Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon fire tv stick 4k Ultra £29.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

I just got onto Amazon and told I was in UK and they unlocked both my Firesticks.

Sweet.

Kudos to whoever mentioned it.

Unlocked??
    I ordered one on Amazon last Sunday, but it hasn't been dispatched yet.

Can you tell me why it would need to be unlocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kenyard

MrFrisp wrote: »
    Unlocked??
    I ordered one on Amazon last Sunday, but it hasn't been dispatched yet.

Can you tell me why it would need to be unlocked?

If you had an amazon.com account once upon a time it auto registers Amazon devices there as it existed before UK.
    It's not a big deal, just the original deal here was via Alexa and it caused a load of users issues.
    Also tonight they have the premier league on prime for UK. If you are us location it won't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

I got them on chat the other night and asked for uk prime access. I told them I was in Northern Ireland at the moment.

He said he couldn't do it, back and forth, was transferred to another agent who did it immediately and once i restarted it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

kenyard wrote: »
    If you had an amazon.com account once upon a time it auto registers Amazon devices there as it existed before UK.
    It's not a big deal, just the original deal here was via Alexa and it caused a load of users issues.
    Also tonight they have the premier league on prime for UK. If you are us location it won't work.

Ok, so I bought mine on Amazon UK.

It's being delivered to the UK. (AddressPal).

Then An Post will deliver it to me, probably next week.

So, would it already be set up for the UK? (Unlocked).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,823 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

joujoujou wrote: »
    Anyone knows if there's Met Eireann .apk working properly on firestick?

Hopefully not in google store. ;)

No idea but you can bookmark the ME site on Silk browser

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,150 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

_John C wrote: »
    com.twentyfouri.tvbridge.rte.apk is the apk file, this is not a link.

Heres what I did

Download apk file to phone. Here is the link :

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qs19ckwk78ycisw/com.twentyfouri.tvbridge.rte.apk/file

Install cetusplay on your phone

Use the cetusplay app on your phone to transfer and install the apk file to the firestick.

Just tried this via cetus play and it seemed to insall ok but the app is just a black screen when I open it. Anyone have a more recent apk or know if I've done something wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭_John C

Sleepy wrote: »
    Just tried this via cetus play and it seemed to insall ok but the app is just a black screen when I open it. Anyone have a more recent apk or know if I've done something wrong?

Ive same problem now, black screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Because there is something wrong. I had RTE .apk ver. 1.01 working perfectly until yesterday. Black screen since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

The RTE app is working for me using the mouse app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭larchielads

bromley52 wrote: »

Mouse app?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 24,150 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Not sure that'll help as when it's launched it's not showing it's GUI, there's nothing there to use the mouse app to interact with...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

mouse toggle is great, allows virgin media player (you also need the screen orientation app) and rte player (must use version last May) to work somewhat ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭_John C

Working again here as normal. Strange???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭batistuta9

It was working last night for me. I had trouble a couple of weeks ago with it, loaded up but videos wouldn't play. Clearing the data for it sorted it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭batistuta9

bromley52 wrote: »

That's the phone version you're using. This is one for android tv, works with the firestick remote.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

ITV Player working on demand for me, definitely no VPN or DNS settings.

Works on Fire Stick and the ITV Player app on my TV. Just have to login as a UK resident, use UK post-code.

batistuta9 wrote: »
    That's the phone version you're using. This is one for android tv, works with the firestick remote.

Thanks for the info. TV version working very well. Can't find the live TV section though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Same here, back to normal late last night. 1.01 for Android TV. Found 1.03 in the meantime, didn't upgrade though.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Troy McClure

Hi
    Please bare with me on this and I hope someone can shed some light. I am not the most technical with this stuff!

We have a 2014 Samsung smart TV on which the RTE player has stopped working. As there's an issue with these TV's not been able to use the new version of the RTE app I have bought a firestick to try and get it. (This seems to be a documented problem with older Samsung TV's).

