Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish bloggers..the truth coming out

Options
  • 05-08-2020 7:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭

I see there is a big swing in the last while to all the Irish Bloggers and influencers getting found out
    Many have been exposed lying in lockdown
    Also a new?(not sure) has been exposing the truth on them
    https://tattle.life/threads/sineads-curvy-style-1.5692/
    This a a blogger in my city so glad her horrible and greedyness is being told

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,541 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

People really do hate seeing others getting things for free. I get that “influencers” can be annoying but they are easily avoided.

We’re not short on begrudgery in this country, that’s for bloody sure!!

The tide is turning…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

I was reading something earlier, maybe from the white moose cafe that was exposing ones just back from red light countrys and out shopping. No quarantining.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

People really do hate seeing others getting things for free. I get that “influencers” can be annoying but they are easily avoided.

Lot of angry men (always men) on the Irish internet these days, Emmet. Worrying trend.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

It's not begrudging calling out lies and bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,356 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

It's amazing how if you don't pay any attention to these people then they really don't bother you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Lads, are you seriously saying that a man posted this:

“I used to follow her at the beginning when she did hauls etc, she was much more relatable, not at all anymore. My feeling is that she's very fake and a lot of it is an act, I do not like the boyfriend at all, seriously bad vibes from him. Pity, she was great.”

Or this:

“Oh Jesus those knockoff bags, can’t believe people are allowed to promote stuff that’s clearly a knockoff. You can tell it’s cheap tatt you’d find down a market somewhere”

Abel Ruiz wrote: »
    It's not begrudging calling out lies and bull****.

don't leave out the humblebragging..easily spotted and then pushed away

Is that a whole forum of "influencers" giving out about each other?..as much as I'd like to read through a 37 page thread of women bitching, it's going to have to wait until.. well, actually, if I've to fill out another bloody captcha with busses boards could actually lose me to tattle life or whatever it's called..

Lads, are you seriously saying that a man posted this:

“I used to follow her at the beginning when she did hauls etc, she was much more relatable, not at all anymore. My feeling is that she's very fake and a lot of it is an act, I do not like the boyfriend at all, seriously bad vibes from him. Pity, she was great.”

Totally dude

• Registered Users Posts: 11,130 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Am I no longer hip? I've actually no idea what any of this means.

• Advertisement

Oranage2 wrote: »

No, it’s them.

Lot of angry men (always men) on the Irish internet these days, Emmet. Worrying trend.

Usually SF supporters, often with a fetish for removing statues.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,824 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Jealousy is an awful affliction. And very strong with the Irish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Larbre34 wrote: »

A gift or free stuff sounds nice but when you have to pimp yourself out with no shame.
    They are so ungrateful and vulgar

• Registered Users Posts: 4,907 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Relax dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Larbre34 wrote: »

If someone is jealous of a blogger, jealousy is the least of their problems.

I was reading something earlier, maybe from the white moose cafe that was exposing ones just back from red light countrys and out shopping. No quarantining.

Yet pretending to be “STAYCATIONING!!!” Ching ching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

They all have lovely bottoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

I don’t see the issue. BloggersUnveiled went well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Oranage2 wrote: »

No, you're more hip replacement.

• Advertisement

Think she it's hard to avoid them when other people are sharing they

• Registered Users Posts: 6,434 ✭✭✭touts

I've met a few "influencers" in the past. Most are not very nice individuals mainly because they believe their own PR. But I actually feel sorry for them. Bar one or two most have zero knowlege of the real world and are not employable once their influencer days are past. One or two will make a go of it in PR or marketing etc but the rest are functionally useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I used to have a blog back in 1999/2000 (As in a blog on blogger.com, where the term came from). I remember all the Irish bloggers (that we could identity) meeting up for a drink once - there were 6 of us.

If only we knew then that talking shïte in public would become a paying profession in 20 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭AdrianBalboa

I find it interesting that there is such much hate coming from a predominately male website like this towards predominately female bloggers.

You can scoff at the bloggers and the influencers for getting free stuff and services but ultimately they are the ones creating content for Instagram and other social media pages, for free. They spend hours labouring over the content they release without remuneration, who can begrudge them for getting free meals or clothes?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,999 ✭✭✭Odhinn

bigpink wrote: »
    I see there is a big swing in the last while to all the Irish Bloggers and influencers getting found out
    Many have been exposed lying in lockdown
    Also a new?(not sure) has been exposing the truth on them
    https://tattle.life/threads/sineads-curvy-style-1.5692/
    This a a blogger in my city so glad her horrible and greedyness is being told

I couldn't name one, in all honesty.

I find it interesting that there is such much hate coming from a predominately male website like this towards predominately female bloggers.

You can scoff at the bloggers and the influencers for getting free stuff and services but ultimately they are the ones creating content for Instagram and other social media pages, for free. They spend hours labouring over the content they release without remuneration, who can begrudge them for getting free meals or clothes?

Did you bother to read the link in the opening post? The comments are clearly from women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭AdrianBalboa

Did you bother to read the link in the opening post? The comments are clearly from women.

I’m talking about Boards.ie. Another discussion in this forum has to do with abusing Laura Whitmore for trying to earn a crust.

Hours labouring over content?A pic or a selfie or talking into a phone

bigpink wrote: »
    Hours labouring over content?A pic or a selfie or talking into a phone

Theres time spent photoshopping too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,541 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I’m talking about Boards.ie. Another discussion in this forum has to do with abusing Laura Whitmore for trying to earn a crust.

You should “check out” the Radio forum, A.

Dr. Ciara Kelly gets dog’s abuse. Along with the likes of Mairead Ronan and Lottie Ryan.

The tide is turning…

Advertisement