Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Jack1985 wrote: »
    DVM the ''Retro'' returns back to Dublin tomorrow evening and DEK is off for a repaint.

DEK DUB1900-1945SNN
    DVM SNN2030-2115DUB

Was there a A320 painted recently - DVK I thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

EI-DVK is in the new livery, saw it myself at LHR the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

EI-DVK is in the new livery, saw it myself at LHR the other day.

Cheers - I’ll update the livery list!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Aviation2K16

Has ELA gone in for a repaint ? It hasnt flown since Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Has ELA gone in for a repaint ? It hasnt flown since Tuesday.

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

EI-DVK
    49440970267_785ac98bde_b.jpg

Nice to see the repaints picking up place but can spot two minor errors with that one; The flag should come after the registration and the titles have been placed ever so slightly too far back so the space between them and the shamrock is bigger than it should be.

Note the placement of the 'g' here on EI-DVN for reference.

40239713483_b0d34da67d_b.jpg

Only minor errors and hardly noticeable to most people but not the first time mistakes have been made on IAC repaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Nice to see the repaints picking up place but can spot two minor errors with that one; The flag should come after the registration

I prefer the Ryanair approach to the flag which is to have it facing the nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    I prefer the Ryanair approach to the flag which is to have it facing the nose.

Which one the Irish or Polish one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 EIN123

Is there a list any where online that shows the current aircraft that are painted?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

EIN123 wrote: »
    Is there a list any where online that shows the current aircraft that are painted?

Yeah
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057981271/2/#post112354000

EI-DEK is currently on its way down to Shannon for its repaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭uxiant

What routes do Aer Lingus use the old A321s on?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭zone 1

uxiant wrote: »

some one say before ACE

uxiant wrote: »

Theyve done DUB-KTT & RVN charters this winter and operate the charter flights from DUB-SZG. They do AGP, FAO, BOJ (during the summer) canary islands also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Nice to see the repaints picking up place but can spot two minor errors with that one; The flag should come after the registration and the titles have been placed ever so slightly too far back so the space between them and the shamrock is bigger than it should be.

40239713483_b0d34da67d_b.jpg

Only minor errors and hardly noticeable to most people but not the first time mistakes have been made on IAC repaints.

That flag is back to front.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Looking at those 2 pics, the stem of the shamrock is on the 3rd window, while the 'g' is on the 7th window. Both are the same

And as above the flag is incorrect. The livery is designed to be seen from the lefthand side. Those the flag on the left will be green/white/orange, as iff the flagpole is at the nose. On the right hand side the flag should be seen in reverse, similarly as if the flagpole is at the nose but we are looking at the back of it.

Tenger wrote: »
    Looking at those 2 pics, the stem of the shamrock is on the 3rd window, while the 'g' is on the 7th window. Both are the same

And as above the flag is incorrect. The livery is designed to be seen from the lefthand side. Those the flag on the left will be green/white/orange, as iff the flagpole is at the nose. On the right hand side the flag should be seen in reverse, similarly as if the flagpole is at the nose but we are looking at the back of it.

The shamrock is in the correct position. The titles are slightly to the left, leaving a larger gap between them and the shamrock.

The ‘g’ in EI-DVK is centred directly over the 7th window while it remains slightly to the right of that window on ‘DVN and all previous repaints. It’s a simple case of the logo mark not being applied correctly.

As for the flag, Aer Lingus don’t follow the rule that it should painted how it would be seen flying from a flagpole. Ryanair definitely do.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Took a closer look, I see now that the g is centered on one but not on the other. Would never have noticed it myself though.

As for the flag, when I was with them the definitely followed the flag protocol. Perhaps with all the staff changes over the last 10-15 years it just been overlooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Can anyone tell me why the tail has just "VK" or "VN" etc when the full reg is "DVK/DVN"?

• Advertisement

Can anyone tell me why the tail has just "VK" or "VN" etc when the full reg is "DVK/DVN"?

Those letters aren't for you and I, they are there for the ground staff of the airline. So they won't care about an extra letter when they are looking for VN on the ramp. No point wasting money when it isn't needed.

Those letters aren't for you and I, they are there for the ground staff of the airline. So they won't care about an extra letter when they are looking for VN on the ramp. No point wasting money when it isn't needed.

Thanks. As soon as I read this I pictured that scenario straight off. It's a bit obvious now! :)

How much would the D cost extra to paint on?

Tenger wrote: »
    As for the flag, when I was with them the definitely followed the flag protocol. Perhaps with all the staff changes over the last 10-15 years it just been overlooked.

The flag protocol hasn't been officially used at Aer Lingus since the 1960s livery. There are some exceptions but these would have been mistakes as brand guidelines indicated the flag should always be as standard, no matter what direction the aircraft is perceived to be flying in.

747 in 1987;

48233031401_6658e3ddac_c.jpg

Other Irish airlines have had various approaches to the flag protocol. Ryanair has always consistently followed the protocol by having the flag reversed on the starboard side of the aircraft, indicating direction of travel. Aer Arann didn't actually feature the flag on its aircraft until the short lived green livery was introduced, in this case it followed the Aer Lingus example while adding a European flag to accompany it. CityJet's last livery did the same, Irish flag + European flag same on both sides.

Does anyone know when EI-LRD will arrive? SNN-JFK resumes on the 13/02 so the 2nd A321LR will be needed in SNN.

Does anyone know when EI-LRD will arrive? SNN-JFK resumes on the 13/02 so the 2nd A321LR will be needed in SNN.

Spotted at XFW today.

https://twitter.com/Tobias_Gudat/status/1221837175383379968?s=20

Must only be a matter of week away now.

Spotted at XFW today.

https://twitter.com/Tobias_Gudat/status/1221837175383379968?s=20

Must only be a matter of week away now.

Thanks for the link to the picture. Definitely looks like itll be ready soon.

Thanks. As soon as I read this I pictured that scenario straight off. It's a bit obvious now! :)

How much would the D cost extra to paint on?

I don't know but x50 or whatever is in their fleet and it adds up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭john boye

I don't know but x50 or whatever is in their fleet and it adds up.

I'd have thought it's just for practicality as much as cost given that the aircraft are referred to by the last two letters of their reg and the lower cost is just a happy result it. BA do the same.

747 in 1987;

48233031401_6658e3ddac_c.jpg

That livery looks fantastic!

• Advertisement

EI-EIM, the newest A330, is currently awake in Brussels. It’s appeared on FlightRadar24 but with no callsign at the moment.

Preparing to move?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement