Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Pizza in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah, Di Fontaines is nice and all when you need a late night slice but it's far far from the best

• Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Ate in Sano a few nights back. Had the Diavolo which was really good pizza, especially the crust. Could have been more toppings but it was dam tasty. Service was a bit slow, probably waited about 20 minutes but wasn't all that bothered. Was surprised at how big it is, I was expecting no more than 30 seats but with the basement and ground floor they're seating almost 80 at a guess. I preferred Pi over the two of them but the prices in Sano are almost 30% cheaper. In fact when you think about it to be able to sit down for table service in a city centre restaurant and get a 12 inch pizza for €8-€9 is an absolute bargain really. Will definitely be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

maximoose wrote: »
    Yeah, Di Fontaines is nice and all when you need a late night slice but it's far far from the best

I'd agree it's the best New York-style pizza in Dublin (and I lived in New York for three years so have some experience in this!). Depends on your preference I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭delricyo

Getting lots of ideas from this thread, thanks!

DiFontaines is great if you happen to walk in as they are taking a fresh one out of the oven. Reheated slices just aren't the same.

Apart from Di Fontaines what other pizza places are there that serve New York style pizza? Also is there anywhere doing Chicago deep dish style at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,438 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Muahahaha wrote: »
    +1 on this, I used to go to Independent Pizza Co about 3-4 times a year but on my last visit the pizza and starters were awful compared to what they were putting out before. Havent been back since and doubt I will going by other reports here. Its a shame because I think they've been in business some 35 odd years. Im not sure what happened, maybe the original owners retired and sold and the head chef was replaced. Defintely went downhill for me whatever it was that changed.

Don't believe it's changed hands but the owners, who used to also run the place, don't ever seem to be on the premises anymore. A pity - I think it's still pretty decent but yes, not as good as in the past. Still busy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,371 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Very few mentions of Milanos. For a Franchise, it’s pretty good, I’ve never had a bad pizza there and they had a pulled pork pizza on special once that was absolutely amazing.

Yeah Milanos is pretty decent and they always have some sort of discount on www.milanooffers.ie I love their Sloppy Guisseppe pizza, its also my go to pizza if I'm buying for home- Tesco do it as part of their Milano range and most of the time they are priced at 50% off- €2.66 a pizza, quite the bargain imo

Murph_D wrote: »
    Don't believe it's changed hands but the owners, who used to also run the place, don't ever seem to be on the premises anymore. A pity - I think it's still pretty decent but yes, not as good as in the past. Still busy though.

The owners not being there might explain why its gone downhill. I'll give it one more chance but if its anything like the inedible mess of last time then that'll be it for me. I was annoyed I didnt send the food back the last time but we were in a rush to get to a show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Montos, Camden Street. Not a pizzeria but they do a decent variety and they are just beautiful. Reasonably priced also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Had pizza in BoCo last night and it was definitely the best I've had in Dublin. Next on my list to try is Pi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Anyone tried the new spot Uno Pizza in Rathmines? What's the word on the street.

Tried Proof Pizza on Thomas Street last week

Pizza was good - had the Diavola and was very happy with it and good value, but not quite as good as Sano either on quality or price.

Cocktails were dogshít :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

maximoose wrote: »
    Tried Proof Pizza on Thomas Street last week

Pizza was good - had the Diavola and was very happy with it and good value, but not quite as good as Sano either on quality or price.

Cocktails were dogshít :)

Nice one, walked past this last week and wondered. I did see from their social media that the cocktails were on tap so not surprised on the quality!

Ha! Did not realise that, explains a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Sano is class, Proof is alright.

Fabios in Coolock village/Artane is also very good if you live north side and don't want to go into town. Seriously, very good but a bit pricey.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Tried Wood Fire Cafe on Blessington St last week, really really good pizza. Tried Sanos a couple of months ago, good pizza and good value as well.
    Pi still number one for me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Wallace's Taverna in the Italian Quarter is really good. They fly the dough in from Italy every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,371 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Wallace's Taverna in the Italian Quarter is really good. They fly the dough in from Italy every day.

That’s a joke, right? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

That’s a joke, right? :eek:

I dunno about daily, but they do claim that lots of their ingredients are sourced in and imported from Italy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,277 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Forno 500 do amazing pizzas not sure if they have been mentioned.

Rascals brewery in inchicore also do pizzas which are very decent as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Fat Freddies in Temple Bar no longer there unfortunately :(

I dunno about daily, but they do claim that lots of their ingredients are sourced in and imported from Italy

Probably their San Marzano tomatoes,Tipo 00 flour, peccorino cheese, salami, prosciuttio, etc is all imported from Italy or else just bought from Little Italy food wholesalers in Smithfield who import this stuff in big quantities and sell to a lot of Italian restaurants around the city. I doubt they are importing their dough, thatd be insane

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

gmisk wrote: »
    Forno 500 do amazing pizzas not sure if they have been mentioned.
    I think they are the nicest pizzas I've had in Dublin. I had Pi around the same time and Forno 500 were better. They're properly accredited for adhering to the Naples standard for pizzas so they do source the correct ingredients, soft base, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

All these places getting too popular! 45 min wait for pi (granted it was a Friday night) they do have an app for waiting but just didn't have the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Does anywhere do deep dish in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Does anywhere do deep dish in Dublin?

Chicago Pizza place in St Stephen's Green was only place that did it. Long gone now.
    Doubt any restaurants doing it.

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Chicago Pizza place in St Stephen's Green was only place that did it. Long gone now.
    Doubt any restaurants doing it.

I remember that place. Was only in it once. Remember it been dear enough. Had a pizza pie in Chicago. Takes a good 45 minutes to prepare and bake so it may not be quick enough (or profitable) compared to thin base. (just guessing)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,277 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I remember that place. Was only in it once. Remember it been dear enough. Had a pizza pie in Chicago. Takes a good 45 minutes to prepare and bake so it may not be quick enough (or profitable) compared to thin base. (just guessing)
    I had a pizza pie in chicago before....i just dont get the appeal at all...jesus there is a lot of filling/topping

• Advertisement

gmisk wrote: »
    I had a pizza pie in chicago before....i just dont get the appeal at all...jesus there is a lot of filling/topping

I was ordering a large for myself out of habit but the staff stopped me and said small was enough. They were right! Very dense.

Advertisement