Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

MrMiata wrote: »

I'm starting out, and I know I'm spending a small fortune but I'm working flat out for the summer in a supermarket and decided to splurge.
    I also got a nice deal on the bike so I thought feck it, don't weight the bike down with cheap shoes!

Welcome to cycling. Wait until you're explaining to someone why you need that 6th bike, you know just in case the rain is coming from the east, but there's a southerly wind

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭new2tri19

Is there major delay on online deliveries at the moment ? need a couple of parts for the bike not sure who is the quickest with deliveries. Standard parts brake pads , brake cables and handlebar stem. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Not sure if I'd call it major but there is a delay - both in orders being processed and then the actual mailing time. I made five orders for stuff I needed last weekend (Galibier, Epic Bleed Solutions, Bike24, Bike Components and Amazon DE), I've only had shipping notifications from the first two.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Not sure if I'd call it major but there is a delay - both in orders being processed and then the actual mailing time. I made five orders for stuff I needed last weekend (Galibier, Epic Bleed Solutions, Bike24, Bike Components and Amazon DE), I've only had shipping notifications from the first two.

At 4k for the bike or more, I'd have expected time from him to explain it if I'm being honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,884 ✭✭✭cletus

Handlebar and grips from Funked Up. Good guys to deal with

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

new2tri19 wrote: »
    Is there major delay on online deliveries at the moment ? need a couple of parts for the bike not sure who is the quickest with deliveries. Standard parts brake pads , brake cables and handlebar stem. Thanks

I've had stuff from Wiggle and Merlin over the last two weeks, about 10 days from date of order in both cases so a bit slower than usual but nothing out of the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭MrMiata

smacl wrote: »
    I've had stuff from Wiggle and Merlin over the last two weeks, about 10 days from date of order in both cases so a bit slower than usual but nothing out of the way.

I placed an order with Tredz on the 31st, I'm hoping they'll dispatch it by the end of the week as they haven't done so yet.

I'm working in retail myself so I can't/won't blame them for being a bit slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

smacl wrote: »

I had a Merlin order from early May that I was waiting on (I had moaned about it earlier in this thread). GLS, who were the carrier at this end, returned it to Merlin after 2 weeks of it sitting in their warehouse without even attempting delivery:mad::mad:

Have had to re-order the stuff with Merlin and wait for them to process the return so I can get a refund. Not Merlin's fault at all but so infuriating. And of course it's stuff that I really need too!:(

Northwave Revolution 2 shoes in black, probably my most expensive creaking sound yet. The soles on existing shoes cracked.

An assortment of gels from the bargain thread as well.

It now looks like I'll be painting for the foreseeable future given the recent expenditure!!! I reckon Mrs Dahat sees this as an ideal opportunity for extended labour with racing season postponed.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

I reserved a Kryptonite Mini 7 u lock in Halfords for click n collect on Friday, got an email on Saturday afternoon saying it was ready for collection. Lined up on Sunday morning for over an hour, got to top of queue only to be told it was sold out and someone should've rang me. Ordered same from a UK seller on ebay on Sunday for €42 + parcel motel and it arrived tonight. Spent a frustrating half hour fiddling around with the mounting bracket before giving up and asking neighbour to hold it in place while I tightened the bolt.

Delighted with myself and looking forward to going for a but further on my cycles from now on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Got back cycling there recently after a long lay off.

I have a 10 year old Carerra Virtuoso.

A couple of weeks ago after some help on here I decided to go clipless.

I went with a set of Look En Rage plus pedals and got a pair of Shimano spd shoes.

And onto whats in the post to me:

Some blue and white camo bar tape as the original white stuff is manky.

A new chain, as the original one is still on there and is also manky.

And most importantly a new set of 25c Pirelli P Zero 4S tyres as Im sick of the slippery 23c gatorskins that are on there at the moment.

Hoping for a new level of comfort with the new tyres.

I also have a couple of jerseys on the way from AliExpress for the past month now. God knows when they'll turn up.

Oh an I nearly forgot a set of prescription Horizon cycling glasses from Optilabs. They should arrive very soon.

I think that’s enough spending for now! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭.red.

Ive a bib on the way from Galibier, hopefully here tomorrow as I'm noticing my arse a little raw towards the end of my cycle and I'm hoping to up it by a few km on Monday.
    Ordered a few MTB jerseys from sports direct, cheap and cheerful. Went with bright colours and the wife said I'd be like a highlighter on a bike.
    Also got a cat eye trip computer, water bottle, some chamois cream and a saddle bag the other day.
    I'll have spent more on bits than the bike by time I'm finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭AlfaZen

Just got alerted that my new Cube AIM SL 29er is on the way.

I haven't had a MTB since I was 15 so looking forward to getting off road and hitting some trails.

dahat wrote: »
    Northwave Revolution 2 shoes in black, probably my most expensive creaking sound yet. The soles on existing shoes cracked.

An assortment of gels from the bargain thread as well.

It now looks like I'll be painting for the foreseeable future given the recent expenditure!!! I reckon Mrs Dahat sees this as an ideal opportunity for extended labour with racing season postponed.

Ordered the shoes from Deporvillage, en route within 24hrs. It's my first time using them & will again once delivery is complete

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Tony04

AlfaZen wrote: »
    Just got alerted that my new Cube AIM SL 29er is on the way.

I haven't had a MTB since I was 15 so looking forward to getting off road and hitting some trails.

Make sure to fit a chainstay protector. Cheap mtbs are grand for starting out, but usally the drivetrain isnt the best for rough terrain so you get alot of chain slap, which for me has ruined the chainstays paint on my first bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Wait till they find out what I've posted about them on boards :eek:

Actually just read through it:
    He was satisfied a "strong prima facie case" had been made out the goodwill in its name and mark had been damaged by its use on the parody account and by association with the comments posted using the username associated with the account.

I would have thought that the lack of goodwill present as well as the fact that you can't damage something that is beyond repair any further, meant this was a waste of time. If they had any sense they would have just let it be, christ, their facebook page is nothing but less than 1 star ratings by easily identifiable people. Maybe if they spent that money on improving their service rather than lawyers they might have a case in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

So, what's in the post? TORM have finally added yellow and orange to their excellent merino-mix jerseys (now also in a lighter, less-warm thickness). Probably my favourite jerseys, the only downside was that they only did stylish dark colours. For the 'see me, see me' amongst us (including me!), the new colours are reassuringly hi-viz.

Anyway, got one. Medium is good on 5'8", 12 stone me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Have these on the way, although, they're with Fastway, and according to the tracking they were delivered just azfter midday yesterday, then loaded onto the van again at 4pm, then marked as damaged at 4:15pm, so who knows where they actually are. Also have some bits coming from FDX and a small Topeak saddle bag on the way too. This cycling is already costing me a fortune!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,042 ✭✭✭✭neris

I have 2 orders on the way from Chain reactions. One order for new tyres was placed on May 29th dispatched on June 2nd and received by fastway in dublin on June 3rd and is still showing up as out for delivery. 2nd order placed yesterday so who knows when that one will show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Set of Fulcrum Racing Zero Carbons and Vittoria Corsa Control Graphene 2s.

It was a toss up between the Racing Zeroes and Campag Boras. The Fulcrums won out as I've previously had a pair and loved them. I'll save up for a set of 50mm Boras! (Did someone say it's fathers day next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Had a delivery from DPD today, left the stuff at the door and didn't even ring the bell. Though in fairness they send a text and email at 9am to say what time they would be calling, anyway the 2 year saw him out the window and chaos ensued "a man left a present for daddy, quick!!!!!!!" :D

She was pretty disappointed that I hadn't ordered anything edible or her size to wear, though she did let me put the one jersey on her :D

It was a few new summer jerseys, a chain and some tubes. Regular post arrived not long after with badly needed new trainers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭joey100

Ultegra Di2 disc brake groupset for the new TCR.

New spatz gloves and windsocks. Have their winter overshoes and they are brilliant, keep everything out but for dirty days in spring and summer they are just too warm so hoping the wind socks will work for them days.

2x tacx deva bottle cages for the new build and to finish it off a nice set of pro handlebars.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Trekker09

jimm wrote: »

I'd nearly buy a frame just to have that HS! I love everything about Campag styling from that era

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

Some gels from wiggle seems good value at 13 euro for 20.

Also received a new chain and chain tester Marrey cycles - uber fast, ordered around midnight Tuesday, delivered today. - downside, it turns out I'm nowhere near needing a new chain, so I have a spare just in case:D:D:D

My Wahoo Bolt has arrived

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,492 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i give it 60 minutes before the old one turns up, having been in a shoe.

Advertisement