Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

I'm also waiting on something from the US, sent on the 1st of April and the tracking is stuck in LA since the 3rd of April, so exactly 6 weeks ago...

I need this stuff badly for my business so I asked the sender to look into it but she wasn't even able to get a human on the phone.

I ordered the same stuff back in December which took a week door to door so these are crazy delays. I post orders out every day and it has been a bit of a nightmare (at one point An Post could only send to a list of 10 countries and I had to turn business away, now I am looking at running out of supplies before these arrive).

I haven't had any complaints from customers in the US so either they're all being super nice and patient or all the delays are with outgoing mail.

I hope my tracking page at least updates soon after 6 weeks but from reading here I'm also looking at serious delays when it lands in Ireland. My tracking number starts with CE and I'm normally able to track them via An Post when it gets to Ireland so hopefully it's the same case this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Darwin

Just wondering if anyone has taken delivery of packages recently that were routed through Heathrow? (LANGLEY HWDC). Mine has left Langley yesterday morning (handed to delivery partner), but no record yet with an post. I'm guessing there are significant delays this end too with the volume of parcels coming through.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭beautyqueen

Hi,

Has anyone received any parcels from NI?

Wondering how long it will take, it was sent first class recorded.

Thanks and hope everyone gets their items soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭beautyqueen

antodeco wrote: »
    I've 3 packages coming in from China.

2 of them shipped 12 March and have disappeared.

The 3rd of them arrived into Dublin 26 April. Still waiting for it to be delivered aswell!

Hi Antodeco,
    I ordered something from china early January and it turned up on my window ledge in mid April.

Really shocked because our postman never leaves anything outside (you couldnt where I live, it would be gone!)and there has been someone at home 24-7 since march 14th! But obviously they did.

I really thought it had disappeared forever and there was no tracking showing up for me at all. So I bet your packages will show up eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭sambucus nigra

Hi,

Has anyone received any parcels from NI?

Wondering how long it will take, it was sent first class recorded.

Thanks and hope everyone gets their items soon!

Royal Mail are really slowed down at the moment, I had one package that went missing entirely in their network in March and had to be replaced by the retailer. I have another item posted 11 days ago from UK to NI that still hasn't arrived.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

Royal Mail are really slowed down at the moment, I had one package that went missing entirely in their network in March and had to be replaced by the retailer. I have another item posted 11 days ago from UK to NI that still hasn't arrived.

I have had problems with Royal Mail also . 10 days UK to Dublin sorting.
    Once in Dublin it was next day.
    In fact I have had a number of next day deliveries via An post within Ireland.

Parcel Motel/ Nightline a horror story !!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Parkender

Having issues with a USPS delivery that has the last tracking as:

Your item departed a transfer airport in DUBLIN, IRELAND on May 4, 2020 at 8:26 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Looks like issues in processing through Dublin Airport. Amazon deliveries are here in no time at all.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I'm waiting for a small parcel from China. Shipped 25th March and according to the tracker on 1st May Shipment was loaded at cross border service point in Dublin.

Any thoughts?

SF eParcel delivery by any chance? I had "cross border point - Dublin" on 1st May but it turned out it actually only reached Ireland May 11th. Cross border point - Dublin was actually the Netherlands. I wonder are our packages travelling together!

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

Neither of my parcels have updated I've given up on them now, eBay has refunded me for one and the other I am asking for a refund on Monday,

They can't be that busy surely,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Parkender wrote: »
    Having issues with a USPS delivery that has the last tracking as:

Your item departed a transfer airport in DUBLIN, IRELAND on May 4, 2020 at 8:26 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Looks like issues in processing through Dublin Airport. Amazon deliveries are here in no time at all.

Yeah, you'll be waiting a while for that. If it's a tracking number starting with U or L then that's the final update you will receive on that package from USPS. You might get one from An Post whenever they scan it, but USPS will not give you any further updates if it's starting with U. So just a waiting game now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Fluppen

Below is the sort of thing you can expect at the moment. I ordered from the same company before without paying extra for faster delivery and had my parcel in two weeks, now it has been over a month and it is still in the air somewhere. Still, at least my parcel got to spend a month in Miami, which I hear is very nice :rolleyes:. The tracking has only been updated sporadically so anyone still waiting, don't lose hope, be patient, and expect a pretty battered and neglected parcel to arrive at some point.
    Moral of the story is surely, shop local and order from Ireland if at all possible :)

Due to COVID-19 please expect delays in delivering and tracking of mail and parcels.

Departed
    MIAMI UNITED STATES
    Thursday, May 14, 2020
    6:36 AM

ORIGIN AIRLINE CARRIER DEPARTED/UPLIFT
    Miami,US
    Thursday, May 14, 2020

Departed
    MIAMI, UNITED STATES
    Thursday, May 14, 2020

ACCEPTED BY ORIGIN AIRLINE CARRIER
    Miami,US
    Wednesday, May 13, 2020
    11:18 AM

Arrived
    MIAMI, UNITED STATES
    Wednesday, May 13, 2020
    11:18 AM

Mail Consigned
    Dublin, Ireland
    Wednesday, May 13, 2020
    12:16 AM

Arrived at Regional Facility
    MIAMI FL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    Saturday, April 18, 2020
    3:46 PM

Processed Through Regional Facility
    MIAMI FL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    Saturday, April 18, 2020

Mail Preparation
    Dublin, Ireland
    Saturday, April 18, 2020

ARRIVED AT INTERNATIONAL SERVICE CENTER
    ISC MIAMI FL (USPS)
    Saturday, April 18, 2020

INTERNATIONAL DISPATCH READY
    ISC MIAMI FL (USPS)
    Saturday, April 18, 2020

Shipment Accepted by the USPS
    MIAMI, FL 33152
    Friday, April 17, 2020
    3:31 PM

Shipment In Transit to Destination

Friday, April 17, 2020
    12:10 PM

Shipment Dispatched by US Carrier
    Doral , FL 33126-1114
    Friday, April 17, 2020
    12:03 PM

Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
    MIAMI, FL 33126
    Friday, April 17, 2020
    11:55 AM

Dispatched by US Carrier
    Doral , FL 33126-1114
    Friday, April 17, 2020
    11:55 AM

Sorted by US Carrier
    Doral , FL 33126-1114
    Friday, April 17, 2020
    11:36 AM

Scanned at Globegistics MIA Facility
    MIA Processing Facility
    Friday, April 17, 2020
    7:41 AM

Enroute To Regional Processing Facility
    Doral, FL 33126
    Tuesday, April 7, 2020
    8:49 PM

Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item
    MIAMI, FL 33126
    Tuesday, April 7, 2020
    4:54 PM

Shipment Information Received

Tuesday, April 7, 2020
    4:54 PM

Parcel data uploaded in GlobeTrak
    Doral, FL 33126
    Tuesday, April 7, 2020
    4:49 PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ka2

I ordered something on eBay from a seller in Lithuania on 3rd May. The last tracking entry is from the Lithuanian postal service on 6th May, which said the package has been shipped overseas. Nothing since. An Post aren't recognising the tracking number so it seems they haven't even scanned it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eiei0

3rd May ?? Most of us here are waiting for items posted in March or early April,
    Your way back in the queue :-D.
    ka2 wrote: »
    I ordered something on eBay from a seller in Lithuania on 3rd May. The last tracking entry is from the Lithuanian postal service on 6th May, which said the package has been shipped overseas. Nothing since. An Post aren't recognising the tracking number so it seems they haven't even scanned it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

The thread title says "An Post Delays", yet every single issue is with parcels from other countries where an post have no control.

And as above post by Fluppen shows, tracking cannot be relied on to give accurate information as all the responses are preprogrammed.

In a normal world, once its scans at the departure point, its in Dublin a few hours later. Whereas now it can sit for 3 weeks in the "departure lounge" waiting space.

Its something you just have to accept. I have a parcel coming from spain, the estimated delivery is 12-14 days. Usually its 5-6 days.

Do An Post not have a holding area this side though when say tracked items are held until scanned? My parcel left the UK on Tuesday 5th May according to Royal Mail but no scan since. There are at around 3 flights a day from Heathrow to Dublin so I'm thinking it is sitting here somewhere waiting to be scanned. Could it be the case An Post are giving priority to amazon deliveries, I just don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Darwin wrote: »
    Do An Post not have a holding area this side though when say tracked items are held until scanned? My parcel left the UK on Tuesday 5th May according to Royal Mail but no scan since. There are at around 3 flights a day from Heathrow to Dublin so I'm thinking it is sitting here somewhere waiting to be scanned. Could it be the case An Post are giving priority to amazon deliveries, I just don't know.

Amazon send trucks over to Dublin and an post only take responsibility from then. (hence amazon can send items with batteries, fluid etc as its goes by ship) The new dublin parcel sorting hub can process 24/7

Royal Mail depends on the service paid for. International standard takes up to 5 days normally. Add UK bank holiday last friday (VE day) and restrictions and you probably have another 5 days wait. Also I'm not certain royal mail parcels feed into An Post.

Didn't realise amazon use land and sea to ship over, that makes sense. RM parcels definitely feed into An Post (mine is a signed for service) as I have received parcels this way before. Could well be the case that when a scan says item left destination and handed over to delivery partner, simply means it is still in a warehouse at the origin airport, again I just don't know where the bottlenecks are.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

antodeco wrote: »
    SF eParcel delivery by any chance? I had "cross border point - Dublin" on 1st May but it turned out it actually only reached Ireland May 11th. Cross border point - Dublin was actually the Netherlands. I wonder are our packages travelling together!

Update on this. It arrived today! So seems came into Dublin on the 11th and was delivered today! All good!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Didn't realise amazon use land and sea to ship over, that makes sense. RM parcels definitely feed into An Post (mine is a signed for service) as I have received parcels this way before. Could well be the case that when a scan says item left destination and handed over to delivery partner, simply means it is still in a warehouse at the origin airport, again I just don't know where the bottlenecks are.

They use all kinds.

Take for example the majority of parcel coming into Parcel Motels NI hub are delivered directly by Amazon to Parcel Motel. No Royal Mail or nothing involved.

Lots more reliable too that way.

Royal pre-advises delivery of parcel usually a day ahead of actually delivering it to Parcel Motel. It's a right out nightmare.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Phil.x wrote: »
    I bought a tv from a shop in carlow mid April, from the tracking details it arrived in Dublin 12 sorting office the next day and is still there today, the worrying part is Dublin12 said it's now in Dublin15 sorting office and when contacted they said it's not here and when told what it was he said its definitely in Dublin12 and probably under a ton of boxes and to phone them again.

So at long last my tv turns up. Took best part of a month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

Anybody get anything from America yet

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Fluppen

My parcel from the States which was ordered early April has now passed through Dublin but it is back in the "in transit" limbo which, if the pattern persists, will last for several days/weeks.

If you think An Post is Slow .

On Tuesday 5 Th May I sent a parcel from Limerick To Dublin via Parcel Motel /Nightline .

It arrived TODAY 18th May.

The tracking shows it virtually touring Dublin with 19 entries on the tracking and weighed 3 times (It actually weighed 2Kg)

During this time I spent approx 2 hours on the phone holding and listening to waffle repeating over and over again telling me how good and efficient they are. Each actual conversation lasted about 2 mins telling me they would look in to the matter.
    Add in 2 emails and one twitter entry and you see how "efficient " they are.
    For me --Never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

yrreg0850 wrote: »
    If you think An Post is Slow .

On Tuesday 5 Th May I sent a parcel from Limerick To Dublin via Parcel Motel /Nightline .

It arrived TODAY 18th May.

The tracking shows it virtually touring Dublin with 19 entries on the tracking and weighed 3 times (It actually weighed 2Kg)

During this time I spent approx 2 hours on the phone holding and listening to waffle repeating over and over again telling me how good and efficient they are. Each actual conversation lasted about 2 mins telling me they would look in to the matter.
    Add in 2 emails and one twitter entry and you see how "efficient " they are.
    For me --Never again.

Sending with PM has always been a dumpster fire. Receive only, never send.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 reddev75

ED E wrote: »

Thanks for the heads up on pm.was always wondering about them.
    Now i know😀

ED E wrote: »

Thanks for that info . I had been using them for receiving for some time.

This was my first and LAST time using them for sending.
    Don't know if I will even continue using them for receiving any more either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

I just received a letter sized parcel from the US that was posted on the 07th of May. I'm still waiting on an update for my package however. It seems smaller sized packages aren't experiencing a delay with An Post.

That was pretty good going...my parcel "left" Heathrow on May 12th and still no sign. It seems anything coming through the UK, Heathrow in particular is a complete disaster. The holdups are definitely UK side.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Durtburd

That was pretty good going...my parcel "left" Heathrow on May 12th and still no sign. It seems anything coming through the UK, Heathrow in particular is a complete disaster. The holdups are definitely UK side.

That's bad news for me so, mine apparently left Heathrow on the 16th. An post havent scanned it in yet. Should have used parcel motel :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭addaword

Am waiting 7 weeks on two An Post deliveries. Hopeless.

Advertisement