Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭EI321

EI-EIM, the newest A330, is currently awake in Brussels. It’s appeared on FlightRadar24 but with no callsign at the moment.

Preparing to move?

Its being flown to Malta to have seats fitted. Interested to know if they will be the same as the A321neos.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Gone off FR now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

Possibly just warming it up, ready for its move in a day or two?

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭sherology

Does anyone know when EI-LRD will arrive? SNN-JFK resumes on the 13/02 so the 2nd A321LR will be needed in SNN.

Sean Doyle (CEO) said February in an article last week complaining about how he late deliveries were affecting their expansion plans.

EI321 wrote: »
    Its being flown to Malta to have seats fitted. Interested to know if they will be the same as the A321neos.

Been told they will have the same colour scheme but doubt they’ll have the same seats because the A321neo is fitted with a variation of Collins Aerospace ‘Pinnacle’ seat which is marketed as a narrow body product.

I’d guess the A330 will continue with the newer Recaro seat which is found on the latest A333s and other IAG carriers like Iberia’s A330/A350s and British Airways’ A350s.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Aviation2K16

sherology wrote: »
    Sean Doyle (CEO) said February in an article last week complaining about how he late deliveries were affecting their expansion plans.

I just read that now. Thanks.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Regarding the next 2 A333s. Quoted elsewhere that the Business class seats will get fitted while in Malta.
    Can anyone tell me why the tail has just "VK" or "VN" etc when the full reg is "DVK/DVN"?

In addition the aircraft are usually referred to by staff by the last 2 letters, as in Alpha XRay, Victor India, PapaGolf, etc.

On an aside CPD was always nicknamed PapaDrop.
    The old 146s had nicknames in a similar vein;
    Can't Leave Hanger
    Can't Leave Ground
    Can't Leave Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Tenger wrote: »
    The old 146s had nicknames in a similar vein;
    Can't Leave Hanger
    Can't Leave Ground
    Can't Leave Ireland

Bring Another Engine

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Two of the first gen ATRs stobart had picked up similar theme nicknames here - BYO and CBK. Bring Your Own (replacement coach transfer, or similar) and many variations of Bolloxed and Knackered

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

https://www.aviation24.be/maintenance-repair-overhaul-mro/sabena-technics/a-brand-new-maintenance-hangar-and-a-confirmed-strategy-for-sabena-technics/

I can't read the identifier on that plane but it is an Aer Lingus plane in the old livery at an MRO in Bordeaux.
    Is this a major check which can't be carried out somewhere more local?

• Advertisement

rivegauche wrote: »
    https://www.aviation24.be/maintenance-repair-overhaul-mro/sabena-technics/a-brand-new-maintenance-hangar-and-a-confirmed-strategy-for-sabena-technics/

I can't read the identifier on that plane but it is an Aer Lingus plane in the old livery at an MRO in Bordeaux.
    Is this a major check which can't be carried out somewhere more local?

Aer Lingus has been sending aircraft for maintenance in Bordeaux for quite a few years now, probably over a decade. They also use Etihad’s Abu Dhabi facilities as well as facilities in Dublin. Cost and availability are likely the biggest factors.

The aircraft in question is EI-DAA, it was the first aircraft to enter Sabena Technics new hanger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

19 year old plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

19 year old plane.

Ryanair have 737's dating back to Jan 2003 operating at a minimum nearly 6 sectors per day with much higher cycles.

Once aircraft are maintained well they have plenty of years to give.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Noxegon

19 year old plane.

Not all that old.From my DB I can tell you that I flew on P-885 and age 32.4, PH-BFC at 26.3, and EI-CJX at 23.2.

P-885 is probably not a good reference point for aircraft age – but I've also been on N152DL which is 29.3 and still flying.

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

19 year old plane.

Only a teenager !

Long time 'friend of the forum' EI-STA is in her twenties :D

( https://flyinginireland.com/aircraft.php?Registration=EI-STA )

Anyone know if ASL sold here or is the re-reg on foot of some leasing arrangement ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Went to Klas Jet

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Karl8415

Just browsing though the Internet and they have her down as in storage, where ever that is

EI-DAA returned from maintenance in Bordeaux this evening, after exactly a month away.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Heard a EIN callsign in Saudi Airspace last night, heading to/from maintenance I believe.

smurfjed wrote: »
    Heard a EIN callsign in Saudi Airspace last night, heading to/from maintenance I believe.

3 of them planned yo go down to Abu Dhabi this year for MX.
    A mate was flight crew on a ferry flight last year. Said he got "are you lost?" over the RT from BA crew!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

A333 EI-EAV Dublin-Abu Dhabi.

the poor controllers stuck with Echo India November rather than Shamrock or Lingus, but I was quite surprised when I heard it as he was given a frequency change.

I will miss eavesdropping on other aircraft when CPDLC is introduced this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

the poor controllers stuck with Echo India November rather than Shamrock or Lingus, but I was quite surprised when I heard it as he was given a frequency change.

I will miss eavesdropping on other aircraft when CPDLC is introduced this summer.

Do the crew not identify themselves as shamrock ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

Cloudio9 wrote: »

+1, I would have thought the ICAO telephony designator would be used, though they are not mandatory.

No idea, I only checked in on that frequency as they were assigned a different frequency, so only heard one call.

Cloudio9 wrote: »

Shamrock is the normal call sign, but at times (not 100% and going on old memory) they use the full designator when entering new ATC region.

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭HTCOne

When it works....

When it works....
    LOL, around here it will make a lot of sense as it will avoid “punctuation errors” and spelling of “waypoints”.
    Shamrock is the normal call sign, but at times (not 100% and going on old memory) they use the full designator when entering new ATC region.
    We do the same, enter new airspace and call the 3 letter callsign, if the controller knows the airline name and responds with that, we will stick with the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Karl8415

Just looking at EI- DAA inbound from lax it's over Greenland at its flying at 29,000 ft, I've never seen them that low considering their still approximately 3 hrs from Dublin and there doesn't seem to be anything nearby that impead him from climbing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Karl8415 wrote: »
    Just looking at EI- DAA inbound from lax it's over Greenland at its flying at 29,000 ft, I've never seen them that low considering their still approximately 3 hrs from Dublin and there doesn't seem to be anything nearby that impead him from climbing

Looks like all of the westbound flights there are at 310 and above, so maybe they need to go below?:

https://flightplandatabase.com/nav/NATS

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement