever too drunk to be called on shift. Like at one of their poker games
    Not if they're drinking synthohol. I'm pretty sure the whole point of it is the adverse effects can be dismissed quickly. Guinan's stash of Aldebaran whiskey is another story.

Who watches the watchers: some pyscho dude is obsessed with shooting people with arrows, including picard, and his people are okay with that. no punishment or locking him up or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭Inviere

Who watches the watchers: some pyscho dude is obsessed with shooting people with arrows, including picard, and his people are okay with that. no punishment or locking him up or anything.

They were fairly primitive in fairness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,680 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Inviere wrote: »
    They were fairly primitive in fairness

Also, their entire belief system had just been turned upside down. I think we can cut the guy a little slack.

I actually really like that episode. You can see shades of it in Insurrection.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    You can see shades of it in Insurrection.

Blows Insurrection away imo

Bring back tasha yar

\o/
    s3e15!

much better hairstyle too. all sleek

\o/
    s3e15!

much better hairstyle too. all sleek
    That is such a great episode. The bridge redress and lighting looks really cool and I like the minor changes to the uniforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

And a real life human ( for some reason) in the mirror universe.

many holodeck people are based on real people - the doctor, Leah Brahms, etc.

• Advertisement

I don't think i had seen the Lal episode before :(
    I thought she'd end up pottering around somewhere instead of an emotional thing breaking her.
    Sob

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

That is such a great episode. The bridge redress and lighting looks really cool and I like the minor changes to the uniforms.

It always surprises me how early on that one is. It's season 6 level of quality but way back in s3!

It always surprises me how early on that one is. It's season 6 level of quality but way back in s3!

So I just watched it again (these threads will do that :p) and it really is an outstanding episode.. action, drama, romance, a moral dilemma, a harder Picard but still the same Captain we know and love underneath it... it even has a female Captain who I think served as a template for Janeway in several ways.

Poor ole Riker gets a pretty hard time though, and that's before the console explodes! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Patrick Stewarts acting in Yesterdays Enterprise was phenomenal as always

Not good enough damn it, not good enough!!!

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Patrick Stewarts acting in Yesterdays Enterprise was phenomenal as always

Not good enough damn it, not good enough!!!
    "Let's make sure that history never forgets... the name... Enterprise."

"Let's make sure that history never forgets... the name... Enterprise."

It's an epic scene alright...

I prefer Picard's line at the end when the Klingons order him to surrender... "That will be the day" as he then vaults over the tactical console and goes down fighting :D.
    That one sequence is far more effective and true to the character than "action Picard" from the movies.

Wesley even seems competent and professional at 1:43-1:55... This episode really did have everything :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Slydice wrote: »
    Sacrifice Everything! Make it so!

*cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough* :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

'The Defector'was also a great episode in season3. That look on Tomalaks face!

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Out of curiosity, are people rewatching the remastered versions, complete with the new FX? That's the version available on Netflix anyway, and was really surprised and pleased at how well the transfers looked when I did my own runthrough.

Such a shame the home release undersold, effectively mothballing the same thing happening with DS9 et al.

I'm watching whatever is on Netflix yeah. Looks good

• Advertisement

pixelburp wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, are people rewatching the remastered versions, complete with the new FX? That's the version available on Netflix anyway, and was really surprised and pleased at how well the transfers looked when I did my own runthrough.

God yeah, I don't think I could ever watch the SD versions again. The HD remasters are light years better.
    Such a shame the home release undersold, effectively mothballing the same thing happening with DS9 et al.

I know it was a costly excersise, but I blame the costs per season myself, for why it didn't do well. Most everyone bought their DVD seasons at 60/70/80 euro a pop. Then we're asked to buy them all individually again, for an even higher price? Had the remasters been priced at between €30/€50 per season, more people would have bought into them, and this the numbers would have been higher.

Secondly, physical media began to die at the stage blu rays were coming out...nobody was going to drop ~€600 on seven seasons of a 20 odd year old show.

DS9 would also probably be a lot more expensive to remaster HD with all the pew pew pew pew.

But it could be awesome....

^^ polishes up so damn well. Imo, it puts the effects of Discovery to shame

Got the introduction to lt broccoli today.
    Very good episode about being nice to people. Guinan and picard telling the lads to cop on

Also iiiii am the goddess... Of empathyyyy

I kind of agree with riker though. Should be a ban on holodecking your crewmates. Imagine some creeper was reconstructing you to get it on with. The therapy benefits are good but not worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Got the introduction to lt broccoli today.
    Very good episode about being nice to people. Guinan and picard telling the lads to cop on

Also iiiii am the goddess... Of empathyyyy

I kind of agree with riker though. Should be a ban on holodecking your crewmates. Imagine some creeper was reconstructing you to get it on with. The therapy benefits are good but not worth it

Well Geordi did it with Leah so...when you touch these engines you're touching me...

Omg maybe that's what he meant with "i fell in love in there once". Totally forgot

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Well Geordi did it with Leah so...when you touch these engines you're touching me...
    That was the computer taking liberties with Geordie's commands, Barclay's was intentional.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Oof, those Barcley / LaForge romance episodes. It's very glib to dismiss old media and how "you couldn't do that anymore", but it's hard to imagine how recreating a person in a holodeck and romancing them was EVER a good/smart/non creepy idea...

Well, it appears Vulcan Love Slave 3 is very popular in the 24th century.

• Advertisement

pixelburp wrote: »
    Oof, those Barcley / LaForge romance episodes. It's very glib to dismiss old media and how "you couldn't do that anymore", but it's hard to imagine how recreating a person in a holodeck and romancing them was EVER a good/smart/non creepy idea...
    Geordie's was accidental and I don't think it's implied Barclay did anything "creepy" unlike Quark when he tries to recreate Kira on DS9. I think Janeway was the only Federation character who intentionally created a holo-partner.

Advertisement