I don't think this Samsung TV is android. Is this an issue? Anyway, I want to know

1. how, as simply as possible, I can get the the RTE app onto this firestick, and
    2. How to get the BBC app to work? also as simply as possible

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭yellowbear

Hi
    Please bare with me on this and I hope someone can shed some light. I am not the most technical with this stuff!

We have a 2014 Samsung smart TV on which the RTE player has stopped working. As there's an issue with these TV's not been able to use the new version of the RTE app I have bought a firestick to try and get it. (This seems to be a documented problem with older Samsung TV's).

I don't think this Samsung TV is android. Is this an issue? Anyway, I want to know

1. how, as simply as possible, I can get the the RTE app onto this firestick, and

Thanks

Someone posted this a while back.
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/qs19ckwk78ycisw/com.twentyfouri.tvbridge.rte.apk/file
    It works on my fire stick and has no ads.

I had xplore file eplorer on my firestick and sent it to it from the app on my phone. There are other apps you can get to transfer things over to it.

Theres also the downloader app.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/AFTVnews-com-Downloader/dp/B01N0BP507

I use getflix for bbc iplayer. You have to pay for it. Just Google it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭ThePott

Out of curiosity has anyone managed to use a VPN to change the region of Amazon Prime video through the stick?
    Not sure if it's even possible when it's linked to a UK Amazon account but out of curiosity.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

ThePott wrote:
    Out of curiosity has anyone managed to use a VPN to change the region of Amazon Prime video through the stick? Not sure if it's even possible when it's linked to a UK Amazon account but out of curiosity.

You can use vpn to change the region of the likes of Netflix on the stick.

Changing the stick itself from let's say UK to US requires you to change the settings on the stick itself. You will need to enter a US postcode. 90210 works perfectly. This will offer HULU, HBO etc aps. You will then need a vpn or smart DNS to use these apps. You can also view US prime but you will need to pay for this too.

I have a friend with two Firesticks on the same tv. One set to UK for iplayer etc and the other set to US for hbo etc

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭paul-2008

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    You can use vpn to change the region of the likes of Netflix on the stick.

Changing the stick itself from let's say UK to US requires you to change the settings on the stick itself. You will need to enter a US postcode. 90210 works perfectly. This will offer HULU, HBO etc aps. You will then need a vpn or smart DNS to use these apps. You can also view US prime but you will need to pay for this too.

I have a friend with two Firesticks on the same tv. One set to UK for iplayer etc and the other set to US for hbo etc

I was trying this the other day and couldnt get it to work - so just tried again, changed post code to 90210 and it accepted it - however i still cant find HBO apps etc - is there something I'm doing wrong? Do i need to use a VPN to even find the apps?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

paul-2008 wrote: »
    I was trying this the other day and couldnt get it to work - so just tried again, changed post code to 90210 and it accepted it - however i still cant find HBO apps etc - is there something I'm doing wrong? Do i need to use a VPN to even find the apps?

It's so long since I did this Memory fails. I think I changed the settings on my Firestick & either changed my location with Amazon or else I set up another Amazon account using a US address. US address & phone generator sites listed below

https://www.randomlists.com/random-addresses

https://fakenumber.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Batesout

Hi

Thanks

Had same problem with my TV, just delete the app off the TV, and add RTE player again ,the icon should be Red.

I went for a new account with a US address. I have UK prime but there's more available free in US coupled with crackle, nbc apps. I also notice a better integration with searching for things on homepage.
    You'll need filelinked to get all UK apps though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Lads anyone know if they sell firesticks in tesco ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭ThePott

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    You will then need a vpn or smart DNS to use these apps. You can also view US prime but you will need to pay for this too.
    Yeah I thought this was the case, thanks.
    I have prime but it's attached to my account with an Irish/UK address. I had the stick set up to an American account but don't want to pay for prime video twice of course. I have a lot of apks for the stick now I've changed it back to UK that work fine.

It seems it wouldn't be a great idea to change my UK account to US since I use it for orders. As an aside also thinking of getting a second stick atm.

• Advertisement

I have prime too on UK but I never watched anything on it. In fact I found a lot more on Amazon us for free that isn't on paid UK.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement