Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish bloggers..the truth coming out

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Febreeze wrote: »
    I will admit when I was on social media (Does Boards count?) I used to follow a well known Irish blogger. Looking back now I've no idea why as I used to be so embarrassed for them because they would go to extremes trying to post things. Advertisements the lot.

Now, on tattle life, turns out they've have now removed themselves from all social media platforms and from what I know, that was the source of income. Stupid if you ask me.

If you're going to put your life online, negativity comes with it unfortunately. No one ask for it personally but to use it and have no other means of income, that's sad in my opinion. Mind you, the people on tattle life are brutal and will attack left right and center so I steer away from it and look at the odd updates if I'm feeling nosey but I can see why this person deleted all social media's.

There's one family that moved to England. Jesus they are having an awful time online with who they claim are trolls

Who are the bloggers?
    They the family that blog there whole lives including kids?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

It's kind of a pity for the state of the world that there are some serious and interesting thinkers who write in online places and who have 7 followers, 2 at least of whom have personality disorders or love Aleister Crowley, and yet somebody with strange eyebrows who opines vapidly about the way things are and accompanies their musings with photos of their bikini bottom wedged up between their buttocks has 50 bazillion excitable admirers who cling to their every word. Like, why is it always bottoms these days? What happened to boobs? It's all about the arse. Boobs just don't have the intellectual cachè they should have.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,981 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

People really do hate seeing others getting things for free. I get that “influencers” can be annoying but they are easily avoided.

We’re not short on begrudgery in this country, that’s for bloody sure!!

I don't hate people getting anything for free.

What I've grown to hate is the "job title" of influencer. They are ****ing salesmen/women.

They are basically a glossy JML advert.

"Influencer". FFS - If they were ****ing honest and call it what it is, people would have more respect for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

It’s sad that young girls, even ones lucky to be blessed with good looks, that it has become normalish now for them to be getting things like lip fillers and Botox. I have seen some even claiming they don’t need it now, but by getting it now it will benefit them when they reach older age.
    Then the young men on the other hand, strutting around in their best tops or even no tops, chests out, looking at all these muscle/gym influencers. Most of them are not even playing sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Arghus wrote: »
    It's amazing how if you don't pay any attention to these people then they really don't bother you.

What about young impressionable kids? Young girls still trying to find their way and figure themselves out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

If they're not getting paid by Instragram then they have every right to get "freebies."

Without their content Instragram is nothing and the only reason these companies are putting their stuff is to advertise. So the companies get to advertise for free and Instragram get free content to profit off and the content creators get nothing? That's nonsense.

Seriously....how old are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I'm from Limerick and happen to know Sinead through my sister who mixes in the same circles.

Sinead is absolutely and unapologetically fake and full of sh1t. She does look at herself in the mirror with an undeserved sense of achievement. Kind of like one of these people who would call themselves a CEO of their own company if they were selling strawberries off a motorway exit. It's just that mentality.

I will say this though, she is full of sh1t and not a nice person, but she doesn't deserve this online tirade of abuse. No one does. They are lots of absolute c*unts out there in the world, she happens to be one, but she doesn't have a monopoly on that. It's part of life. People should calm down.

Seriously....how old are you?

Probably old enough to feel enthused by the activism springing up all over the world in these strange times, maybe a little anxious, but I totally get that as you all know, and likely to need this fabulous little fine line minimising bijou cream I have been using lately - look at how shiny and smooth it makes my buttocks - every warrior needs a soothing dab of this luscious salve. Click like, follow and share dear ones, mwah mwah!!

myshirt wrote: »
    I'm from Limerick and happen to know Sinead through my sister who mixes in the same circles.

Sinead is absolutely and unapologetically fake and full of sh1t. She does look at herself in the mirror with an undeserved sense of achievement. Kind of like one of these people who would call themselves a CEO of their own company if they were selling strawberries off a motorway exit. It's just that mentality.

I will say this though, she is full of sh1t and not a nice person, but she doesn't deserve this online tirade of abuse. No one does. They are lots of absolute c*unts out there in the world, she happens to be one, but she doesn't have a monopoly on that. It's part of life. People should calm down.

Hahaha! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Arghus wrote: »
    It's amazing how if you don't pay any attention to these people then they really don't bother you.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Influencers... couldn't influence eggs.

Gandhi, now he was a real influencer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Keyzer wrote: »

Gandhi, now he was a real influencer.

Never heard of him, did he have many followers?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Made one great movie, then you never saw him again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭The Wordress

What is worse are the companies who send these bloggers free stuff. I know a large department store local to me, who are constantly gifting these bloggers free stuff. It really leaves a sour taste in my mouth when I have to buy the same items at full price just because I don't plaster my life for all and sundry to see.

I also detest the Instragrammers who post up their daily lives with reams of pictures and stories of their children. Whatever about your own life, protect your child's privacy at all costs.

I really think there needs to be some kind of law about posting about your child without proper consent. If a child is not old enough to give consent for their lives to be plastered on Social Media, then it shouldn't be put up.

What is worse are the companies who send these bloggers free stuff. I know a large department store local to me, who are constantly gifting these bloggers free stuff. It really leaves a sour taste in my mouth when I have to buy the same items at full price just because I don't plaster my life for all and sundry to see.

I also detest the Instragrammers who post up their daily lives with reams of pictures and stories of their children. Whatever about your own life, protect your child's privacy at all costs.

I really think there needs to be some kind of law about posting about your child without proper consent. If a child is not old enough to give consent for their lives to be plastered on Social Media, then it shouldn't be put up.

Honestly I think one of the worst things is how children from infanthood have developed camera eyes. People of older generations are still wary of a camera, even if confident they still betray shyness in their body language under the camera's gaze. I see little videos now from all round the world of children playing to the all seeing eye. Their mammy or daddy are setting them up to do some cutesie thing and the kids eyes are on the phone in their parent's hand. There is something sinister in it. Words like dehumanising, transhumanism, dislocation, disembodiment, derealisation come to my mind but I cannot formulate them into a coherent theory of what I sense is wrong with making this Truman show of children's lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Simple think delete the fecking app, life will go on without it, used to be on Facebook(deleted it many years ago) and seen everyone living their best life on it you'd get depressed looking at them, delete the app and your free from all that s*ite people tell you how to live your life, you've one life live it love it delete the app

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Febreeze

bigpink wrote: »
    Who are the bloggers?
    They the family that blog there whole lives including kids?

Along with the 7 dogs they have. I don't condone any sort of vile behaviours towards them but jesus it's awful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Febreeze

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    I'd class boards as a form of social media, other forms seem really bizzare to me, humans tend to behave oddly on them

I would happily stay on Boards forever as my form of social media. It's more entertaining and also.... You can have a decent conversation

• Registered Users Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Never heard of him, did he have many followers?

He’s currently in Ibiza, strutting around with his chest out and top off, shouting ‘lads, lads, lads’ with a bunch of love islanders and Gary Linekar brother, and a load of bikini bimbos in the periphery.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Instagram is ok if you're creative, selfless and interesting.

The spiritual and new age woo blogger's are a pain in the preverbial too.
    Posting up quotes they found in a book, say something from Louise L Hay, Deepak Chopra or someone else and then expecting validation for plagiarism...

If someone wants to be interesting maybe they could come up with something original and not be stealing other people's work...

The Emperor's New Clothes comes to mind.

Imagine basing your life choices and direction on the ideology of some knob on Instagram who's basically a spoofer and more than likely he ends up in rehab and leaves a trail of destruction behind them.

They're another bunch of knobs, they ruin their lives and those around them and they go on a sobriety crusade and only a few weeks out the door from rehabilitation they're blogging about depression,drug addiction and new age woo woo.

Russell Brand is a prime example of someone who's off his Chuck and capitalising on his past and spouting off word salad to the masses...

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

Gruffalox wrote: »
    Honestly I think one of the worst things is how children from infanthood have developed camera eyes. People of older generations are still wary of a camera.

Babies have cameras shoved into their face the second they're born. It's terrible. All for a few likes on Facebook.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Even worse are the instagrammers who create a page with their kids name and then post as if it was the kid speaking.

People are also doing this with their dogs.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Of course it’s fine for a man to hold multiple interests but if a woman switches from talking about her mental health issues to beauty products she’s seen as shallow.

Mod:

Seeing as you seem to be unable to post in good faith about the topic at hand and are unwilling to back up your generalisations, do not post in this thread again.

The rest of you, cut out the sniping at other posters and stay on topic.

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Even worse are the instagrammers who create a page with their kids name and then post as if it was the kid speaking.

People are also doing this with their dogs.

You left out cats.

Mieow. ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 13,262 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

bigpink wrote: »
    I see there is a big swing in the last while to all the Irish Bloggers and influencers getting found out
    Many have been exposed lying in lockdown
    Also a new?(not sure) has been exposing the truth on them
    https://tattle.life/threads/sineads-curvy-style-1.5692/
    This a a blogger in my city so glad her horrible and greedyness is being told

Are you a blogger about eating lemons?

Honestly I think one of the worst things is how children from infanthood have developed camera eyes. People of older generations are still wary of a camera, even if confident they still betray shyness in their body language under the camera's gaze. I see little videos now from all round the world of children playing to the all seeing eye. Their mammy or daddy are setting them up to do some cutesie thing and the kids eyes are on the phone in their parent's hand. There is something sinister in it. Words like dehumanising, transhumanism, dislocation, disembodiment, derealisation come to my mind but I cannot formulate them into a coherent theory of what I sense is wrong with making this Truman show of children's lives.

Yeah.. While I can't explain it coherently either I totally agree with this..You'd wonder what kind of effect it will have in a couple of generations time..

In the hopes of gaining an insight into the female mind I'm currently working through that 37 page thread about that influencer in Limerick..yeah..I don't know what to say about it really..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Omackeral wrote: »
    JohnnyFlash just loves saying ''angry men'' over and over again and has a little tickle in his belly when EmmetSpiceland thanks it, which is always.

It's a gimmick at this stage.
    Omackeral wrote: »
    Because they're angry and resentful, dude.
    Thanked by EmmetSpiceland

You’re obsessed, lad. It’s getting, beyond, creepy at this “stage”.

The tide is turning…

Yeah.. While I can't explain it coherently either I totally agree with this..You'd wonder what kind of effect it will have in a couple of generations time..

In the hopes of gaining an insight into the female mind I'm currently working through that 37 page thread about that influencer in Limerick..yeah..I don't know what to say about it really..

I really don't think that is the female mind. It might be a look into minds obsessed by hair and fashion and body but that is probably a small portion of both male and female minds. I think life gives most people a lot more real stuff to be thinking about.

I really don't think that is the female mind. It might be a look into minds obsessed by hair and fashion and body but that is probably a small portion of both male and female minds. I think life gives most people a lot more real stuff to be thinking about.

It can't be coincidence that sites like that along with the magazine's and television programmes like loose women which contain ****ty gossip slating people's appearances are almost exclusively aimed at, and written by/presented by women.

I'm in no way saying ALL women, but quite a large percentage must be interested for the industry to thrive.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Likely very little of an effect. Humans adapt over time to new ways of societal and personal interaction, though the older generations find this difficult to fathom every single time. I mean take the example of what we think of privacy and the loss of it, but privacy as we understand or understood it was only "invented" quite recently. Pre the say 19th century people lived on top of each other for most of human history and only the rich or the mad/saintly/hermits could afford to have privacy, if they wanted it and most didn't. One might argue that personal privacy is not a particularly human trait, or need, or maybe even healthy for us.

Now of course these days the ability of corporations and governments to monitor so much, so much more easily and completely is another factor to be considered. Of the two corporations would concern me more. If you actually consider the average person's life the company they work for, the banks they deal with and all the things they need and consume are far more directly important to their daily lives than any government.

It's not the "female mind" thank christ. It's a subset of people, mostly women yes, but of a particular sort. It's about as indicative of the female mind as a PUA forum would be of the male. Not very, or only vaguely.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Has anyone any info on bloggers on Instagram worth a good browse, for a good laugh like :)

Advertisement