Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

Yip, heard it overhead, unmistakable sound of those engines - USAF C130 165353,could be heading for Brize Norton UK.

376675.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,076 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

In for the follow.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

I was on Ryanair flight FR8557 yesterday from Berlin to Dublin. We got to within an asses roar of the runway in Dublin when the pilot aborted the landing due to the wind and took us for a trip round the block for another go. What surprised me was the size of the fly around, although it was possibly necessary to let a few aircraft behind us have a go.

Is it possible to get flight paths from day old flights off Flightradar? I'd be interested to see just how far we went before trying again.

Reason being, I wonder if he hadn't made it stick the second time round, I wondered what the fuel situation would be for subsequent attempts. I remember hearing of airlines pushing pilots to save on fuel burnt by cutting back on the weight of fuel carried.

Can anyone give any insights?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭paulhardman

milltown wrote: »
    Is it possible to get flight paths from day old flights off Flightradar? I'd be interested to see just how far we went before trying again.

I can't say anything about the fuel situation, but I can help you out with a FlightRadar link:

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/fr8557#8b1b872

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,076 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I was on Ryanair flight FR8557 yesterday from Berlin to Dublin. We got to within an asses roar of the runway in Dublin when the pilot aborted the landing due to the wind and took us for a trip round the block for another go. What surprised me was the size of the fly around, although it was possibly necessary to let a few aircraft behind us have a go.

Reason being, I wonder if he hadn't made it stick the second time round, I wondered what the fuel situation would be for subsequent attempts. I remember hearing of airlines pushing pilots to save on fuel burnt by cutting back on the weight of fuel carried.

Thanks!

You can indeed do it. I do it all the time after a media induced drama.:D

Open FR and up top right beside "Bookmarks" there's a little clock symbol. Click that, enter the date and approx time of landing/approach. It will give you the playback. Then search for your aircraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Is anyone having trouble with airframes.org? I can't seem to get any results back from searches.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Thanks!

I was watching this flight live yesterday and listening on Live ATC. It levelled out at 3000ft. It went up near Drogheda which wouldn't be unusual.

Your pilot reported wind shear of +/-10/15 knots to the tower and tower was advising subsequent aircraft of this. Your pilot asked for the weather for Shannon as he said he'd divert if he didn't get down the second time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

I remember hearing of airlines pushing pilots to save on fuel burnt by cutting back on the weight of fuel carried.

Thanks!

airlines don't push pilots to take less fuel, airlines ask pilots for any extra fuel taken to be justified by a note on a load sheet and having a bad weather situation is definitely a very good reason to take on an extra ton or two

Pilots are still obligated to take their minimum reserve fuel which does allow for go-around, divert to alternate and holding for 30 minutes at the alternate

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Virgin America A320 N286VA turning finals at Shannon on delivery ex TLS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭Comhrá

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Is there something going on at JFK?

https://www.flightradar24.com/EIN105/8b66dc2

• Registered Users Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

That was just a small holding pattern. Nothing severe at all, not even a full loop (or square?)

Lots of reports of windshear

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Lots of reports of windshear

There was a good few go arounds around that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Just touched down at Dublin on delivery is new Ryanair B738 EI-FOG.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭Bsal

Nice reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Fresh with a super-accurate ILS system...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ohigg84

http://www.flightradar24.com/AFR373V/8b933ec

Is she going to New Roswell??

Apologies for my duplicate post. Typing error.. :)

ohigg84 wrote: »

Yep, on to Chicago first then the desert.

Quite upsetting:(

Sure is Carnacalla :(

:(
    Wonder how much it would be to buy it for scrap?

Would this be an accurate statement : "DUB arrivals use Shannon RWY24 more than Dublin's own RWY34?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Shannon757 wrote: »
    :(
    Wonder how much it would be to buy it for scrap?

Hey, let get some crowdfunding going :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement