Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Pizza in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Great thing about Milanos is that they always have some kind of offer on, at the moment it is 2 courses for €15
    http://www.milanooffers.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Galliot & Gray on Clanbrassil street do great pizzas.
    Gruyère cheese used rather than mozzarella to give it an extra bite.

Only up the road and pass it a lot - shamed to say never popped in. Would the cheese taste similar to mozzarella?
    dudara wrote: »

I’ll throw an honourable mention here for Forno 500 also. Neapolitan style pizza and quite good.

Without being a cheese degenerate (by the way, I hate cheese unless it's on a pizza) - what's the hard smelly cheese they put on with their "red" pizzas?
    Simona1986 wrote: »
    Dublin Pizza Company is best for me but it's a pain in the ass that I live outside their delivery range and there's no-where to eat it.
    You can however get it delivered to the bar "The Fourth Corner" for €1 extra and have a pint with it!

On the list to pop into the The Fourth Corner - assume it gets their nice and hot?

Coke Lane pizza is also on my list - Luckys on Meath St sell it and somewhere in Stoneybatter (they've moved about a bit there).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

4 star are decent enough.

Domino's mighty meaty is still my favourite I think. Especially if you can get a good discount code.

The hipster places being mentioned so far are overpriced sh1te. Floppy bases with hardly any toppings and very little dough. They burn half the base as well. Terrible stuff.

Pizza hut is consistent but none deliver near me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,658 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Coke Lane pizza is also on my list - Luckys on Meath St sell it and somewhere in Stoneybatter (they've moved about a bit there).

The Glimmer Man

• Registered Users Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Sano and BOCO are my 2 favourites in Dublin and I am surprised nobody else has mentioned BOCO.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 139 ✭✭alexmalalex

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Thin in the middle but puffed up crusts, proper pies they are

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrfNtUAHTzY/

This pizza is clearly burned...you have no taste

This pizza is clearly burned...you have no taste

And you're lacking in pizza knowledge :p
    It is exactly the way Ive had it in Naples, the home of neapolitian pizza. Its called leopard spots or leoparding and is desirable on wood fired pizzas to give the crust a smokey flavour
    Leopard-spotting is a subset of charring — it's the little spots of char that occur on the rim of the pizza. Sometimes large or sometimes pinprick-size. True pizza nerds would not refer to the blackened spots on the undercarriage as leopard-spotting — that's just char.
    https://slice.seriouseats.com/2011/01/glossary-crust-terminology.html
    Chefs at Pomo, true to Neapolitan style, cook their pizzas in a 900° oven, creating what Schiavone refers to as “leopard skin” on the pizza—spots of char that lend a seductively smoky characteristic to the finished pie. McClain works with combination fire-deck ovens; the decks maintain a consistent cooking surface temperature, but he can also add apricot wood for smoke, top heat and color
    http://www.pmq.com/October-2013/Top-chefs-and-operators-share-5-tips-for-a-more-flavorful-crust/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 139 ✭✭alexmalalex

And you're lacking in pizza knowledge :p
    It is exactly the way Ive had it in Naples, the home of neapolitian pizza. Its called leopard spots or leoparding and is desirable on wood fired pizzas to give the crust a smokey flavour

https://slice.seriouseats.com/2011/01/glossary-crust-terminology.html

http://www.pmq.com/October-2013/Top-chefs-and-operators-share-5-tips-for-a-more-flavorful-crust/

...it was far from neapolitan pizzas you were reared....tis burrened

He saw you coming....don;t believe everything you read on the internet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

My wife is from Naples and she says the best, most authentic Neopolitan style pizza she has had in Dublin is from Wallace's Asti on the Corner of Russell St in Drumcondra (beside Croke Park).

We haven't tried Sano but that is going onto our list now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 cangirl86

Gonna have to give a shout out to Quattro in stepaside- their base is amazing and topping combinations are delicious 🀀

• Advertisement

...it was far from neapolitan pizzas you were reared....tis burrened

He saw you coming....don;t believe everything you read on the internet

yeah you're right and experienced pizza chefs are clearly wrong :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

Revolution in Rathgar is excellent. Paulie’s at Shelbourne Road is lovely too. Manifesto in Rathmines is also excellent.

Base is the best delivery option in my view, but it can be a little inconsistent (i.e. sometimes sensational and sometimes just okay).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

On the list to pop into the The Fourth Corner - assume it gets their nice and hot?

Have had it a few times in there and it has been consistently cold.

For a pub, McGarry's in Harold's Cross does a mighty fine pizza. None of that frozen pub crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭mojesius

Paulie's pizza or cirillos.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

yeah you're right and experienced pizza chefs are clearly wrong :rolleyes:

And all the positive reviews. Food critics. People here. Etc etc :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

You don't need to be 'well travelled' or a chef to know burnt is burnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Read through this thread with interest. Will try DBC and PI. Both sound great!!

My suggestions is Di Fontaine in temple bar. In fairness it’s a bit of nostalgia for me though as it’s the same as the auld Eamon Doran’s place which I would have frequented in the day. Thank you fun lovin’s!

Birneybau wrote: »
    Have had it a few times in there and it has been consistently cold.

For a pub, McGarry's in Harold's Cross does a mighty fine pizza. None of that frozen pub crap.

Might avoid so :D Not a fan of takeaways delivered by bicycles....

One of the chefs from McGarrys posts in this forum - he'll be chuffed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Very partial to Dave’s wood fired pizza that does be at various markets around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭The Hound Gone Wild

Very surprised by the lack of Forno 500. That's the closest thing to a Neoplaton pizza I've had outside of Naples. Always rammed with Italians too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Asti
    The back page
    (haven't had sano)
    Pi is too chewy

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

PI is overhyped and wasn’t terribly impressed by the staff either.

Cirrilo’s on Baggot St. is magnificent.

The Yarn (above The Woolen Mills) is pretty decent too.

The pizzas in Dolce Vita above The Patriots in Kilmainham are delicious.

On my “to-taste” list is Gaillot et Gray and the Rascals Brewery in Inchicore.

the Rascals Brewery in Inchicore.

Seen a pic on Instagram of one the other day a lad I know took - looks unreal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Need shades on going in the door.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Patww79 wrote: »
    Need shades on going in the door.

I like it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Di Fontaines on Parliament Street has lovely New York style pizza slices, you get a nice big slice for about €3.50 or €4. Good for a walk in off the street.
    Will be checking out Sano after the recommendations in this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Di Fontaines on Parliament Street has lovely New York style pizza slices, you get a nice big slice for about €3.50 or €4. Good for a walk in off the street.

Its a go to after a few pints but in no way is it top quality pizza. Dollard is superior and offers late night service just around the corner now.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Beersmith wrote: »
    Its a go to after a few pints but in no way is it top quality pizza. Dollard is superior and offers late night service just around the corner now.

I love it. I worked in Eamonn Dorans in Temple Bar (closed about 10 years now). Di Fontaines was where Burdocks is now. At the end of the night they brought in the unsold pizza for the staff, fond memories of that. I still pop in for a slice on Parliament Street sometimes, I think their pizza is lovely myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Beersmith wrote: »

Dollard's toppings come off en masse, one bite and you have mostly base left.

DiFontaines is A-OK by me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Maximilians in Blanch

Pretty sure they're also the Gourmet Pizza Company when you order online. Its a little on the pricey side (think I paid €18 with delivery for a 12"), but they do a lovely pizza. The Mexican is a winner.

Unfortunately the countries best pizza is found in Galway. Dough Bros. I've yet to sample a better slice of pie in Ireland.

Advertisement