Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

With the exception of special exceptions the IAA do not recycle registrations so the original should always be available as long as the frame it was assigned to exists.

The only 'reused' reg is the Aer Lingus IOLAR which is not the original but has been given the originals reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Jack1985 wrote: »
    GEY now expected back Monday returning as EIN2505 departing Bordeaux 16:00, arriving into Dublin at 16:45. No EIS planned as of yet as it’s subject to change.

Looks like it arrived in this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    Looks like it arrived in this evening.

And to YYZ tomorrow?

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/EIGEY/history

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Interesting.
    Didnt realise flight aware had reg info the day before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Planned for EI109 this Saturday, won’t be operating tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Jack1985 wrote: »
    Planned for EI109 this Saturday, won’t be operating tomorrow.

I was thinking it was a bit quick after coming back. Odd that FA had it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭zone 1

Has their been any talk of upgrade to the 320 fleet , or just keep going with what they have. or is the big focus on TA 321LR

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,163 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

zone 1 wrote: »
    Has their been any talk of upgrade to the 320 fleet , or just keep going with what they have. or is the big focus on TA 321LR

They’re still repainting the 320 and upgrading them to mood lighting so I think they’ll be around for a while yet. Probably be replaced on a frame for frame bases over the years with 320neos from the IAG pool

With 8 A321 NEO LR's coming an 4 A321 NEO XLR coming, most will do a single EU return flight each day as well which will release some pressure

SNN is getting Paris and Barcelona added thanks to the A321 NEO running BOS/JFK

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Shamrockj

Can confirm -GEY has been refitted to the current business class seats. Its operating the 109 today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭sherology

Shamrockj wrote: »
    Can confirm -GEY has been refitted to the current business class seats. Its operating the 109 today.

What seat type is in economy on GEY? Recaro?

And the newly arrived new -300s... Have they got green economy seats (per the a330s) or the new dual-grey/lime seat covers (per the new LRs)... That is... Are EI adopting the LRs styling into the new a330s?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

With the exception of special exceptions the IAA do not recycle registrations so the original should always be available as long as the frame it was assigned to exists.

The only 'reused' reg is the Aer Lingus IOLAR which is not the original but has been given the originals reg.

I want EI-EIO reused

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Shamrockj

sherology wrote: »
    What seat type is in economy on GEY? Recaro?

And the newly arrived new -300s... Have they got green economy seats (per the a330s) or the new dual-grey/lime seat covers (per the new LRs)... That is... Are EI adopting the LRs styling into the new a330s?

I think GEY has the same ones that came with it and the fwd section that had business seats after doors 2 now has the older Aer Lingus ones like on -DAA/DUZ etc.

Not too sure about the new ones we shall see!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭Comhrá

I want EI-EIO reused

Would have looked great on the leased McDonnell Douglas MD-11 EI operated

some years back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Aviation2K16

Does anyone know if EI-DVM will get repainted into the new livery or keep the retro livery?

It seems to be next into the paint shop in Shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ohigg84

Does anyone know if EI-DVM will get repainted into the new livery or keep the retro livery?

It seems to be next into the paint shop in Shannon.

Hope it gets its nose cone repainted black!

I don't think it will get the new livery!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

EI-DVK flew back to Dublin today after a week or so in Shannon - did it get repainted?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Was there any talk of having a spare A3XX this summer? Like -FCC a few years back.

Was there any talk of having a spare A3XX this summer? Like -FCC a few years back.

Doubt it with the new 321LRs covering some Euro rotations I guess that has provided slack in the fleet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

EI-DVM was starting to look very grubby, I hope it gets to keep the retro livery but I'm doubtful, most are saying it will be standard colours.

The 85th anniversary is just around the corner, a chance for a new retro to appear.

• Advertisement

The 85th anniversary is just around the corner, a chance for a new retro to appear.
    Hope so

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭PeasantHater

A330-302 A7-AEH reportedly moving to Aer Lingus in April 2020 as EI-EIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

A330-302 A7-AEH reportedly moving to Aer Lingus in April 2020 as EI-EIK.

Aye, reported here earlier ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Karl8415

LiamaDelta wrote: »
    Aye, reported here earlier ;)
    Any idea if that 330 is 233 or 242 MTOW, I know both EIM/EIN are 242T

Its a 2006 hull so it won't be a HGW as they only became available in 2015

GAJ/GCF/EIM/EIN are all HGW 242 with the crew rest module fitted and are registered as 242T and have 4 seats less vs the A330-300 233T fleet. Thats enough to cover SEA/SFO/LAX.

FNG/FNH are most likely built as HGW 242 hulls but are registered as 233T hull as they don't have crew rest so no point in paying the extra ATC fees as they don't fly far enough to need the weight.

Head of Social at Aer Lingus has said that EI-DVM will be retaining its retro livery.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭HTCOne

Head of Social at Aer Lingus has said that EI-DVM will be retaining its retro livery.

I was hoping they'd paint it in the correct retro livery this time, ie green stripes/lines instead of black.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

HTCOne wrote: »
    I was hoping they'd paint it in the correct retro livery this time, ie green stripes/lines instead of black.

What part is black that shouldn’t be?

The cheat line down the fuselage and the stripes on the tail are a very dark green on the original 1960s livery but on the retro livery it's been painted too dark, almost black in appearance in most conditions.

It *is* green but a shade or two darker than it should be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭HTCOne

EchoIndia wrote: »
    What part is black that shouldn’t be?

Aer-Lingus-B707.jpg

Basically everything that’s black on DVM except the nose cone should be green.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement