Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Cinematic Universe general stuff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,439 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The lead up to Civil War started on AoS last night.

‘Thor 3’ Finds Its Director in Taika Waititi
    Taika Waititi is in negotiations to direct “Thor: Ragnorak,” the third installment in Marvel’s “Thor” franchise.

The New Zealand native helmed several episodes of the TV series “Flight of the Conchords” in addition to writing and directed the vampire spoof “What We Do in the Shadows” and the indie comedy “Eagle vs. Shark.” Waititi, who’s half-Maori, also penned the script for Disney’s upcoming animated movie “Moana.”

Kenneth Branagh directed 2011’s original “Thor” and Alan Taylor helmed “Thor: The Dark World” in 2013. The first film grossed $449 million worldwide and the sequel took in $645 million.

Chris Hemsworth will return as the titular superhero. Tom Hiddleston (Loki) and Jaimie Alexander (Lady Sif) will be back to the franchise as well.

Kevin Feige is the producer. “Thor: Ragnorak” hits theaters on Nov. 3, 2017.

Waititi is represented by CAA and Manage-ment.

The news was first reported by The Wrap.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/thor-3-director-ragnorak-taika-waititi-1201608759/

Damage Control

Marvel Comics ‘Damage Control’ Adapted As Comedy TV Series By ABC
    Sometimes the most important super heroes are the ones behind the scene. Marvel Television is heading to the half-hour live-action comedy arena with Damage Control, a single-camera comedy project based on the Marvel Comics books, which has received a put pilot commitment from ABC.

Developed for TV by former Daily Show and Colbert Report executive producer Ben Karlin, Damage Control follows the overworked, underpaid, clean up crew of the Marvel Universe. Specializing in dealing with the aftermath of the unique fallout from superhero conflicts, they’re the ones who are in charge of returning lost ray guns to their rightful owners, help to reschedule a wedding venue after it has been vaporized in a superhero battle, or even track down a missing prize African parrot that’s been turned to stone or goo.

Introduced in 1988 and getting their first storyline the next year in Marvel Comics Presents, Damage Control has a recurring presence on the pages of Marvel Comics, and has been the subject of four limited series to date. Dwayne McDuffie and Ernie Colón created the concept. Notably, the outfit played a key role in the events of the 2006-2007 “Civil War” crossover,though they’re not featured in the upcoming Captain America: Civil War, loosely based on that arc.

http://deadline.com/2015/10/marvel-damage-control-tv-series-comedy-abc-1201566243/

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

YAY to
    Tom Hiddlestone coming back as Loki
    :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,190 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Waititi is an interesting choice, I've really liked his previous films particularly Boy and What We Do In the Shadows. He won't get too much creative freedom of course but it will be interesting to see how much he shines through and will certainly be a fair bit of a departure for him, though he will be well able to handle the humour side of things. Really hope he finds a role for Jermaine Clement too :)

• Advertisement

Marvel Announces Ant-Man Sequel: Ant-Man and The Wasp. Scott Lang and Hope Van Dyne are Slated to return July 6th, 2018.

http://marvel.com/news/movies/25244/marvel_studios_phase_3_update?linkId=17794833

11219395_1217846608231909_7955437054103837206_n.jpg?oh=00c975bc69042025ef95ff2019e61601&oe=5690E7F1

• Registered Users Posts: 13,866 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I wonder what the 3 untitled films will be, because i thought the MCU was finishing with Inhumans? Something tells me Marvel were hoping Ant-Man would do well, thus the 3 untitled films and other schedule timing changes due to it's success.

Also, no more Marvel films until May next year? Booooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

But what a good one it's going to be. :D

• Advertisement

Sure, it's only 7 months until Civil War

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

I wonder what the 3 untitled films will be, because i thought the MCU was finishing with Inhumans? Something tells me Marvel were hoping Ant-Man would do well, thus the 3 untitled films and other schedule timing changes due to it's success.

The MCU ain't gonna finish till those dollars stop rolling in

• Registered Users Posts: 12,941 ✭✭✭✭flazio

You're going to get Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D and Jessica Jones to tide you over until then. It's time to let the small screen shine for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,362 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Inhumans pushed to after Infinity War 2? Interesting move. Would have thought their film being before IW2 signalled their involvement in it.

As for the 3 untitled films, I'd say they're just placeholders until they see which of the next few films to give sequels to

I'm going to hazard a guess and say the July 2020 will be the 5th Avengers film, albeit with a somewhat new cast.

flazio wrote: »
    You're going to get Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D and Jessica Jones to tide you over until then. It's time to let the small screen shine for a while.

And Carter no?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,866 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Oh, don't get me wrong, Agents has starting brilliantly, and JJ looks promising, plus as Cork exile said, Carter is something to look forward to too, but they just don't quite compare to IMAX!

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I'm going to hazard a guess and say the July 2020 will be the 5th Avengers film, albeit with a somewhat new cast.

I doubt they'd have Avengers films 3 years in a row. Besides which, as it would be a new cast, they'd need a few films to set up the team in their own movies first

Those placeholders are for a Guardians 3, Panther, Strange or Cap Marvel sequels (should they do well) I imagine

Penn wrote: »
    I doubt they'd have Avengers films 3 years in a row. Besides which, as it would be a new cast, they'd need a few films to set up the team in their own movies first

Well the Avengers = $$$$$, and Marvel are in the money making business... And the kid from Iron Man 3 could take on the Iron Man role, with Tony doing a Hawkeye... I'm 100% sure Marvel have contingencies in place for when the main stars deals eventually come to an end..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

We should have another series of Daredevil before then too.

2018 is going to be a busy year with Panther, IW 1, and now Ant Man and Wasp.

If these new 3 are sequels I hope they hold off announcing the titles of the movies until after IW 2. Knowing which characters have an upcoming movie really take away from the risk factor (unless they do a bait and switch and have a new character take their title eg becoming Captain America. This would be near impossible to keep a secret up until the release date)

Well the Avengers = $$$$$, and Marvel are in the money making business... And the kid from Iron Man 3 could take on the Iron Man role, with Tony doing a Hawkeye... I'm 100% sure Marvel have contingencies in place for when the main stars deals eventually come to an end..

Yeah but the value of the Avengers diminishes if you had an Avengers film every year. The only reason the Infinity War films are one year after another are they're two parts of the same story.

After Infinity War Part.2, it'd likely be 3 years until the next Avengers film, with those 3 years being filled with films which set up the next Avengers film and introduce new characters to replace whoever leaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Yeah, the need to keep the novelty and "event" feel of the Avengers movies. They'll act like a shot of adrenaline to the MCU every time one comes around.

Yeah actually thinking about it, another Avengers film a year after Infinity War Part 2 would ruin the novelty/event feel of them..

Speaking off Avengers films, Marvel/Disney are going big budget wise for the 2 part finale.
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/10/08/avengers-infinity-war-parts-1-and-2-have-a-budget-of-one-billion-dollars/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
    the next two Avengers films, Infinity War Part One and Two, will have a combined production budget of one billion dollars.

Makes sense with what they are doing with AoS.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

that's pretty dissapointing if true would have loved to seen Blackbolt on the big screen

Sucks ass if true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

I wouldn't worry about the untitled films, you have to give Marvel credit for their expert planning. So I'm sure they have a plan, but revealing it might spoiler current plans.

I'm a betting man so if I was taking a punt, I'd say that a world reset will happen at some point. Doctor Strange will be an apt introduction to possibly explain such an event.

When I say reset I don't mean recast, just an alternative reality created. A world where Thor might be a woman and Captain America isn't Steve Rodgers, that sort of thing.

• Advertisement

Apparently the INHUMANS movie is still a go, contrary to the link i posted a few posts up..

http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captured/marvel-is-indeed-still-releasing-inhumans-to-theaters-in-2019
    I'll state simply that the rumor is not true. I went directly to an unimpeachable source, who told me that the film division is still planning to make the film, and there are certain elements of the "Inhumans" universe that have been declared off-limits to the "SHIELD" people as a result.

Advertisement