Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Pizza in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,862 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

I agree with Dough Bros, I hope they open a branch in Dublin. For those near Dublin 1 and Dublin 7, Boco Bar & Oven on Bolton Street is pretty close to the Dough Bros taste.

I know the owner of BOCO and he agreed with me when I said the best Pizza in Ireland is Dough Bros but I also told him its not all bad news as they are not in Dublin and you do the best pizza in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,335 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

skimpydoo wrote: »
    I know the owner of BOCO and he agreed with me when I said the best Pizza in Ireland is Dough Bros but I also told him its not all bad news as they are not in Dublin and you do the best pizza in Dublin.

And did you get your freebie? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

We are true pizza connoisseurs!

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Polka_Dot

Tried the new wood fired pizza place Rua in Phibsboro at the weekend and was very impressed

And did you get your freebie? ;)
    No freebies for speaking the truth.

• Advertisement

We are true pizza connoisseurs!
    Yeah and I don't why Pi is getting such praise unless it's because of the owner's father in law.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

skimpydoo wrote:
    Yeah and I don't why Pi is getting such praise unless it's because of the owner's father in law.

Maybe its because people like the pizza?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,335 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Or maybe it’s because he’s really trying to impress his FIL so pulled out all the stops.

TL:DR Begrudgery =======>

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I'm sure your friend who owns BOCO will be delighted that you've identified with him on a public forum before groundlessly slagging off another restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Pi is terribly overrated. Like the ingredients are good, but they are very scant, and you are paying a premium of about 6 quid on each pizza so they can afford the huge rent on George’s Street.

It’s the latest food offering to become fetishised. There’s obviously good pizza and bad pizza, but there’s always a hint of the emperor’s New clothes about some of these new restaurant openings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Sano is currently on groupon, €21 for two pizzas, desserts and drinks. Be having that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

Classic boards, only a matter of time before things took a twist. That is an awful thing to say about anyone. Have a word with your mate about all the blood sweat and tears that goes into making any business work. If you read the stories online about Reg from PI he started off in his back garden and worked his ass off to get where he is. There is a genuine passion there.

You cant just throw money at something and it will succeed. If you think so, just check out this review https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/food-and-drink/restaurant-reviews/review-nice-decor-but-45-for-a-pizza-and-5-for-a-falafel-1.3739615

The thread title is best pizza in dublin. Let people give their opinion. Some prefer Dominos, Manifesto, PI etc. Some might prefer Goodfellas. Its just an opinion. If you tried PI and dont like it fair enough, but you say that the following or the reviews/critics is because of a relation. Thats some massive conspiracy....

No need for personal attacks.

Back to the Pizza, I had a lovely long stretched pizza last night in Zizzis.

Vincenzo's wood fired pizza in Dublin 5

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

RCK1 wrote: »
    One i dont rhink has been mentioned is Brezzi s woodfried pizza in Portmarnock. Lovely

+1 on Brezzis.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,827 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Miaow! :eek:

Maybe because it's really good pizza? I loved it, even though I chose toppings badly on my first visit.

Tastes differ, ya know.

(Who is the owner's father in law, by the way? In fact, who's the owner?)

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Tom1991

I think it should all be based on quality and service.I found the service to be lacklustre in PI and it soured my experience of the pizza.Who owns the place is irrelevant to me in the discussion.

But reading this has giving me plenty of date ideas for the missus and having just tried box burger I’ll have to give platform pizza a try soon as well as box burger was fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Basil on the Ringsend Road, Dublin 4 - Amazing pizza.

Also be partial to a DPC pizza myself

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Galliot & Gray on Clanbrassil street do great pizzas.
    Gruyère cheese used rather than mozzarella to give it an extra bite.

It's Emmental rather than Gruyère that they use. Like a lot of traditional pizza places in France.

Went to Pi before Christmas and really liked it. Service was good. I had the vege pizza and was unsure about the broccoli but it actually worked well. It was slightly soggy, but I put that down to the amount of toppings on it.

I love Da Mimmo, and it's close to me. I've had a couple of issues there with the base not being cooked enough. It was always around lunch and I put it down to the oven not having enough time to warm up. It is almost always great pizza though. Easy to order when I'm driving home from work for collection.

Dublin Pizza Company has always been great as well. I just wish they would open their sit in place, which is 20 metres up the street.

Haven't been to Sano yet, hadn't even heard of it, but I just bought the Groupon deal!

Patww79 wrote: »
    Pizza Hut in Tyrrellstown for me. Never took to that bubbly dry Italian type base so it'd have to be a more American style for me. The one in question is better than any of the other branches I've tried.

I love American style pizza, but I wouldn't eat Pizza Hut TBH.
    4 star are decent enough.
    Domino's mighty meaty is still my favourite I think.
    The hipster places being mentioned so far are overpriced sh1te.
    Pizza hut is consistent but none deliver near me.

You've got to be one of the best trolls on Boards :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Best delivered pizza for me is Base Pizza - it holds up so well. Four Star has, surprisingly, also proved to be consistent the last few months and has quite a tasty tomato sauce which also holds up well with delivery.

The Neapolitan style of pizza is, for me, the best style of pizza however. Having had it in Naples, I feel that it is exactly what I adore in pizza. Therefore, for a lot of pizza reviews, I realise it is very subjective as the Neapolitan style isn't to everyone's taste and I would withhold criticising a pizza place just because it isn't to my tastes.

Forno 500 is somewhere I'd love to try soon and Pi (because of the hype in reviews from this thread and the IT). Di Fontaine's do a great slice of pizza but I normally eat it after a few beers so that is likely to contribute to the deliciousness.

Went to Sano last night. The pizza was really good. Dough was pretty much perfect. It’s a gas oven they use though, not wood fired.
    Desserts were home made and really good as well.

Service was sub standard and glassware wasn’t washed properly.

I’ll have to try both sano and pi again to see which is my favourite between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

New place in Phibsboro, RUA. It's really nice, and the pizzas aren't mad money for what you're getting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 binana

Cotto in Stoneybatter!!! Sourdough neapolitan pizza bases with gorgeous and unusual toppings. Drool emoji.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Tried Sano last Friday for lunch. Great pizza and great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭XVII

another vote for Manifesto

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Tried Sano last Friday for lunch. Great pizza and great value.

Only thing they need is some tasty dips. A nice garlic butter/mayo would go down a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Big fan of Bel Cibo in Smithfield

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Di Fontaines - Best in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Di Fontaines - Best in Dublin.

I know there are personal preferencea but this is incorrect.

Yes they are decent and you get a big slice in a convenient on the run manner but the actual pizza is quite a few levels off the best.

Advertisement