Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Pizza in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Favorites of mine; Crillos (Baggot St), Dublin Pizza Company (Aungier St), Manifesto & Tiger Wood Fire Pizza (Rathmines). Looking forward to trying Sano now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Birneybau wrote: »
    Dollard's toppings come off en masse, one bite and you have mostly base left.

DiFontaines is A-OK by me.

Both okay for myself too. Just saying they both are not near the best pizzas in dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 28,918 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Ate in Pi last night.

Love the pizza base (although I can see how it would not appeal to some, but I love that chewy thin crust). I chose badly for toppings though, I opted for the Nduja (salami) and it was an oily mess - tasted absolutely gorgeous, just the right level of spiciness for me, but it was a soggy sorry sight by the time I got half way through it. And it was so RICH - I had indigestion half the night!

Others got plainer pizzas though, and they were absolutely gorgeous. And hoovering up the crusts in their goreous garlicky dips was the best bit of all.

I'll definitely be back, but not for that particular pizza!

(Nor the veggie one either, with what looked like a whole head of broccoli and rings of bright orange butternut squash puree - looked utterly bizarre!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,360 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Vincenzo’s on the Malahide Road do a decent wood fired pizza.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Da Mimmo is not only the best pizza but the best Italian food in Dublin. Nowhere comes close.

https://damimmo.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Manifesto in Rathmines for realsies.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Agent Smyth

Surprised to see that Bits and Pizzas in Dun Laoghaire and That's Amore in Monkstown haven't been mentioned yet

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

Surprised to see that Bits and Pizzas in Dun Laoghaire and That's Amore in Monkstown haven't been mentioned yet

Never heard of bits and pizzas, I must try. The other items on the menu are so good in That's Amore, I never order pizza there anymore, even though the pizza is very very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

RasTa wrote: »
    Da Mimmo is not only the best pizza but the best Italian food in Dublin. Nowhere comes close.

Da Mimmo is very good, but I think Thats Amore in monkstown is better, it may not have the menu options of Da Mimmo but the quality is second to none.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

Platform Pizza in Bray is quite nice too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,927 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Gave Rascals brewery in Inchicore a go the other night. Very nice pizza! We got 4 different ones between us and the variety of toppings was brilliant.

https://rascalsbrewing.com/contact/

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Wallaces on the north quays do a fine pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

Di fontaines, slices the size of your head

Good pizza need not be complicated so you can take all your fancy toppings and dump them in the bin. Its de fontaines for me!

Might have a slice today

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭belfe

There are two kind of people.
    - Those who say that manifesto is the best.
    - Those who have never tried pizza in manifesto.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

GBX wrote: »
    Have Rascals brewery in Inchicore a go the other night. Very nice pizza! We got 4 different ones between us and the variety of toppings was brilliant.

https://rascalsbrewing.com/contact/

Demolished a pizza here this evening, did not disappoint. So glad to have this on my doorstep! My waistline won’t thank me though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

The Woodfire Cafe in Blessington St. Tom Doorley reckons it is the best pizza in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Di Fontaines on Parliament Street has lovely New York style pizza slices, you get a nice big slice for about €3.50 or €4. Good for a walk in off the street.
    Will be checking out Sano after the recommendations in this thread!
    Birneybau wrote: »
    Dollard's toppings come off en masse, one bite and you have mostly base left.

DiFontaines is A-OK by me.
    Di fontaines, slices the size of your head

Good pizza need not be complicated so you can take all your fancy toppings and dump them in the bin. Its de fontaines for me!

Might have a slice today

I'd assumed Di Fontaines had vanished as it hadn't been mentioned in the first few pages. It made me a little sad. Also sad that someone had to explain what Eamonn Doran's was :eek:

Obviously this is highly subjective and it's been 8 years since I've lived in Dublin but Di Fontaines was worth the trek across Temple Bar (after the move - there was one over the river in. . . .struggling to remember the venue's name. . .was it Voodoo Lounge?). No faff, just honest to goodness smashing slices of pizza. Must pay a visit on my next trip home.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Platform Pizza in Bray is quite nice too

Bray is in Wicklow :D

Great pizza though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Bray is in Wicklow :D

Great pizza though!!

Little bray isn’t :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭mick malones mauser

Independent Pizza in Drumcondra

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

I used to love them but I've gotten pizza from them twice in the last couple of months and been very disappointed. Both were overdone and skimped on the toppings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,658 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Used to be excellent but gone downhill hugely in the past 18 months

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

matrim wrote: »
    I used to love them but I've gotten pizza from them twice in the last couple of months and been very disappointed. Both were overdone and skimped on the toppings.

+1 on this, I used to go to Independent Pizza Co about 3-4 times a year but on my last visit the pizza and starters were awful compared to what they were putting out before. Havent been back since and doubt I will going by other reports here. Its a shame because I think they've been in business some 35 odd years. Im not sure what happened, maybe the original owners retired and sold and the head chef was replaced. Defintely went downhill for me whatever it was that changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

RasTa wrote: »

Da Mimmos pizza is top class but anytime Im in I just cannot resist their shin of beef ragu and tagliatelle, it is absolutely divine. Great prices in Da Mimmo too, very reasonable for what you get

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Da Mimmos pizza is top class but anytime Im in I just cannot resist their shin of beef ragu and tagliatelle, it is absolutely divine. Great prices in Da Mimmo too, very reasonable for what you get

Yes it has quite a large menu for such a small spot. Hard to look past the pizzas but I'll definitely try that.

The Antipasto sharing starter is great value too, slightly different stuff but equally excellent every time I've had it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Extremely bad pizza

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Last time I had Di Fontaine's it was absolute muck. Greasy, way too salty, awful! I used to love Ciao Bella Roma next door for my late night fix but they don't go into the wee hours of the morning anymore.

Sano is next on my list, looking forward to trying it!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

For anyone saying Sano - keep an eye on groupon, etc... usually have a deal up there which makes it even better value (how is that even possible!?)

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭RCK1

One i dont rhink has been mentioned is Brezzi s woodfried pizza in Portmarnock. Lovely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

Notorious wrote: »
    Pretty sure they're also the Gourmet Pizza Company when you order online. Its a little on the pricey side (think I paid €18 with delivery for a 12"), but they do a lovely pizza. The Mexican is a winner.

Unfortunately the countries best pizza is found in Galway. Dough Bros. I've yet to sample a better slice of pie in Ireland.

I agree with Dough Bros, I hope they open a branch in Dublin. For those near Dublin 1 and Dublin 7, Boco Bar & Oven on Bolton Street is pretty close to the Dough Bros taste.

Advertisement