Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Cinematic Universe general stuff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,988 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Haille Steinfeld in talks to take up the mantle of Hawkeye in the TV series.

She is a very good actor. Thought she was poor in Ender's Game but that was because it was a poor film but thought she was great in the Coen Brother's remake of True Grit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

She is a very good actor. Thought she was poor in Ender's Game but that was because it was a poor film but thought she was great in the Coen Brother's remake of True Grit.

She was also very good in last year's Bumblebee

• Registered Users Posts: 60,369 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Russo's saying they want to do the FF in the MCU.

The Russo's saying they want to do the FF in the MCU.

I wonder if Peyton Reed might have a go, didn't he have an idea for an FF movie before the Chris Evans version. The key is getting good writers who can handle the family dynamic and give everyone their due.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,917 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Spider-Man is back in the MCU
    The divorce Sony Pictures Entertainment and The Walt Disney Studios jointly announced today that Marvel Studios and its President Kevin Feige will produce the third film in the SPIDER-MAN HOMECOMING series, starring Tom Holland. The film is scheduled for release on July 16, 2021. As part of the arrangement, Spider-Man will also appear in a future Marvel Studios film. Amy Pascal will also produce through Pascal Pictures, as she has on the first two Holland-led films.
    https://deadline.com/2019/09/spider-man-kevin-feige-back-sony-pictures-1202746503/

• Registered Users Posts: 37,916 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Knew that was going to happen very happy with it

It would been a nightmare for the writers if Spider man got fecked out of the mcu

• Registered Users Posts: 5,165 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Suppose you have to take what you can get here. Great news for the MCU as Far From Home really put Peter front and centre as a leading character in the shared universe.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I love how 3 separate threads I'm subscribed to instantaneously blew up about the same subject :D

Amy is the Kingmaker.

So with her at Universal maybe a solo Hulk film can now be made with a deal bringing in a 3rd studio.

• Advertisement

Yes you have to give it to Pascal she must have done stellar work. Saved us from Avi Arad so she'll be in the good books for awhilem

• Registered Users Posts: 8,917 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

pixelburp wrote: »
    I love how 3 separate threads I'm subscribed to instantaneously blew up about the same subject :D

Yeah, decided to post in all 3 as they all seemed relevant to the news

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Knew that was going to happen very happy with it

It would been a nightmare for the writers if Spider man got fecked out of the mcu

That's a lie, no one knew what was going to happen.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    That's a lie, no one knew what was going to happen.

No one could say that with certainty. I didn't have any faith that the two companies would see sense.

It's a win for fandom pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭kerplun k

I’m looking forward to seeing some specifics of this new deal. I doubt Sony just rolled over and let Disney tickle their bellies.

Feige has such a soft spot for Spidey, I always believed an agreement would eventually be reached, I just wasn’t expecting it to happen so soon.

kerplun k wrote: »
    I’m looking forward to seeing some specifics of this new deal. I doubt Sony just rolled over and let Disney tickle their bellies.

Feige has such a soft spot for Spidey, I always believed an agreement would eventually be reached, I just wasn’t expecting it to happen so soon.

I'd say Feige is going to be a producer on the Sony spideyverse films as well so between this and his apparent star wars film, the guy is sorted for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I'd say Feige is going to be a producer on the Sony spideyverse films as well so between this and his apparent star wars film, the guy is sorted for life.

What is an "apparent Star Wars film"?

Feige was set for life long before Spiderman or Star Wars:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,257 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Slydice wrote: »
    Hrmmmmmmmmmmmmm

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

They're hardly doing a sneak entry using the Fox film all along? I thought that was going Direct to Netflix or streaming or something..
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_New_Mutants_(film)

April 2020 seems awful convenient

pjohnson wrote: »
    I've found it odd they didn't just cancel it. Its been reshot to hell and back from what was in the trailer BUT it was meant to be heavily based on Horror themes, the Strange movie is meant to also have horror themes. So maybe it'd work?

Be a cool way to start introducing them rather than just blasting in the full team.

Like Hulks snap caused some weird shít to start to happen some kids leading to the hospital/torture that was set to be happening in New Mutants. They could start to plant a few mutant seeds that way.

New Mutants gets a new trailer in January according to Boone

Bill Sienkiewicz has seen it and said it is still Horror based but more in line with MCU re. style than the Fox style.

I'd be very happy if it keeps horror angle and still wonder if it could be a "soft" intro to mutants in MCU.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

New Mutants has nothing to do with the MCU

• Registered Users Posts: 11,040 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

McLoughlin wrote: »
    New Mutants has nothing to do with the MCU

Im interested in how they play this. Might have no part in the MCU but I doubt they'll include anything that wouldn't align with the direction of how they are planning to introduce mutants to the MCU.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Im interested in how they play this. Might have no part in the MCU but I doubt they'll include anything that wouldn't align with the direction of how they are planning to introduce mutants to the MCU.

It seems to be accepted that if good will serve as a soft start to mutants entering MCU but if bad it will go the way of the other Fox Movies and be forgotten.
    Also speculation mutants might be softly "tested" in WandaVision and the Bucky and Falcon show.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,040 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

It seems to be accepted that if good will serve as a soft start to mutants entering MCU but if bad it will go the way of the other Fox Movies and be forgotten.
    Also speculation mutants might be softly "tested" in WandaVision and the Bucky and Falcon show.

That would be my expectation too. I think it won't connect directly into either MCU or X-men, for example they wont mention any other characters, but it won't be out of place with how Marvel plan to treat mutants.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

from what I've read/heard:
    - the other X-Men are gone and cut from the MCU
    - Ryan Reynolds deadpool has a chance of staying on board
    - these ones have a chance of being on board the MCU as an intro to the X-Men

This looks like it could be very self contained like maybe an experiment on Genosha or something.

A few actors in it who would be good additions to the MCU, I see Ryan Reynolds confirmed last week that Deadpool 3 was in development so they could use that to bring some character over depending on how well they're received.

Deadpool could just be transported to the new universe, with Cable et al. and actually acknowledge it to the audience.

Deadpool could just be transported to the new universe, with Cable et al. and actually acknowledge it to the audience.

He could but AFAIK there were rumours that there New Mutants reshoots were going to involve a Deadpool cameo. Those reshoots aren't going to happen now but they still could make that connection. A glitch in Cable's time travel Gizmo would be a good way of crossing universes.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,470 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I doubt they will need to explain Deadpool anymore than a throwaway 1-liner to the audience in Deadpool 3.

Also a re-run of the PG/R-Rated decision (hopefully AC is resurrected for this).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Advertisement